Old 17th September 2009, 17:08   #31
BHPian

I found a can of the gulf air conditioner cleaner at the Metro Cash and Carry
Old 17th September 2009, 17:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I found a can of the gulf air conditioner cleaner at the Metro Cash and Carry
easiest way of doing it right , go to total mall , sarjapur road, approach the basement car service area and they will do the ac vent cleaning for you using the gulf products at about Rs800 . and you can stand around and watch as they go about doing their stuff.
Old 17th September 2009, 17:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Lol! Why pay more than double when you can DIY?? Or do they do something extra?
Old 17th September 2009, 19:48   #34
BHPian

Good one. I was thinking of getting my Ac cleaned. By the way My car AC Vents (At least the vent holes)are not very big (Ford Ikon) and how do you guys insert that hanger into it?
Old 17th September 2009, 20:05   #35
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
how do you guys insert that hanger into it?
Don't try inserting a hanger into the vents of the openings are very small. Try and dismantle the grille in front of the vents for better access to them.
Old 17th September 2009, 20:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Using the hanger is not mandatory?! The foam itself seems to clean reasonably well. If you really want go get it cleaner using a physical method, you could use a thin stick or something (or bend a wire of the required shape), tie a cloth to it in a similar fashion and do the job.
Old 7th February 2010, 17:59   #37
BHPian

"On this note, I's like to mention that, the Foam also causes the dirt to settle on the tube floor, and you can clearly see it."
Uhh i didn't get it. What did you mean? And which pic are you referring too. Kidly encircle or something.
Old 8th February 2010, 19:30   #38
BHPian

foam n dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
"On this note, I's like to mention that, the Foam also causes the dirt to settle on the tube floor, and you can clearly see it."
Uhh i didn't get it. What did you mean? And which pic are you referring too. Kidly encircle or something.
well the dirt settled a bit deeper down in the vent floor, so could not take pictures there. Will try to do better during the next cleaning round. on that note- 16 clean cycles already over have to do this often because of the kid travelling with us on long trips.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:02   #39
BHPian

There is this place in Old Delhi Gurgaon raod named as CAR SPA who has got imported machine which makes a steam jet & it can clean AC vents like anything in front of your eyes. i got my Scorpio vents cleans atleast twice from there.
SamtheLeo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2010, 10:30   #40
BHPian

Every one cleaned the vents. Any one ever cleaned the AC chamber (donno what its called as) where the blower is fixed? Well, I did .

On a week end i thoutgt, of taking the car to AC shop as the blower was no effective. was sounding as if there is something stuck in the AC chamber. Thought of trying it myself as i had nothing to do on that weekend.

Mine's a Hyundai Accent. Right infront of the co-driver seat (under the dash) found out a big box related to AC (Just guessed). Took out all the screwes which ever i could see. After that I could take out the motor by unplugging the cable (was pretty simple). The moment i took it out i was in a shock. Before telling what it was let me tell you what happened some days back.
I got a tissue box fron the shop (premier or something, dont remember). No one else uses my car other tham me. so i remember it was a new box filled with tissues. after few days i started to notice the tissues dissappearing. One day (did not use the car for 1 whole week) when I opened the door, I noticed that the tissue box was completely empty . I was shocked, and later forgot about what happened (did not bother to investigate).

Now the shock was -- complete bundle of tissues was in that AC chamber. the culpirt was freakin rats. I forgot to take the pictures. Man, one should see to believe it. I started to pull the tissues out of the chamber. Other than that i got more than half a Kg of newspapaers too.

Used Vaccum cleaned and took out all the dust paper etc etc and fixed the motor back. After that the Ac was as good as new. Nice smell, no sound. Was perfect.

Guys, give it a try once.
livyodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 01:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post

Now the shock was -- complete bundle of tissues was in that AC chamber. the culpirt was freakin rats. I forgot to take the pictures. Man, one should see to believe it. I started to pull the tissues out of the chamber. Other than that i got more than half a Kg of newspapaers too.

Guys, give it a try once.
Were the rats trying to clean your "A/C box" with the help of the tissues? And maybe while they were at it, they probably got bored - that should explain the newspapers!!

Sorry dude, I just couldn't resist! But I believe you. One really has to see to believe what gets trapped inside, especially in dusty conditions.

On a more serious note, you need to rat-proof your car - those critters can cause serious damage!
Old 13th July 2010, 13:54   #42

I own a Hyundai Santro GLS for over an year and half and I face this problem with the Air Conditioning Unit.

The cooling is normal when I run the car, but when I am stuck up in heavy traffic the AC is automatically turned to blower mode and it is suffocating inside.

I have approached the dealer (KUN HYUNDAI, Hyderabad) from whom I have purchased the car and the service guy tells me that it was the problem with the Actuator and he got it replaced (he said it was to cost me 8000 Rs and he had done it free because the car is in the warranty period). I have visited almost all the dealers in Hyderabad. One referred that this is a problem because I have replaced the factory fitted air filter with K&N filter, the other says that there is not enough gas and the other says it is normal and they clean the condenser that's it, but still the problem remains. Could anybody suggest a solution to this problem? thanks
Old 31st July 2010, 22:45   #43
BHPian

Back in the days when I had my Indica, I had the AC vents cleaned by my local car wash guy (lifts, water spray, soap, water spray). He removed the blower unit, cranked up his air compressor for max PSI and just hosed pressurised air through the blower vents. I couldn'dt believe the amount of dirt/leaves/twigs that came out from those vents. He did this twice. Next step was a close quarter pressure water wash of the condenser coils. Last step was a white petrol cleaning of the blower variable speed resistor. I was a very happy person that summer. Almost seemed like a AC rework. All for 100 Rs, couple of years ago.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:32   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Back in the days when I had my Indica, I had the AC vents cleaned by my local car wash guy (lifts, water spray, soap, water spray). He removed the blower unit, cranked up his air compressor for max PSI and just hosed pressurised air through the blower vents. I couldn'dt believe the amount of dirt/leaves/twigs that came out from those vents. He did this twice. Next step was a close quarter pressure water wash of the condenser coils. Last step was a white petrol cleaning of the blower variable speed resistor. I was a very happy person that summer. Almost seemed like a AC rework. All for 100 Rs, couple of years ago.

Well, I have been washing the condenser coils every week. There is definitely a big difference in the cooling, but the problem still remains.."Whenever I drive in heavy traffic (especially in the first gear and below 20kmph) the ac is turned in to blower mode". However, I will also tryout the other options as suggested by you.

Thanks,
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:11   #45
BHPian

ah- glad to see so many reading up this thread and sharing their own experiences. Well, I have completed around 200 cycles of cleaning to date, and must admit that's its very tough to be regular.As long as my family breathes easy in the car, Its worth all the effort.
ascertain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks