Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Blasphemy! On T-BHP!

There can certainly be love for machines, and gut-wrenches when they're damaged!
Yes, how can one not love the machine he not only owns but uses everyday? Is love limited to animate things?
Old 5th May 2009, 21:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine has a Lexus 470 which he bought some years ago. Never serviced the car inspite of me telling him several times. One fine day it refused to start. The odo read 30K kms.

It was towed to Lacozy. 6 cans of engine flush and the tray had lumps of coagulated oil that looked like grease.

A high detregent oil was put and he was asked to bring it back after 1500 kms. This time he did that. Oil was drained after treating again with flush. Fresh oil, filter etc., were put. lexus purring like a baby.

I wish I had owned it....sigh
Old 6th May 2009, 11:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
Yes, how can one not love the machine he not only owns but uses everyday? Is love limited to animate things?
Hey don't excommunicate me yet!
Let me explain.
I certainly love the machine I own, and would hate to see it treated badly, that would be like throwing away all my efforts and time etc.
But if I see another machine badly treated, it's obvious there have been no efforts put in by the owner, hence I don't feel any pangs.
I just want to scrap the machine since it only serves to pollute.

Now, do you still love me?

Last edited by filcord : 6th May 2009 at 11:14.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Hey don't excommunicate me yet!
Let me explain.
I certainly love the machine I own, and would hate to see it treated badly, that would be like throwing away all my efforts and time etc.
But if I see another machine badly treated, it's obvious there have been no efforts put in by the owner, hence I don't feel any pangs.
I just want to scrap the machine since it only serves to pollute.

Now, do you still love me?
Sure, and more so since you are not just a machine. And even more for your concern for the environment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks