Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:32   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options

OT question, Is it possible to have variable custom remaps?
The dash of Figo has 3 empty slots apart from rear defogger (with orange LED) where a comfort(green), speed(blue) and race(red) mode switches with colour LEDs can be installed.
Old 4th June 2014, 00:31   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Does it make sense to move to a. K'N filter for this engine with an Rd box in the mix? Or does the stock d filter do the trick with the box?
Running 24,000 Kms+ on remap with stock filter. I would suggest you to keep it stock, since K&N does allow more air at expense of dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
OT question, Is it possible to have variable custom remaps?
The dash of Figo has 3 empty slots apart from rear defogger (with orange LED) where a comfort(green), speed(blue) and race(red) mode switches with colour LEDs can be installed.
In remap you don't need multiple maps. The way you drive the car it behaves in same way. Drive in lower rpm, you have your eco mode and pedal to medal mode, you have plenty of power. 1.4 TDCi is very old mill, using it in any mode other than sport(remap) would cause engine to limp.
Old 11th June 2014, 13:36   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If one goes for a re-map or a tuning box, is it also advisable to change to synthetic oil? What happens if one does not? I'm asking because I've just got my Figo's engine oil changed in its 20K kms service. I did not go for synthetic this time.

I'm getting tempted for more power, but not sure whether to go for a re-map or a tuning box. One thing I've noticed is that in either case, more smoke belches out under hard acceleration. I am saying this after observing a few cars in Hyderabad.
Hi vnabhi, you can call up the T-O-T guys and fix an appointment. they travel across India and do remaps. There base is in Bangalore but they frequently travel to Hyderabad. Below are their numbers:
Vivek: 9900024137
Siddharth: 9900024134

I was very fed up with this mil, and had doubts even before buying it. It was the remap that came to my rescue, otherwise I hated driving my Fiesta classic 1.4 TDCI. In fact nowadays I do not recommend anybody to go for a Figo diesel or a Classic diesel, this motor just does not have it and it is not that all buyers can go and get their cars remapped.
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 11:35   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Hi vnabhi, you can call up the T-O-T guys and fix an appointment. they travel across India and do remaps. There base is in Bangalore but they frequently travel to Hyderabad. Below are their numbers:
Vivek: 9900024137
Siddharth: 9900024134

I was very fed up with this mil, and had doubts even before buying it. It was the remap that came to my rescue, otherwise I hated driving my Fiesta classic 1.4 TDCI. In fact nowadays I do not recommend anybody to go for a Figo diesel or a Classic diesel, this motor just does not have it and it is not that all buyers can go and get their cars remapped.
You can also try Code6 or Bay6 in Bangalore for remap. They are located here:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ma...23!2d12.902606
myshanks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:31   #185
BHPian

Hello Team

Got a tuning box with customized tuning by EngineCAL installed on my Vento TDi. Below is a link to my post giving the details. Hope it helps anyone looking at options for tuning their ride.

Regards
ASVA

Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3456779
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
I was very fed up with this mil, and had doubts even before buying it..
Have to agree with you, mate. It was a good motor-refined, smooth et al in the 2006 when it was introduced in India- now times have changed: Hyundai(1.4/1.6 crdi) and recently Polo 1.5 tdi have changed the rules of the game. Though, it's successor, the 1.5 tdci is the best in refinement levels.

You have an awesome chassis to play with, but an impotent engine ensures that you need to keep a hand on the gear rod. Quite a frustration indeed
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:16   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
You have an awesome chassis to play with, but an impotent engine ensures that you need to keep a hand on the gear rod. Quite a frustration indeed
This is true for the new Fiesta too. The power band is so small, from 2000 rpm to 2750 rpm. It screams at higher rpms and it is absolutely of no use to press it till 3000 rpm or higher while accelerating. At times on open highways this is very discouraging for a driving enthusiasts. I would never recommend a TDCI mill to a driving enthusiast ever, it badly needs a remap.
Old 25th September 2014, 13:22   #188
BHPian

Agree with amiya.c, I remapped the ECU of my classic (Tune O Tronics) when the ODO was at 20k Kms, now its at 24k, believe me 4k kms of bliss. 1800 to 3000 rpm, I am running out of roads. Booked the new fiesta since i am going to sell my classic in TN as i moved to KA. Once FORD, always FORD
Old 25th September 2014, 15:58   #189
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody on this forum tried a Code 6 re-map? They seem to be around 6 K cheaper than T-O-T. I don't remember reading any review of that so far.
Old 25th September 2014, 16:26   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Has anybody on this forum tried a Code 6 re-map? They seem to be around 6 K cheaper than T-O-T. I don't remember reading any review of that so far.
There are some cars running Code6 remap on here. One is my Swift VDI and the other is Mi10's Rapid. There are many cars running Code6 remap but not all is posted in here.

Btw a Fiesta (new global) which frequently went into limp mode after the Pete's remap and when Petes wasn't able to fix it after multiple remaps was fixed by the Code6 remap. The thread about that Fiesta is available on a different forum

Reviews:
Rapid
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...per-tonne.html

Swift
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-downpipe.html

Linea
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rship-log.html

Ritz
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tz-diesel.html

Last edited by Sankar : 25th September 2014 at 16:29.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 19:54   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, even being a ford fan still had to get convinced on classic by your reviews.. But looks like your love for her still holds you back from doing a re map.

But let me assure you sir, the re map makes her sprint like never before without taxing the engine since you know better that gearing and throttle combo helps us to get that thrill. Not just flooring the pedal
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 22:15   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Sir, even being a ford fan still had to get convinced on classic by your reviews.. But looks like your love for her still holds you back from doing a re map.

But let me assure you sir, the re map makes her sprint like never before without taxing the engine since you know better that gearing and throttle combo helps us to get that thrill. Not just flooring the pedal
Good to know that you got a Classic. By the way, my Fiesta is a petrol one, not a duratorq. It is the Figo tdci that I find under-powered, as I'm used to the fantastic pickup and driveability of the petrol 1.6 motor.
Old 25th September 2014, 22:25   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you got a Classic. By the way, my Fiesta is a petrol one, not a duratorq. It is the Figo tdci that I find under-powered, as I'm used to the fantastic pickup and driveability of the petrol 1.6 motor.
Err my mistake, missed it. Will a re mapped Figo give more surprises? Haven't felt it yet. Wish you report it
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 17:18   #194
BHPian

Hi.

Anyone interested in buying my 22 months old remapped Ford classic(titanium, sea grey) with TN registration. I had posted in the classifieds also but not every body scans it regularly so repeating here

Please send a PM

Mods if this is against posting rules please delete the same

Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 09:03   #195
BHPian

I'm in a dilemma whether to get my ride remapped or not. A few queries that I have in my right now:

i. I'm aware that in a remap the engine is untouched and only the ECU is altered. But will it have any long term adverse effects on the engine (or any other parts)?

ii. The car is just 7 months old with 7k on the ODO and is still under warranty. If the A.S.S finds out about the remap I'll lose warranty right?

iii. Anyone here got their Figo/Fiesta remapped by Code 6? In Gearheads forum there are a number of satisfied customers but not much news about them here.

iv. And the most important one. We all know that this mill is a gem for city drives and moderate highway cruising but when it comes to acceleration on highways, it loses its breath in no time. Will the remap make a considerable difference in this regard? I mean, will it be able to catch up with the MJD's and TDI's (atleast the stock ones) once remapped?

Most Viewed