Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 19:31   #16
BANNED

Nope i couldn't. Idea of this thread was to discuss the possibilities of the 1.4tdci mill before deciding about it. And unfortunately i had a bad accident on May 17th and i'm still recovering, my previous post was on May 13th.
Old 14th August 2009, 23:10   #17
oss
BHPian

Sorry to hear about that mate. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 14th February 2010, 21:07   #18

Tunning chip for ford fiesta 1.4 TDCI

hi i have bought TDC Power Box CR Diesel Tuning Chip FORD Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. any one has tried these chip and if yes wht is the performance will i get from it thxx and wht is the difference between pete tunning box and TDC power box

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (jus = just, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th February 2010 at 10:01. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:10   #19
oss
BHPian

[quote=kasadrohan;1732387]hi i have bought TDC Power Box CR Diesel Tuning Chip FORD Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. any one has tried these chip and if yes wht is the performance will i get from it thxx and wht is the difference between pete tunning box and TDC power box

quote]

How much you bought it for and how is the improvement in performance?
Old 15th February 2010, 22:25   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasadrohan View Post
hi i have bought TDC Power Box CR Diesel Tuning Chip FORD Fiesta 1.4 TDCI. any one has tried these chip and if yes wht is the performance will i get from it thxx and wht is the difference between pete tunning box and TDC power box
Hows the performance of your carwith the TDC Power Box? How much increse in BHP do they claim? Its like a Petes box, different manufacturer different name.
Old 25th April 2010, 22:25   #21
BHPian

[quote=oss;1734391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasadrohan View Post

quote]

How much you bought it for and how is the improvement in performance?

Please post your experience after fitting the tuning chip..
Old 6th May 2010, 15:17   #22
BHPian

Experts - I need your advice here..

I own a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and i am using it for past 3.5 years. I am happy customer of Ford so far..

Now, having driven around 60,000 KMS, i am planning to install some tunning box to add some driving pleasure..

I know we have Pete's. But Pete's for Fiesta is damn costly (44k Rs.) when compared with other cars. Same tuning box is available in Europe for around 20k Rs.

Is there any other option available for Fiesta 1.4 TDCi in India? Appreciate your feedback.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
3) Bosch and Siemens both are ECu vendors for this engine. Wonder which one the Ford here has tied up with.
Siemens. Siemens SID 804 to be precise.
Ford 1.4 TDCi Tuning Options-ecu-siemens.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Experts - I need your advice here..

I own a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi and i am using it for past 3.5 years. I am happy customer of Ford so far..

Now, having driven around 60,000 KMS, i am planning to install some tunning box to add some driving pleasure..

I know we have Pete's. But Pete's for Fiesta is damn costly (44k Rs.) when compared with other cars. Same tuning box is available in Europe for around 20k Rs.

Is there any other option available for Fiesta 1.4 TDCi in India? Appreciate your feedback.
No other option I guess. Get it from the ebay UK, costs only 80-90GBP. I wanted to buy one for my Ikon but have put it on hold as my mom drives the car. Will get one sometime, not sure when.
Chiptuning Diesel performance box Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI on eBay (end time 19-May-10 14:50:53 BST)
FORD DIESEL PERFORMANCE TUNING CHIP FIESTA 1.4 TDCI on eBay (end time 13-May-10 20:27:43 BST)
Old 6th May 2010, 15:54   #24
BHPian

Thanks Proxima.. Let me have a check on the items you pointed out..
Old 6th May 2010, 16:11   #25
BHPian

Make sure that the buyers that you buy from on eBay are reputed ones. The number of items they have sold will reflect next to their names. Also, go through the feedback that past buyers have left for the seller. Try contacting some buyers with an eBay message, I did this and got positive reviews.

You need to have someone in Europe as shipping to India will take too long plus you have customs issues.

I did a lot of research on this and decided to wait since I don't drive the car most of the time! 90 GBP works out to less than 7k INR so it is certainly a gamble worth taking in my books.

Last edited by Proxima : 6th May 2010 at 16:13.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Why is the petes chip for the fiesta so costly compared to those for other cars. Any particular reason??!!
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:25   #27
BHPian

Found what appears to be a decent chip tuning solution for the Ford 1.4 TDCi by a company in the UK. The claim is that the product Pro-bitz is ISO 9001 compliant and comes with a 5 year warranty. Hoping to get one myself someday.

Pro-bitz Performance Tuning Chip Box (link to highly ranked reseller of product on Ebay UK)
Company site: http://www.pro-bitz.com/
PS: 69 -> 83
Torque: 160 -> 200

Price: GBP 95.00 ~ Rs. 7000 max (with delivery in the UK)
Return Policy: 30 day money back return scheme

Last edited by commodore : 3rd December 2010 at 05:28.
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:54   #28
BANNED

My TDCi plans got shattered last year, but still nice to see this thread alive.

The PDF file below is a nice article regarding the Ford TDCi engine tuning, from their 1.4 liter Diesel to 2.2 liter Diesel.

FAF267diesel.pdf
Link courtsey Keshav.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:01   #29
BHPian

HI All, Just saw this thread and wanted to let you guys know. Ikon's TDCi engine will produce more pickup just by putting on the silencer kit from a fiesta. It might sound strange but people at Ford have increased the back pressure and installed more filters in its silencer just to reduce the power and the mileage of that engine. When ikon was first tested with fiesta's engine and Kit, the pickup and the mileage increased by a lot.
Iam not sure if this would work, will sure have a word with my cousin on this and will keep posted.
ramharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
My TDCi plans got shattered last year, but still nice to see this thread alive.
Considering you did all that research in the beginning i thought you would be running a remap at the very least.. so what happened?

Quote:
Attachment 463422
Link courtsey Keshav.
fiesta 1.4 tdCi - 70bhp
Re-map (bhp) - 80-90
Exhaust and air filter (bhp) - 90-95
Intercooler (bhp) - 100-110
Turbo (bhp) - 110-150

You kidding me!?! These mods can generate more than twice the original BHP of the 1.4TDCi! Incredible..

Most Viewed