Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 13:12   #1
BHPian

Indica Turbo DLX Second Free Service

It has been an year since I purchased my Indica V2 TCIC Diesel. I've driven 7000 kms and the second free service is due in a few weeks. Can you guys let me know what do I need to check at the service station? I got this from Concorde, Bangalore.

Air filter, Oil filter, Oil - Does any of these need to be changed?

Well, I don't typically bother anything about my car and just use it for home-office-home and an occasional long drive outside Bangalore. And, touchwood, there has not been any problems so far. My car has served me with no irritants at all.

So my question basically is - should I focus specifically on anything at the service center?

(Note: I've searched-read other threads and haven't found anything specific to the first year-end service. Most of the service details are after 50k or 100K (omg) mileage)

Last edited by GenuineOptimist : 14th May 2009 at 13:17.
Old 14th May 2009, 13:21   #2
BHPian

Air filter doesn't have to be changed, oil and oil filter have to be. Contrary to popular perception, home-office home is far more taxing on your car than high speed highway driving. Otherwise there's really nothing to get bothered about.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

if they let you use your own oil, try buying 6 L of Mobil Delvac MX from outside. Its better oil, and still a few hundred rupees cheaper than the Castrol GTD crap that they use, at the rates they bill you for it

And I thought my indica was low mileage

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th May 2009 at 17:30.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:38   #4
BHPian

Dear Genuine,

Please focus on the issues which you feel while driving. This is the time to be very specific about small noises & small deviations, as they say a stitch in time save nine.
Abhi to A.S.S will say "nothing major" but later on this minor can turn to major to ensure that all minors are absolutely taken care of.

& i agree with teknophobia, home office home is more taxing on vehicle in heave traffic then simple zooming ride on highway
Old 14th May 2009, 17:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
if they let you use your own oil, try buying 6 L of Mobil Delvac MX from outside.
I spoke with Concorde and they said Oil is their choice. :(
Does anyone have a tentative bill amount for II free service?

Also, I need to get my rear wiper replaced. Hope they don't charge me a bomb for the supposedly labour only free service.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Dear Genuine,

Please focus on the issues which you feel while driving. This is the time to be very specific about small noises & small deviations,
I don't know if there any small noises or deviations. I don't have a great ear or a feel for such things. :(

All I can feel is that the gear box & the clutch isn't as smooth as it used to be. I know they'll lubricate both and will become smooth again. Apart from these I don't have any issues.

Thanks for the reply and I'll try to listen up for 'deviations' in the next coupla days.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

in that case , see if you can get them to use mobil super 1000, or castrol GTX Diesel
Old 14th May 2009, 18:31   #8
BHPian

They have stopped using Castrol GTD, now it's only Castrol GTX D . The second free service should cost around 2k at the most.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

some TASC's are cheaper than the others, and I dont mean in a good way
Old 15th May 2009, 09:51   #10
BHPian

Castrol GTD, HP Milcy

I just saw the service booklet.

Oil 'recommended' by Tata is Castrol GTD 15W/40. So why are the others asking me to go for something else. If Tata recommends this, then it must be sufficient right?

Top-up of fluids will be done for transaxle oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant etc. Will they charge me for this as well?

And what is this 'fuel filter element'.. the service booklet says this has to be replaced at 1yr/10k km along with oil and oil filter.

My service frequency is as follows:
2nd free: 1 yr or 10,000 km
3rd free: 2 yr or 20,000 km
4th free: 3 yr or 30,000 km

So practically I'll be doing it once a year. Is this sufficient? I've heard of people doing it every 6 months..
Old 15th May 2009, 10:05   #11
BHPian

Get a paid service/ engine oil change done after 6 months, it's very reasonable and worth it. They'll charge you about 2.2k including labour/parts. I have gone through three services till date and they have not yet charged me for top up of fluids other than engine oil.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist View Post
Oil 'recommended' by Tata is Castrol GTD 15W/40. So why are the others asking me to go for something else. If Tata recommends this, then it must be sufficient right?
I take my chances with the manufacturer and so accept what the service centre offers me. Mostly it is the GTD.

Quote:
Top-up of fluids will be done for transaxle oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant etc. Will they charge me for this as well?
Usually these don't need much of topups, as per my experience. But in case there are topups, they would be charged.

Quote:
And what is this 'fuel filter element'.. the service booklet says this has to be replaced at 1yr/10k km along with oil and oil filter.
That is the diesel filter that filters the diesel fuel. The change is once every 10000kms.

Quote:
My service frequency is as follows:
2nd free: 1 yr or 10,000 km
3rd free: 2 yr or 20,000 km
4th free: 3 yr or 30,000 km

So practically I'll be doing it once a year. Is this sufficient? I've heard of people doing it every 6 months..
That entirely depends on the person. If you run the 10000kms before the one year is up, you have to do the service else you can wait for the year to go for your next service.

I go by the books and follow the service schedule. Others do get extra services as they feel that it is better for the car.

The final call is up to you. But see that you at least follow whatever your service schedule says to maintain warranty of your car.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:01   #13
BHPian

Concorde

Concorde service guy told me that it will cost about Rs. 1800/- for 5.5L of Castrol engine oil.. Whatever is filled for all vehicles that day will be used for mine too.. GTX, GTD, CH he doesn't know. What a pathetic attitude towards customers and their cars..

If at all they are serious about service, they should give lesser price than the market for engine oil since they buy in bulk, not fleece us like this.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Concorde service guy told me that it will cost about Rs. 1800/- for 5.5L of Castrol engine oil.. Whatever is filled for all vehicles that day will be used for mine too.. GTX, GTD, CH he doesn't know. What a pathetic attitude towards customers and their cars..
The last service I did was in November 2008. Castrol GTD 5.5 litres was 1145 inclusive of taxes. Prices may have gone up. The service guy essentially does not have much control over the brands that the service centres tend to use and they may have only one brand at a time. A service guy necessarily may not know enough about the grade / classification of the oil.

Quote:
If at all they are serious about service, they should give lesser price than the market for engine oil since they buy in bulk, not fleece us like this.
They have their own costing and profits to consider! After all it is a business.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Rs 1800/- is for the second service all put together. The oil will cost you somewhere between Rs-800~900 only.

BTW if you are comfortable giving your car for service in East Bangalore, I would recommend you to go to Emm Emm Motors,(Tata Authorized Service Station) on the banaswadi~Horamavu Ringroad.
They are little cheaper than Concorde and do a good job compared to those arrogant good for nothing guys at the BIG Authorized service Stations.

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 18th May 2009 at 14:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks