Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2005, 21:48   #16
BHPian

yes they are doing it for free but they are going to take 2 months to get it.... Anyways i will ping him...

Thanks!!!
Old 30th June 2005, 22:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

I wish you'd given a more creative title to this thread. As it turns out, there are plenty of people to respond to titles like "I outran the Fiat-Adventure doing 150ks" or "Hindujas+Fiat" or any 'Which Car' request.

The silence on this thread is deafening on a forum that's got more Fiat threads in a month than the cars that they sell.

GUYS PLEASE HELP THIS GENTLEMAN OUT IF YOU CAN! I'M SURE THEY HAVE FUEL PUMPS SOMEWHERE.

Old 30th June 2005, 23:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you directly walk to the manager of the Anuroop service and talk to him directly. From my experiance, he is very co-operative and will assist you in whatever way you.

Somewhere in this forum I read a name Niki Desai, some sales manager at Fiat India. Once I went to the manager and told him if he can't source a certain part, I can directly call Niki Desai and talk to him. That sure took the effect.
Old 1st July 2005, 03:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

i dont think the problem is with the pump,because then if would give u problems continously.even my uncles 1.6 palio had a similar problem(the injectors were clogged).

1:it is a certain posibility that diesel injectors may be cloged.try getting them cleaned.

2:also u can reset the ecu by First idiling the car and bringing it to running temp.then shut down that car and remove the +ve terminal of the battery and replace it after 10 mins the ECU should reset.in the diesel palio there is no ECU to control the ignition etc but it has a electronically operated accelerator and this electronic chip may be at fault.try telling the delearship to sort this.
Old 1st July 2005, 11:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

try everything merve_extreme has suggested. also, post the question to paliousersindia yahoo group. there are many palio diesel users there in that group and there is a possibliity that they might have had the problem that you are having right now. maybe there is a workaround there. if everything fails and the problem is still with the fuel pump, try asking your dealer to expedite the delivery of the part. if the dealer is not doing so, there are always these two ids which will do:
niki.desai@fiat.com
marius.d'lima@fiat.com

I have found marius d'lima to be very responsive. almost all the times i have interacted with him, i have recieved a reply within a day; sometimes within an hour. niki deasi also is responsive.

all the best to you. hope your problem gets solved soon.
Old 1st July 2005, 11:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Try few more e-mail IDs : rajesh.uplanchi@fiat.com; anil.dhupkar@fiat.com

They are sales folks, but they can at least redirect your query to proper person. The more noise you make, better are the chances that your query will get resolved. Dealer might be taking his sweet time to sort your problem, but better would be you put pressure through Fiat folks. Niki Desai is quite responsive as well.
Old 1st July 2005, 11:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
Its gud that FIAT said they will replace..they are improving!
Fiat India says so many things. e.g. They'll get the website up in 2 weeks/months. And they said that 8 months back. They are not doing any favour to Rodeo by replacing faulty equipment.
Old 1st July 2005, 13:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The silence on this thread is deafening on a forum that's got more Fiat threads in a month than the cars that they sell.
Quote:
Fiat India says so many things. e.g. They'll get the website up in 2 weeks/months. And they said that 8 months back.
Steeroid, RX135, try posting some of the pitfalls of going for a Fiat product, and you will find yourself in the middle of a storm. Hundreads of people are reading and appreciating fully-loaded petras; posts like "when compared to Japanese and Korean cars, an advanced automobile like the Palio..." are abundent here. Team-BHP is teeming with Enthusiasts, yet this is whats happening when it comes to business.

I have no intention to flame anyone, but the posts (of email IDs) pointing to an A S S that is a bit like that of Rolls Royce, in Hong Kong. It is said that the customers know the support people by their first names. and the support guys even know the names of the pet dogs of their customers..

(the intentions of the posts here are well appreciated, pl. note; I am not blackwashing them...)

Rodeo, I am sorry to say this; soon you will find the fingers pointed at you for your Palio's troubles. The enthusiasts will ask you questions like whether you drove the car madly, let any kid to drive your car, " did you put kerosene in the tank accidentally? otherwise a Palio shoud not shudder..."
Old 1st July 2005, 13:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Sandeepmdas, I understand what you are referring to, but I drive a Fiat car myself The e-mail IDs are posted because they seem to work. There are times, when contacting Fiat people, seem to put pressure on the dealer. Personally, I find 2 month wait for Fuel pump ridiculous.
Old 1st July 2005, 16:33   #25
BANNED

Pitfalls only for FIAT cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
Steeroid, RX135, try posting some of the pitfalls of going for a Fiat product, and you will find yourself in the middle of a storm. Hundreads of people are reading and appreciating fully-loaded petras; posts like "when compared to Japanese and Korean cars, an "

Atleast FIAT cars dont kill you..cant say same abt Zen or 800 or Santro.

U guys are making a noise of a single incident where one of the diesel palio got a trouble. Everyone out there knows that Palio have less troubles..but its poor ASS is a let down. Otherwise it would not have survived till now with a very weak service back up.

If you believe that suzuki or Hyundai or tata cars do not give any trouble..please have a look at their ASS. But those things wont come up in a forum like this..because of strange reasons!!

I know there are lot of guys out there who wants FIAT to die..but..here is the latest on FIAT

International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) and Fiat SpA (FIA) announced Thursday a nine-year agreement by which IBM will handle around EUR1.7 billion of the carmaker's information technology activities

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...34306732CEC0%7D

So FIAT will be there for another NINE years!

Last edited by hasopi : 1st July 2005 at 16:50. Reason: more info
Old 1st July 2005, 23:06   #26
BHPian

The service centre has confirmed that the problem has popped up in 50+ cars and its definetly problem with fuel pump...

I was is UK last week and apparently they had called the car to the service centre and collected some data about the car by attaching a computer to it and said it will take another 1 month to get the pump... My driver informed me today...
Old 1st July 2005, 23:26   #27
BHPian

For sure i know Palio is not a troublefree car... i hv 3 of my friends who hv Petrol Palio and facing problems...
One of them hv Starting problem with his Palio NV and its not resolved even after 2 services...
One of the friend's Petrol Palio has the same problem with Fuel injection and it costed him 12k to get it fixed...
And third friend has got one of the initial Palio and he had to spend 35k on his car after 65000kms... dont know exacly what went wrong as he is not a close friend of mine...

I do agee Palio is much better car than other small car as i hv owned 800, Santro, Zen,Indica V2... but that does not mean its a touble free car...

Even in my car i hv a major problem with headlights.... i need to get a bulb change almost every month and its not the same bulb which is getting fused its always a different bulb... To my surprise after the first rain i hv seen moisture in my both headlamps... this problem i had faced before also but it was replaced in warranty but what now... i cant get both my headlights changed because of moisture..

It has got a much smoother engine than Lancer but still being so technically advance ( Fly by wire) i dont see a major difference in power and its not as fuel efficient as Lancer even being much lighter than it.

The most trouble free car i found was Zen but its no fun to drive and would still prefer Palio over it...

Last edited by Rodeo : 1st July 2005 at 23:33.
Old 24th December 2010, 13:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Palio 1.9D Fuel injection problem

Reviving this thread again since I seem to have similar issue.

I did see water in fuel filter indicator flashing a few times while driving - that happened some 2-3 weeks back. I havent seen this symptoms again after that / so far.

Another week or so, and my wife complained about symptoms similar to fuel pump issues - She never noticed the indicators on the dashboard though - she kept the car back. I started the car next morning and it was all fine.

I was recollecting where did I get the fuel last (it was IOC - HSR Layout) - I used to get Shell but for last 2 years, I'm going with IOC OuterRingRoad (close to Bellandur Jn).

I thought there may be an issue with the fuel I got filled last. I experienced the issue one morening - the red inidcator on left (i guess engine check!!) kept ON even after other indicators went OFF. I tried a couple ignition and it stays ON. my idle RPMs are now at around 1300 which should be little less than 1K (~900-950 normal!!). So, something is wrong.
I moved slowly and now I know what my wife was complainig about. The car doesnt move smooth but kind of gives jerks. Accelerator doesnt give instant response and car keeps giving jerks - I wanted to get it to FuelStation (@~7 in the morning) so that I can full tank (its almost empty then). It was a bit difficult to drive in that situation. If I try to push the gas paddle harder in 3rd gear, I noticed it leaves black smoke behiend - so moved sloly in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I reached ORR IOC FuleStation and stopped the car, the filling station guy asked me to move to the next pump - I switched on the ignition and this time the engine check light went OFF as normal - started just fine - no jerks - got the full tank and moved on.

I do listen to the engine every time I start in the morning, recently I have started observing that the sound of the engine is not smooth and uniform.

This is Palio 1.9D bought in November 2005. I have her at 47K KMs on the odo right now.
I havent gone to any service station other than GreenTrack so far and havnt faced any other issues during these 47K so far.
Can someone tell me how do I confirm if this is FIP and if its the same FIP issue, what are the options I have with me at this point in time?

Last edited by Ketan : 24th December 2010 at 13:58.
Old 27th December 2010, 12:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Any suggestions on this^^!
Old 10th January 2011, 17:40   #30
BHPian

Dear ketan
This is an inherent problem with high pressure Delphi FIP used in Palio D.
of late,I am facing this problem as well . My car is 2004 model and has done 65000KM.

If the electronic unit is not able to locate rotor sensor of FIP, this problem occurs.
Should be able to get the problem identified with an Electronic analyzer.
But the solution looks really painful. You need to send the pump to mumbai by courier for rectification and get it back by courier service. Only one chap in Mumbai has this equipment. It could be a 30 day project costing 25000- 35000 rupees.

One month and money is holding me back. Fortunately, the problem is sporadic.

I go to Prerana Motors in Hosur road.
Do let me know if you want to know more on this problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks