Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 08:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Conrnering speed of a Skoda Octavia vRS in comparison with a Honda Civic with Kon

The VRS is a heavy car, compared to a Civic, so getting all that mass to change direction fast & hard is not going to be easy without some major mods. Just Newtons laws at work!
Old 13th April 2012, 10:07   #32
BHPian

Re: Conrnering speed of a Skoda Octavia vRS in comparison with a Honda Civic with Kon

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
i cant help it. every single time, i get something done to my car, or someone says something good about my car, this guy has to put it down, saying a stock RS is better than my car.

recently we were talking about RS alloys, and i personally like the design a lot. and this guy out of the blue says "yes they are very good alloys, better than lenso's" referring to my car's lenso samurai's.

and he was also comparing them both saying that the civic needs a good exhaust to sound good, but the RS sounds amazing without anything.

Sorry for a long rant, i know that all this sounds nuts. I drove an RS and simply loved the performance. but there were none available when i wanted to buy it. So i went in for the civic and am thoroughly happy with my decision.

Oh btw one more thing. the guy in question does not even own an RS. He drives an accent. The RS belongs to his friend in Hyderabad, whom he went to visit for a few days. He is planning on picking up a second hand RS, if he gets a good deal.

Get your car and his car to a track and rip them. 190 on normal roads is a bad thing. A small imperfection or a gust of wind can put experienced drivers in a frenzy. 190 in a civic or a Vrs could be possible but hopefully you have the safety features for roll over etc.
Old 13th April 2012, 10:22   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
I dont intend to make this into a civic vs RS thread. wanted to know because my friend started putting my civic down saying that his friends RS took a turn at hi speeds without any tire squeal or stepping out of line, which i find really hard to believe.

Thanks

MOD NOTE: POST EDITED
TeamBhp does not encourage street racing or dangerous driving
This thread has taken me by surprise. My friend, Life is very precious, and request you to no to get carried away by things like your 'friend' said your 'cant'. Even if you prove him wrong, Your life wont change for better, but you have a lot to loose in case of any mishap trying these stunts. All The Best.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 10:56   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Team-BHP encourages safe driving practices and specifically forbids references to street racing, which this thread has the potential to encourage. Thread closed.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks