Team-BHP - How to remove unwanted paint?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   How to remove unwanted paint? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/5905-how-remove-unwanted-paint.html)

The next-door building was being painted, and the jackasses didn't tell me to move my car, so my black Lancer now has white specks of paint all over it.

Can someone suggest the best way to get it all off without any damage? The paint is all over the glass too.

I'm guessing a good old fashioned polish and buffing should do the job, but if someone has a better idea then i'd appreciate it.

Would also like suggestions on what make and colour of paint to use when I take a whole can of it and empty it all over the contractor's car.

Thanks

Which paint. Distemper, Lime based stuff or enamel? the way to remove is different for all. As for "chuna paint" its not to difficult, water with detergent and hard jet will remove it. Dont use cloth as it will scratch. For enamel you have to use thinner which is effectively spirit but i am not soo sure about the damage it may cause to your car. For distemper the chuna method will work and you can use petrol too.

Water and soap isn't working. I'm guess its going to need some solution like petrol, but I don't want to damage my car paint.

It's better you take this to some professional. Don't try liquids that you're not sure about, it could end up making the problem even bigger.

Shan2nu

hey dude
i have the same problem on my car and the mech told me to get it polished. My car is a black esteem and it has white spots because of the painting done nearby

DUde, i had the same crap happen to me, when my car was 2 days old!!!!!
Not my present ride, but my matiz.
anyway, what was worse is that they were painiting my upstairs neighbours window grill
and when i got home my car looked like a cheetah!
and my face was not too prety either

Anyway, i rushed it to the dealer the next day and has hiome polish & buff it out.
I suggest you get it done pro, 3M works best. In this case a polish with a rubbing compound would help, but dont do it on a regular basis
Cheers
Hrisheet

Diesel can do the trick.. it will remove it.. have many times used diesel to remove grease.. on my car.. try diesel..

What about using a rubbing compound ??? Am not too sure but i think even that can be used. Although too much use may scratch the original paint, me thinks.

Dude, be careful, Both petrol & diesel being solvents will do the trick,
But they will also help kill the gloss as well.
so use with great care

Dont use rubbing polish or any other cutting compund! Get it to a professional care care centre and get it done by them. Even dealers some times resort to using cutting compounds some times!

i do paint jobs at my workshop n this happens once in a while 3m perfect 3 rubbing solution use it, u wont have to worry again

Hi,

Just try it with waxpol rubbing compound , you may get results. Infact I removed the paint deposits by other cars on rear view mirror.

Try it, it won't cost you much.

Regards

Don't know about the cure, but I see no one responded to part 2 of your question. My suggestion is to introduce the contractor to the business end of a rather heavy baseball bat. To sully his car would be to stoop too low.

i am being explicit here...but the situation demands it.... sorry:

how about shoving an umbrella ( old pointy one..) into d contractors a** and tell him to pay for the damage...and a nice glass job on his car would definately release your tension.... ;)

i am again sorry for being explicit

Guys,
our building was also undergoing some restoration work and now there are black spots, white spots, cement spots and some other brown stuff (which when you try to remove, the paint gets scratched - therefore there are loads of scratches) and varnish on our cars and windsheild.
While we plan to give it to TPC3 to remove the spots on the body once we shift to our old house, what can we do during the monsoons to remove them from the windsheilds?
Also will TPC3 undertake such a responsibility?