Team-BHP - Problem with my ikon : RPM rising when clutch is pressed down
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Problem with my ikon : RPM rising when clutch is pressed down (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/59444-problem-my-ikon-rpm-rising-when-clutch-pressed-down.html)

Car : Ford Ikon 1.6 Sxi(nxt) 2003 , done 25000Kms

Noticed this problem my ikon .... when in 1st gear , when i start to move forward (say slowly in bumper to bumper traffic) with the clutch not fully released (as speed doesn't permit) ... the RPM needle oscillates slighty.

It happens at low revvs , say, between 900-1000 or 1000-1100 ... not noticable at higher revvs.

While this oscillation happens , you can feel it in the car ... moves forward with periodic resistance from the engine . Minute , but noticable.

History : Car was serviced about 10 days ago ... Injector cleaning was due at service ... did not get it done as i did not have the money that day ... Is this the problem ???

Also noticed that the engine , is not as smooth as it used to be if i let it roll in gear with the rpm falling below 1500 ... Not a major hassle , just comparing it to what it used to be like.

Also please tell me if there is a good workshop in south delhi where i can get Wheel alignment done + maybe the injector cleaning ... future spark plug replacements etc. or should i stick with Ford.

harpreet Ford , where i got the car serviced , did not have the required 'weights' to do the alignment job and the alignment is off so i need to get that done ASAP.

Thanks !!

Could it be that your clutch is due for a replacement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero (Post 415389)
Also please tell me if there is a good workshop in south delhi where i can get Wheel alignment done + maybe the injector cleaning ... future spark plug replacements etc. or should i stick with Ford.

Wheel alignment & balancing - Woodland Meadows in Green Park, Uphaar cinema market, opposite the Honda showroom.

Don't know about the rest of the stuff, better to stick to Harpreet Ford I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pankaj401 (Post 415461)
Could it be that your clutch is due for a replacement?

Guys at harpreet ford didn't mention anything about the clutch ... I'll have it specifically checked again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 415466)
Wheel alignment & balancing - Woodland Meadows in Green Park, Uphaar cinema market, opposite the Honda showroom.

Don't know about the rest of the stuff, better to stick to Harpreet Ford I think.

K ... had heard about a workshop in Green Park .... may be this is the one ... pretty close to my place ... Thanks suman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiero (Post 415584)
Guys at harpreet ford didn't mention anything about the clutch ... I'll have it specifically checked again.

I don't think there could be any possibility of a clutch packing up at 25k but no harm in getting it checked out when you are there next........

(By the way, Woodlands Meadows is a tyre dealer not a regular workshop)

For injector cleaning, use Sonax Injector cleaner, or Iftex System G which is available at most Bharat Petroleum outlets.

I use Iftex System G in my esteem and the power delivery is smooth and without any trace of knocking.

Use half a bottle of Sonax with a full tank of gas (once every 5000 kms only) while System G can be used regularly @ 1ml per liter of petrol.

Hey Buddy, just try disconnecting the battery positive terminal and keep disconnected for 10-15 mins. Then connect back on and drive.

I may sound pretty funny on this, but I think this will work. If it does, I can tell you why you noticed this after your service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 415944)
Hey Buddy, just try disconnecting the battery positive terminal and keep disconnected for 10-15 mins. Then connect back on and drive.

I may sound pretty funny on this, but I think this will work. If it does, I can tell you why you noticed this after your service.

@1100D : Is it something to do with the battery?
I notice on my Pulsar that when the battery is weak, the RPM meter keeps fluctuating when i use indicators or the horn. I may be wrong here, or even sound stupid. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 415944)

Bingo! This basically resets the ECU. The ECU should have data in it of a heavy foot driver which automatically refers to the Ford people while the car was with them. I do this ECU Reset every time I recieve the car from Ford..

-Absar

ok . will try ... thanks guys !!

Its actually because of the 3M throttle body cleaner they (Ford guys) use. Each time you give them the car for service, they spray this thing and this actually alters the engine parameter readings and the engine sort of hunts.

Anyway I think my foot's heavier than the feet of the Ford mechanics!

However Fiero try it out and let me know.

Hello experts,

Of late, i have been facing this issue with my ikon 1.3 flair. The rpm shoots up when I press the clutch down. Also found that this happens usually when i am driving slow. To add to my woes, this does not happen everytime. I have taken it twice to the ford service centre. Unfortunately this problem didn't show up when i took the vehicle to the service station :Frustrati. This problem has been frustrating me what with all the growling when the rpm shoots up. I just got the vehicle after service yesterday and today its back to the same problem. The did clean the A/C valve of carbon deposits yesterday but it has been of no help. What should I do? Need to fix this issue by this weekend as I am planning on a road trip to coimbatore next week. Please help.

Check the Vacuum lines on Inlet manifold and get TB checked. The TPS sensor.
Also check if resetting ECM works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman91 (Post 1323491)
Check the Vacuum lines on Inlet manifold and get TB checked. The TPS sensor.
Also check if resetting ECM works.

Hello iceman91,

Inlet manifold checked. Found ok.

Connected IDS and checked IAC. Found ok. ( I don't know what this means, its written so in the customer information sheet).