Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 08:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Strange sounds at high speeds

In a recent highway trip have come across a strange sound "krrkkk" in my Swift, whenever I encounter road surface levels with a very minute difference. This surface level differences will be obvious when you hit the newly paved roads as the level of the new road will be 1/2 inch higher. Not sure whether this comes from the front or rear of the car, but surfaces only at speeds over 80 kmph. Couple of times, this noise has even come, when I press the brake pedal softly. In a 1500+ kms trip have come across such noises about half a dozen times, hence this problem comes intermediately

Took it a nearby service station & was told that probably this sound is from front suspension. He added that due to regular city drives the suspension set up would have been limited to certain play, when these were tested at high speeds after a longer duration, such sound will come for first few times. There is no any direct answer for similar sounds when brake pedal is pressed (but this has come only for couple of times)

When you hit such level difference at high speeds (100-110 kmph) the noise is higher & once when I hit the brake (softly) at 100 kmph was really scared on the noise for the first time

Anyone else faced a similar problem?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks