Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 11:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Does this sound happen when you shift the gears? or when you press/release the clutch ?
This happens only when I shift the gear and specifically to the 4th gear. The sound is not there if I shift smoothly, but when I try to shift gears quickly the creak sound in the 4th gear scares me to hell! :(

Quote:
I somehow doubt they have remapped the ecu. More like just reset it - would be my guess.

cya
R
I beleive it was a reset! Yet, I would get it checked!
Old 21st August 2009, 17:57   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
This happens only when I shift the gear and specifically to the 4th gear. The sound is not there if I shift smoothly, but when I try to shift gears quickly the creak sound in the 4th gear scares me to hell! :(
Let me rephrase,

I'm trying to figure out if your sound is coming from the act of shifting the gear lever itself (ie gearbox or lever assembly), or from pressing and releasing the clutch (clutch, clutch cable, maybe even a slipping engine belt etc).

I have noticed a similar sound on my fiesta, however it only comes rarely when i quick-shift around second or third. I think it is clutch-release related, though you seem to only have the problem in 4th?

cya
R

PS - Aditya had mentioned to me that this could have something to do with the cars timing belt?? Any more views on this guys?
Old 21st August 2009, 20:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me rephrase,

I'm trying to figure out if your sound is coming from the act of shifting the gear lever itself (ie gearbox or lever assembly), or from pressing and releasing the clutch (clutch, clutch cable, maybe even a slipping engine belt etc).

I have noticed a similar sound on my fiesta, however it only comes rarely when i quick-shift around second or third. I think it is clutch-release related, though you seem to only have the problem in 4th?

cya
R

PS - Aditya had mentioned to me that this could have something to do with the cars timing belt?? Any more views on this guys?
Thanks Rehaan!

The sound is heard when I do the quick shift and I feel the sound coming from the lever getting slotted into 4th gear with that rough noise and I could even feel slight vibration on the lever.
Old 13th November 2009, 19:24   #49
BHPian

@anachronix: Has the gear shifting noise gone away? I too hear some noise in my 1.6S during shifts in the lower gear. (0-1, 2-3) also the lever feels obstructed and requires some force to slot in even though I depress th clutch completely.
Old 13th November 2009, 19:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Govinda, the issue looks temporarily resolved!

A bit of lubrication done and also realignment of the gears done! The noise hasnt reoccured for the past couple of weeks!

Do you find the gears to be notchy as well!?
Old 13th November 2009, 19:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

I got my car only a couple of days back. The gear shifts have been smooth till now. I'll keep a lookout for any noise.

Where do I get System G? Is it available only in BP outlets?

Most Viewed