Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 20:40   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
@luky 13 ABS failure on a new car,that is indeed scary.How did you realise that the ABS had failed?Is there a check light of sorts or our wheels locked up during hard braking?
The 'Check ABS' message displayed on the central console along with a beep, the braking was normal but the wheels did lock up on hard braking. Eventually the service station found out that the front right wheel ABS cable was loose. They reconnected it and i was out of there in 5 mins, no problem thereafter.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:45   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup_sh View Post
After good things, some very good things now. I took my Linea to first long route ride to my native place in Himachal Pradesh. I.
I hope the route you took is from UNA to HAMIRPUR ( only part which is under construction ) and seeing the damage, i must say you were lucky to come out more or less scratch free and without any issues. Has you got your wheel balancing checked after that .

On a different note, Pleasantly surprised to see some good words about TATA / FIAT dealer ship from a linea owner. looks like FIAT / TATA are learning fast .
Old 7th September 2010, 00:00   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
7. Strut pads, squeaking - replaced
did the noise come when you used to turn the steering or over bumps?
Old 7th September 2010, 07:55   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
did the noise come when you used to turn the steering or over bumps?
The noise was kind of grinding and squeaking while turning the steering end to end.
Old 8th September 2010, 20:24   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
The noise was kind of grinding and squeaking while turning the steering end to end.
I have got the same problem in my car , will get it rectified in the next service.
BTW how much do these cost or do they come under warranty?
Old 8th September 2010, 20:38   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
I have got the same problem in my car , will get it rectified in the next service.
BTW how much do these cost or do they come under warranty?
Everything till date has been covered under warranty, i have not paid a single penny. Take it to the service station and point out the issue, this is quite common they will change the strut pads.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:35   #187
evo
BHPian

The front passenger door handle is a little hard. I can perhaps send it over to the service station to get that rectified. However, sending a week old car to the A.S.S somehow doesnt appeal to me.
Old 9th September 2010, 00:00   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
The front passenger door handle is a little hard. I can perhaps send it over to the service station to get that rectified. However, sending a week old car to the A.S.S somehow doesnt appeal to me.
Welcome to the club buddy , i have sent my car to the service station God knows how many times!
but alls well as she gives me decent avg and turns heads
Old 25th April 2011, 20:19   #189

re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

I have an Emotions Pack diesel Linea since April 2010 and which has clocked almost 23 K now. I have really enjoyed my time with Linea so far. However there is one issue that I wanted to discuss in this forum. It is about Linea's head lamps. I found them insufficient even on high beam and especially on (Indian) highways. I have tried talking to other Linea owners during my visit to service workshops but did not get any conclusive response on it. On the other hand Linea guy from Pune, Mr. Anand, who was in Techno workshop in Nazafgarh Delhi in relation to free Fiat checkup this month only has confirmed that Linea headlight follows ECE standard and is as per international norms. Has anyone here on Team BHP noticed this thing. I am planning to got to Himachal in May and will like to resolve this issue before I hit the highway again. Can someone help me with his experience and expertise on this.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:23   #190
BHPian

I dont agree with the last post by anup_sh. The low beam is not very good but the high beam is fairly good in my opinion. If you want more brightness, upgrade your bulbs to Philips High power Ralley bulbs.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:10   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
I dont agree with the last post by anup_sh. The low beam is not very good but the high beam is fairly good in my opinion. If you want more brightness, upgrade your bulbs to Philips High power Ralley bulbs.
Someone had told me that changing the bulbs voids the warranty. Even in my Sx4 does not have much brightness. For city driving it serves the purpose but I have seen better brightness on other cars.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:41   #192
UKR
BHPian

@anup_sh: Even though the low beam is not that bright, high beam is powerful, in fact the best in the segment I would say. The fog lamps also does a wonderful job. May be you could try adjusting the beam angle.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:41   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Anup_sh: Firstly get the beam angled higher or at the max position to increase the beam throw.

Secondly there are bulbs for the Low Beam (H7) from Osram (night breaker) and Philips (extreme power, not sure of this name). Buy a set and plonk them for the low beam. these do not require any wiring change as these are OEM spec.

High beam are already good enough on the Linea, if you still insist on getting them replaced with higher wattage, but that would require a different wiring, which I would suggest is not required.
Old 1st May 2011, 18:30   #194
BHPian

hi friends.. i have a linea epack diesel, may 2010 model. have covered a problem free 21000 kilometres. from yesterday, i am facing a strange issue. On turning the ignition key, there is nothing happening. Four or five clicks and absolutely no signs of life. it started perfectly on the sixth attempt. again the same issue happened just now. pls advice on what could be the problem?
Old 2nd May 2011, 01:10   #195
BHPian

please check the solenoid switch .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks