Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 19:46   #211

re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I drove the car at 165 kmph at 4 AM and have found it quite scary since the reach of lights are no good. By that time you are able to see a breaker you may already have jumped it. This is a serious issue.

I think philips x-treme should be good replacement if you dont want to play with the default wiring (read relay requirement with osram nightbreakers).
I am sorry to post this but, the kind of speed you are talking about are not safe on any road in India as you rightly said you can not predict what will come your way. Having blinding light for onlookers is also not a good solution for this. I feel bad when people blind me with their high beams and I am unable to see anything ahead of me but the glare of their high beams.
427Cubes is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 22:00   #212
BHPian

Few roads in the world (except for some stretches of the autobahn) permit that kind of speed at any time of day or night. Once you cross 70mph you're beyond most legal speed limits, so manufacturers are not required to give you lighting that lasts above 100mph. It is assumed that once dark you will slow down properly.

Also when it comes to lights, the only time I find the Linea lights inadequate is when idiots in oncoming traffic purposely blind you with their extra-bright lights which are aimed at traffic on the opposite side. It is deplorable behaviour. I think the Linea lighting is adequate for most people in most conditions, given normal night driving. Even the much-criticised low beam is not an issue for me, as it is a low beam. It is not meant to torch up the night, just illuminate the next few meters and alert your proximity to your presence.

In Gurgaon/Delhi, almost everyone drives on high beam and it becomes a war which no one wins. Somewhere the seemingly foolish rules of provincial towns where you are required to paint the top half of the headlight makes sense not as a solution, but at least to remind drivers that it is courtesy to dip your lights.

Back on topic, the one niggle I have with the Linea is the noise. Not engine noise (I love that) but the rattles. My 3-month old car rattles more than the average baby toy. And it is affected by temperature, day of the week, speed and the phase of the moon. Completely unpredictable in terms of location and culprit.
Old 28th June 2011, 22:35   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Back on topic, the one niggle I have with the Linea is the noise. Not engine noise (I love that) but the rattles. My 3-month old car rattles more than the average baby toy. And it is affected by temperature, day of the week, speed and the phase of the moon. Completely unpredictable in terms of location and culprit.
This is true .
Even my car has her fair share of rattles because of which I have to send her to the A** once in a couple of months or so.
Sometimes the culprit is shocker pads sometimes it is some suspension part ,
cant really help it given the type of roads i am used to.
I will advise you to take your car to A** they will sort it out and since the car is almost new having bad rattles really spoils the ownership experience
Old 29th June 2011, 20:44   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octy9833 View Post
Hi friends,

My linea's starter motor assembly was changed by KHT. Now there is no starting problem at all. The entire process took 4 days and was carried out under warranty.

Now, i went for a long distance trip and came back last week. The underbody has taken quite a beating.:( . Also, now there is a grinding sound when i turn the steering fully, with a vibration coming through the steering column and the brake pedal. What could cause this? i am taking the vehicle to KHT again this weekend.

Regards
Ananth
The Vibration coming thru the steering column is due to hit had on the engine gaurd, I had same problem, taken it to the service center, he had removed the engine gaurd( Plate) and hit some blows with a small hammer to remove the bends and reffitted the same, after which it was all fine.
Chevy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 18:01   #215
BHPian

Hi friends,
I own linea emotion pack diesel car has done 18000 kms now from some days i am facing some problems with my car.
1.when i rotate the steering to right some vibrations are felt in the steering and noises coming from the front left wheel.Any solution?
2.Rattling from the dashboard,left front door,rear seats and many more.No solution in service centers.
3.AC Cooling is not up to the mark.
4.Steering is also a bit hard to rotate.
Any solution for these problems?Any one face them?
Old 19th August 2011, 18:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

Have you got the regular servicing done at 15000kms or earlier??
Old 19th August 2011, 18:51   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
Hi friends,
I own linea emotion pack diesel car has done 18000 kms now from some days i am facing some problems with my car.
1.when i rotate the steering to right some vibrations are felt in the steering and noises coming from the front left wheel.Any solution?
There could be issue with your front suspension i.e. Elastic pads would have been worn out, check with the service center and it can replaced if car is under waranty.
Old 19th August 2011, 19:57   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
@Chevy: I too own a linea petrol EP since 2010 Feb have clocked 12000KM..
I am also getting the same air bag failure message. It will start throwing this msg when I change the gear.
Left the car at concord, Chennai and waiting for their report for past 1week. SA is telling it’s because one of the electronic device is malfunctioning. They are not sure how long it will take to fix the issue. Keep my fingers crossed…

Cheers
Dinesh
I posted the issue with Manesh at Fiat, here is the reply, planning to get the battery checked.
[COLOR=navy][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Get the BATTERY checked for its output , there may be possibility of batter cell ( one of ) not delivering required output , leading to display of below ref message.( Starter Motors consumes maximum power from batter during cranking )[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 20th August 2011, 07:07   #219
Senior - BHPian

@ndinesh!!

I had the same problem in my car (check my ownership thread). ultimately it was the realay in the fusebox which got conked off and battery drained and finally had to change both battery and relay. ping me for more datails. ill let you know how to check the relay

Last edited by geeash : 20th August 2011 at 07:09.
Old 20th August 2011, 08:36   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
2.Rattling from the dashboard,left front door,rear seats and many more.No solution in service centers.
1 & 4 - One possibility is that the engine guard below must have taken a good hit. Someone earlier had also posted a similar kind of problem. He got the dents on the engine guard removed and the noise was gone. You can check the same.
2. - My Linea front left door use to rattle. Got the door lock changed under warranty.
3. Have you replaced the pollen filter during your 2nd servicing as advised by Fiat manual. If yes then ask your service advisor to do a complete check up.
Old 28th August 2011, 17:58   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitss View Post
1 & 4 - One possibility is that the engine guard below must have taken a good hit. Someone earlier had also posted a similar kind of problem. He got the dents on the engine guard removed and the noise was gone. You can check the same.
That was me . please see my thread.

Ndinesh.please see my thread i have posted pics of the relay and how to check it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2484859
Old 29th August 2011, 10:33   #222
BHPian

LHS rear power window conked off. Wife rolled it down, it made a screeching sound and all of us jumped in our seats. Pulled over to the side and managed to get it back up. Good for me as it has been pouring in Pune and Mumbai. Lots of burning smell. Looks like I have to get it repaired under warranty. One more trip to service station sigh!!!
Old 29th August 2011, 11:36   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,
I faced the same issue as mentioned in #1. I approached the service personnel who said it was an issue with the Suspension Mount. Got it replaced under warranty and the issue got resolved.

I am not sure if this could be the same in your car.

For #2, again i took it to the service center, and they were able to resolve most of them. But still if i take it on a very rough patch, i could still hear rattles, but not too disturbing.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:37   #224
BHPian

Did you have sunfilm installed recently?

Mine also had a broken plastic clip ... (which holds the glass) and the glass slipped out with a sound. TASS just replaced it.

The sunfilm installers were upto something and had broken some clip and claimed "dont worry saab we fixed it". But after about 6 months I had this issue.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:14   #225
BHPian

@neotraveller
No I haven't had sun film installed recently. Had this fixed at dealer at time of delivery. I guess it's issue of the winder motor.

Most Viewed