Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2018, 11:40   #421
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Hi all,
AC fan of my 2010 Linea MJD is working sporadically.
It works when start in mornings, or when the engine is cool after after a long park.
But when you really need AC at hot climate, when engine is hot, it doesn't work.

Well, if you give a thud at the bottom side of AC Fan from under the glovebox, it starts working mostly, but many times fan only works, no cool air.

But when it gives cool air, AC works as usual, though not in instant chilling cool.

It seems a loose contact in AC Fan, is it ?

FASS recommend replacing AC Fan at a cost of about 10000.

1. What will be the reason of this problem?
2. Is this problem repairable, or just replace at this cost and no way out, please ?
It is a loose contact. As you have observed, when it is cooler in the day, it works. Once the temperature is higher up, the contact point expands and "looses" contact. Take the car to a friendly neighborhood garage and ask the mechanic to look the contact point just below the glove box. Tell them to tighten all the contact points. There is a junction where cables are connected just below the glove box, and I suspect the problem is here.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 13:03   #422
Senior - BHPian

Looking to get some information. The ECU ( Bosch Motronic) of my 2010 Linea 1.4 petrol has gone kaput. A new one at the dealer is close to 30k. Any independent contact that can source one for me or repair this. Leads would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:40   #423
BHPian

Try The Car Engineers, based in new delhi, you could google for his address and phone number. I have used his services to repair my zen ecm.

P.S-Have no affiliation to him or his company just trying to help you out as i have used his services in the past.

Regards,
Manoj
Old 30th June 2018, 09:45   #424
BHPian

Guys,

I need to order some parts for my Linea T-Jet from 99 rpm.

These are rubber parts just next to the air intake cowl (just below the windscreen) - visible when you open the bonnet.

https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/lid-cowl-...ake-linea.html

Can someone please tell if these are the 1) Protector and 2) Ornament?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20180630_085841.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20180630_085848.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20180630_090225.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20180630_090237.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-untitled.jpg  

Old 30th June 2018, 10:37   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
These are rubber parts just next to the air intake cowl (just below the windscreen)
Hi Johy,
Check this link, I believe the part you are looking for is the engine compartment wick.

https://www.99rpm.com/fiat/bonnet-in...jet-linea.html

--gk--
--gKrish-- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 00:08   #426
BHPian

Just today check engine light popped up on the MID of my Linea. I was wading through rain waters in Mumbai and suddenly the light came up. I saw a Ritz and a i10 Grand in front of me going ahead so i took a chance. I don't find anything abnormal in terms of pick up or sound or starting issues. I let the car rest for 8 hours but the check engine light still shows. I thought it could be some sensor that came in contact with water. I must admit the water levels were not so low. I'll check tomorrow morning again. I hope it disappears.

Appreciate any help in this regard.
Old 11th July 2018, 00:25   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Appreciate any help in this regard.
The same happened in my Punto five years ago. There was no issue but there was CEL and warning on the MID. I took it to FASS on the following day and they erased the errors after inspecting the car. Although everything should be fine but there's no harm in getting it inspected at FASS. Just be sure that there's no drop in power or engine response.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:50   #428
BHPian

Thanks much Biraj.

Also, how can i check if rain water entered my car through the exhaust pipe?
Old 12th July 2018, 15:20   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Thanks much Biraj.

Also, how can i check if rain water entered my car through the exhaust pipe?

I think you would know immediately if water has entered the combustion chambers, it will be much more than just a CEL
hothatchaway is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 09:21   #430
BHPian

After reading your experiences i felt you may have some insights into a problem i faced with my Linea Classic Plus MJD.

Yesterday, while coming after a 200 km long trip i stopped 5 kms from my home for tea. The clutch was fine till then. To park i tried to engage the reverse gear to move little back, it slotted with a lot of difficulty and after a lot of grinding noise. Came back in 30 mins after some food, tea and when i tried to engage the first gear it just refused to slot. Had the kind of feeling you get when you try to engage gear without pressing the clutch while in motion. 1 to 5 don't engage at all and when i try reverse i hear a lot of grinding noise. I felt the clutch pedal was moving in freely like a dead pedal without any resistance. Could it be the clutch wire that snapped? Or anything to do with the clutch kit or master/ slave cylinders. How do i identify what exactly could be the issue? In case it's a clutch kit don't you think it's a bit early for the fault to arise. Can i claim warranty since it's still in the 3 year/ 100000 km window and maintained as per schedule.

I was with family and shudder to think how would it have been had the clutch given up on me in the midst of the trip. I was in a forest area and for nearly 60 kms travelled on broken roads without even street lights after 8pm. Thank god it gave up 5kms from my home. Left the car by the road and got home in a Ola.

Mine is a 2016 Linea Classic Plus MJD 28400 kms on the odo in 24 months of ownership. Sole driver. Make conscious effort to never clutch ride.

How does the FIAT Road Side Assistance work? I am in Mumbai. Never tried them before. Do they charge you just in case you need to get the in warranty vehicle towed?

Appreciate any help or inputs you may have. TIA.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:47   #431
BHPian

Your running is quite low for such a early clutch kit failure,unless you have been riding the clutch.
Usually when there is a leak in clutch master cylinder,there would be drop in the fluid levels which would show up on the dashboard as both clutch and brakes use the same reservoir.
If the leak is bad then you will have clutch pedal that would drop down and not return back.
I would suggest you look for leaks in and around the top of the clutch pedal which connects to the master cylinder. Wetness on the carpet etc will be present if it has leaked. Secondly look for the shifter cables that connect the gear knob to the gearbox, sometimes the locking pin tends to slip leading to the cable not being able to engage/disengage.
Third thing that comes to my mind is the slave cylinder, usually if this leaks you can see some residue at the bottom of the gearbox housing at the joint.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 22:15   #432
Senior - BHPian

My Linea had an oil change today after 11k KM's (14 months).

I've repeated Castrol Edge 5W40 Synth & added Ceratec on recommendation by FNG. I've driven it barely 3kms. NVH has reduced & there seems to be a significant improvement in engine smoothness.

I'm concerned that now my engine has 3.5L viz 3.2L of Oil + 300ml of Ceratec. FNG said it won't make a serious difference & claimed to usually change 3.4L for MJD. I do NOT trust this guy on that.

Please suggest indications to watch out for.
Old 20th December 2018, 00:16   #433
Senior - BHPian

Posting an update for the benefit of anyone who's mechanic fills extra oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
My Linea had an oil change today after 11k KM's (14 months).

I'm concerned that now my engine has 3.5L viz 3.2L of Oil + 300ml of Ceratec. FNG said it won't make a serious difference & claimed to usually change 3.4L for MJD. I do NOT trust this guy on that.

Please suggest indications to watch out for.
Update
I just bought a Ryles tube (already had a syringe at home) & removed 300ml oil thru the oil dip stick.

Don't bother siphoning (thereby possibly mistakenly ingesting oil or even inhaling toxic fumes), simply get a set of Ryles Tube + Syringe, (easily available at any medical shop). Put the tube into the oil dip stick pipe & remove just the syringe (from the tube) when extracting oil.

PS : Make sure you or the mechanic doesn't try it when the engine is hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And I have to agree with your brother there. At least crazy ! !

Btw, did the surgicals supplies shop guy ask you for a prescription ?

But thanks for this. I have been looking for a siphon ( used to have one long back in the kerosene days). But wasnt able to find a usable apparatus. Will keep this in mind.

No prescription needed.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 20th December 2018 at 00:38.
Old 17th September 2019, 11:32   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
My Feb 2009 MJD emotion pack Linea diesel, done 90k kms had a water leak problem and due to the settled water car had major fungus everywhere including some electrical system like stereo system and the lcd display behind the steering.
Did you get it replaced or repaired?
Old 17th September 2019, 12:36   #435
BHPian

Fellow members, off late I am experience gear grinding noise in my Punto (Multijet) while engaging gears 2, 3 & 5th gear. The gear shifts are not smooth. Can you pls suggest a good garage in Delhi/Gurugram where I can get proper diagnosis of the issue.

PS: car has done 1,09,000 kms and running on stock clutch. It has been regularly serviced at FASS with regular oil changes.

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 17th September 2019 at 12:38. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed