Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 14:57   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Sure. I'l PM/SMS you once I have my car back. Maybe we can meet on the weekend.
Great!
I have sent you my cell number by PM!
Old 8th June 2009, 15:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

i dont think its just the owners who should start the niggling issues thread, it can be a prospective buyer too. may be manish is doing his initial study collecting the data and putting it in one place so that he comes to know what all issues he will have to overcome if he buys a LINEA.
definitely linea is the best mid size sedan available next to fiesta. its a beauty and admiration is garunted. and i dont see anywhere that manish is trying to defame the car.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think we are getting a little too protective. As long as we have a source that there are niggling issues and its not some wild accusation, why should there be a problem if an owner is reporting it or a prospective buyer? I have gone through many ownership reports here (and there are quite a lot) and its true that many of them have mentioned these niggling (albeit minor) issues.

Linea is a good VFM and and will be, lets hope these are for the early lot and is taken care now.

Update: After seeing ET's message - I guess its fair to rename the title of the thread to a question rather than a statement.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 8th June 2009 at 15:13.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i dont think its just the owners who should start the niggling issues thread, it can be a prospective buyer too. may be manish is doing his initial study collecting the data and putting it in one place so that he comes to know what all issues he will have to overcome if he buys a LINEA.
definitely linea is the best mid size sedan available next to fiesta. its a beauty and admiration is garunted. and i dont see anywhere that manish is trying to defame the car.
Well the title of the thread is misleading. Nigling issues with xxxxxxx, what does it tell you when you read it?
Old 8th June 2009, 15:14   #20
BHPian

The workshop told me that fiat knows that the chrome on the quarter glass is an issue and they will replace it free of cost if it gets lost/stolen/etc.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well the title of the thread is misleading. Nigling issues with xxxxxxx, what does it tell you when you read it?
It tells me that there are some niggling issues with Fiat Lineas. Quite frankly, I dont see anything wrong in it.

I think Manish is just trying to create a thread wherein all the negatives of this particular car are listed so that any prospective buyer is aware of these issues. It could/should also serve as improvement areas for Fiat.

Really dont think he intended to harm the brand image of Fiat or Linea, or was trying to infer that the car is inferior in any way whatsoever.

His post has been quite reasonable, rational and I don't find anything objectionable in it.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
It tells me that there are some niggling issues with Fiat Lineas. Quite frankly, I dont see anything wrong in it.
Even I dont have any problems with it if it was from the owner, until then it remains only hearsay. Why I say it because its very subjective. For someone coming from say a Wagon-R to Linea these issues wont even be noticed. A concern for someone might not be a concern for you at all.

Quote:
I think Manish is just trying to create a thread wherein all the negatives of this particular car are listed so that any prospective buyer is aware of these issues. It could/should also serve as improvement areas for Fiat.
There are enough Linea ownership thread already if someone wants to do a research before buying. The point I am making is that this thread would have made more sense if it was titled "A prospective buyer's reasearch" or something.

Quote:
Really dont think he intended to harm the brand image of Fiat or Linea, or was trying to infer that the car is inferior in any way whatsoever.
Definitely not.

Quote:
His post has been quite reasonable, rational and I don't find anything objectionable in it.
I have no objections at all with this thread, I am only saying that it could have been better.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

My concern is what thread will provide in terms of help ?

If you say all issues in one place, So how does it helps. I do not want to read issue and problems. I want to read Pros and Cons and final verdict. So I make my opinion about the car.

Reading issues will just deter me more from buying a car, which might have many other good things to make over.

But if people think it helps, than it is, surely not for me. I love to see both side of the coin. Rest my case

Last edited by rkbharat : 8th June 2009 at 15:33.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:32   #24
BHPian

Seeing the title of the thread, even I thought that it was from some "really frustrated Liena owner".
Being a Linea owner myself, I was curious to know what caused him so much frustration.
Well, it turns out it was a prospective buyer.

Mods should probably change the title.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Why I say it because its very subjective. For someone coming from say a Wagon-R to Linea these issues wont even be noticed. A concern for someone might not be a concern for you at all.
Sorry i disagree.

Things like seat going down on its own (what the heck!) and chrome falling off, forget WagonR, even a M800 owner would be ashamed to experience this in a 9 lac car.

Not just with Linea, for that matter any car!

Niggling problems are not subjective, unlike looks.

Last edited by DCEite : 8th June 2009 at 15:35.
Old 8th June 2009, 15:36   #26
ashwinpak

And look at the icon that he has put. A thumbs down. Does not look like a neutral thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Seeing the title of the thread, even I thought that it was from some "really frustrated Liena owner".
Being a Linea owner myself, I was curious to know what caused him so much frustration.
Well, it turns out it was a prospective buyer.

Mods should probably change the title.

Old 8th June 2009, 15:36   #27
BANNED

Fiat Linea - Owners' Feedback

Voila,
Since Saturday evening I was contemplating to start a new thread titled "Fiat Linea - Owners' Feedback". The objective was to give feedback to Fiat also of these very minor niggling issues which they can fix to make it even better. These are very minor issues & I always believed the same can be fixed easily. Having said that, its not good that such issues come up in a brand new car worth Rs. 8 Lacs. Hence, was planning to open a thread as above. However, my liking to my Linea superseded & again yday night thought against it to start a thread of niggling issues of the beauty fearing it should not be taken in negative publicity/ feedback from an owner.

Its a wonderful VFM car & Fiat can fix these issues at a very minimal cost.

Now comes my feedback -
  • I've not faced any rattling, squeaking or any other sound. The car is as silent as ever. 2-3 times it hapenned that I tried to restart the car (when the engine was already ON) thinking the Engine got off at a signal. Its that silent.
  • Chrome strip came off from rear left quarter glass - fixed it myself
  • Once it took me 4-5 tries to open Fuel lid. Afterwards, its opening imdtly, may be at the most 2nd try
  • Non-issue only an observation - When I put off the AC with windows rolled up, the residual cooling disappears in a few seconds (5-10 seconds only). Its sounds to be a characteristic & not an issue. But since its odd, mentioning here.
cant think of any more issues right now that I faced
Old 8th June 2009, 15:46   #28
BHPian

I do agree that the title is very very misleading!

As a prospective Linea buyer myself I have been able to follow the issues mentioned here by carspg and other users in their respective threads. Why another thread is required is still beyond me!

And mind you Linea is a 7L car only the top end diesel variants sell close to the 9L mark. And it all becomes clear when you read through the issues, all of them would arise when a company tries to keep costs down!

I personally know of folks with verna's whose chrome bits lost color within a month. we have read about 10-15 day old fiestas which refused to start and so on.
Lets not get around to Fiat bashing here!

Mods : Request you to ammend the title
Old 8th June 2009, 15:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1+ to this. Even i thought the same.

Rattles: I had a few squeaks and rattles and it was thoroughly fixed in 1st service

Chromestrip problem: As pointed out by someone else , it was a problem only in early bird lineas. The quality of glue fiat got from turkey played up. Now they have outsourced it from italy. It has not happened so far to me.

Seat issue: I have spoken to the fiat whos and whos and they have promised a solution within week time.

I would request you to change the title to a better worded one as i find the title misleading........
Old 8th June 2009, 15:54   #30
JRD
BHPian

I agree with someone in a earlier post about the first lot of cars being bound of having some niggles. Absolutely!

My car being one of the earlier lineas. Here is my feedback:
1. Creeking Tak-tak sound from the driver side A-pillar (yup still there).
p.s: @ vahan : you are really lucky on this!
2. Rattle from the glove box lock (needs tightening once in a while)
3. Fabric cover below the handbrake comes of when hand brake is pulled/applied.
4. Chrome strip on front bumper and logo want to come off.
5. Tyre humming at low speed.

Besides these minor issues, the car is fantastic.

Most Viewed