Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 17:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
...for a car that clearly costs 2L less than what is should, i for one can live with these issues.
Doesn't mean the issues aren't highlighted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Someone has posted that the chrome strip coming off issue is now solved by using Italian adhesive against the Turkish one earlier.

...we will have a thread that lists both problems and solutions in one place and will be fair to the product and manufacturer too.
Sounds like we have a solution already, hopefully it is a lasting one. And yeah, that would be a greatly useful thread for prospective buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I had this issue of the chrome strip coming off my Linea, reported it to Concorde and they fixed it with some adhesive strip, now i can't pull it out with all my force. So i guess it was a minor problem and they had a solution.
Concorde seems to be pulling up their socks! That's good news, they were horrid to V1 Indicas, which by themselves were horrid to begin with.

Edit : My bad. Bangalore? I wrongly assumed you're talking about the Concorde in Mumbai. That was followed by a "waitaminit....." moment.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th June 2009 at 17:47.
Old 8th June 2009, 18:25   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : If you have any suggestions WRT the thread or its title, use the "Report this post to a moderator" feature. The public forum is not the place to discuss such activities.

At the time being, we see nothing wrong in this thread and will let it continue.
Old 8th June 2009, 18:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mod Note : If you have any suggestions WRT the thread or its title, use the "Report this post to a moderator" feature. The public forum is not the place to discuss such activities.

At the time being, we see nothing wrong in this thread and will let it continue.
Thanks a ton GTO for your reassurance! I was suddenly baffled and couldn't understand what's wrong with my thread or posts!

As for low GC, it certainly is a concern, but it is something that you know when you see the car or specifications and decide if you're comfortable with low GC or not. I am more concerned about unexpected issues which come up when you own a car and only ownership expereince can tell about it. And this was an attempt to put together inputs from what I have read & heard and some direct inputs from existing owners.

As for the 'thumbs down' icon, for me it was an expression to show my disappointment from a car that I love so much. If I really were a frustrated owner, I would have put an angry smiley with lots of bang-heads.
Old 8th June 2009, 18:57   #49
BHPian

As per the workshop my seat adjustment mechanism was damaged when the dealer fit the seat covers! They are replacing the mechanism tomorrow.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:22   #50
BHPian

So far we had "Niggling Issues" thread only on Tata cars, that made us feel that only Tata cars have niggling issues because we pay less. Its good to have such thread for all cars so that feeling among people that only Tata cars have suspect quality goes off!

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 8th June 2009, 19:26   #51
BANNED

Its a good initiative as the owners of Linea Helping out the Fiat to get the feedback/fix some of those minor/major issues and which also helps in the GP fine tuning.

Taken from the fiat Blog:-
Quote:
In addition JD Power has been hired to conduct quarterly CSI/SSI survey to monitor customer satisfaction and feedback on regular intervals.
It will be 100% better and precise here in team-bhp as the owners are giving day by day inputs rather than quarterly as compared to the JD Power.

Kudos to all who owned Linea.

BTB does any one of the Linea Owners surveyed by JD Power till today ?

Last edited by wildon : 8th June 2009 at 19:31.
Old 8th June 2009, 19:36   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its a good initiative as the owners of Linea Helping out the Fiat to get the feedback/fix some of those minor/major issues and which also helps in the GP fine tuning.
Yup a very good initiative by the owners of linea in helping fiat fix the issues which should have not been there in the first place. I wonder if they agreed when buying the car thenthey would have to help out FIAT in sorting out the issues in the car so that future customers don't have to suffer.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:42   #53
Senior - BHPian

i will try to contact the service and design as well as production people of fiat and ask them their action plan for the small issues mentioned here.
one thing i know is that FIAT is damn serious about the customers and they also have a special team that will act on special war-footing basis to solve any problem that customers have. also the dealer have been advised so.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
. Only annoying noises are the road noise and poor quality FM stations.
Well I dont think the FM stations are to be blamed here, if at all, it has to be the poor quality ICE in your car.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Well I dont think the FM stations are to be blamed here, if at all, it has to be the poor quality ICE in your car.
Or maybe just my ears that like cd quality sound even if its from the stock speakers. Anyways, am not blaming FM stations but they don't stream high quality audio either.

About someone mentioning GC initially it was an issue but now I go over bumps/speed breakers a lot more slowly and the car does clear them better than a friend's New Honda City.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:19   #56
BANNED

Plastics falling apart

Yday only I mentioned here no niggling issues except for 1-2. Ironically, I faced them today itself (mentioned in my ownership thread in scattered posts, recapturing here in consolidated form)

PART-1 :: Yesterday my Pen Drive dropped between 2 front seats. While picking it up from the floor, I saw a triangular Plastic cover/ cowl like thingy on the floor between 2 seats. I could not find location from where it has fallen off. 1st 2 pics below are of this plastic thingy which decided to have a stroll in my car on its own.

PART-2 ::
Since it gave me a high dose of irritation & I was continuously feeling uncomfortable that how such things happen in Rs. 8 Lacs premium car, today my restlessness again prompted me to check where it has fallen off from. While I could not find the location, what I found was even more horrible. Another whole Plastic Cover is missing from under the driver seat door side near the seat height adjuster lever thro' which the seat belt comes out & which covers the entire assembly of seat height lever & reclining lever. On the Passenger side the same cover is intact whereas on driver side entire assembly is exposed & looks horrible in a brand new Linea. Both pics - passanger side & driver side with & without that plastci cover are posted below:

I'm more upset on how these stupid things are happening & the quality. I mean I owned a Ford Ikon & In almost 6 years with 90,000 kms, such small plastics, buttons, nothing inside the cabin came out nor needed any replacement. No niggling issue at all. Plastic finish & fittings was spotless. What worries me more is the way the missing plastic cover is fitted. I've seen it on passenger side. It'll come out imdtly with a slightly harsh pull of seat belt. It looks very shoddy. Looking back, all mechanism in Linea - be it seat height adj lever, seat recline lever, these plastci covers types, steering tilt lever are sub-standard & flimsy. Quality can be experienced when you touch these types & they feel rock-solid. Here, you feel it can fall off any time.

Fiat - If you're reading this, you're spoiling my ownership experience. Giving good quality plastics & finish won't cost you more than Rs. 2K-4K & why to spoil overall excellent car with such small items
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20090607002.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20090607003.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20090607004.jpg  

Fiat Linea - Various niggling issues? Post your experiences here.-20090607005r.jpg  

Last edited by VahanPujari : 9th June 2009 at 17:21.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous on FIAT's part. Earlier it was only marketing and A**, now even the quality has started to deteriorate
Old 9th June 2009, 17:34   #58
BHPian

manish7, I think this thread is a good idea as the ownership threads for Linea are probably more frequented by other Linea owners.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:37   #59
BANNED

PLASTICS.. PLASTICS.. This is going to be a major issue in GP too. As i have seen the GP in flesh and i m not at all happy with the PLASTICS inside.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:59   #60
BHPian

Vahanpujari
So you mean that this cover was never present in your car at all? That's a shame. When I first critically examined the Linea at the dealer's yard when I was invited for a preview, there were many such areas which I had pointed out. Even the other day I was at the showroom there was a Linea on display with the rubber beading on the pasenger side window loose.

Frankly even the Vista has better plastics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks