Team-BHP - Problem with LPG mode in WagonR Duo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Problem with LPG mode in WagonR Duo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/60011-problem-lpg-mode-wagonr-duo.html)

I have a Wagon R Duo and yesterday i filled full tank lpg (around 21.5kg). At the time of filling the tank was empty for around 2 weeks.
After some 500 mts,I switch to lpg mode and suddenly the vehicle slows down and nearly comes to a halt. i switch to petrol and there is no problem so i switch to lpg again. The problem reoccurs. There was no issue in 1st gear but the moment i switch to 2nd it starts. I continue in petrol mode. Later i stop for some shopping and note that the shutter of lpg cylinder (dont know if this is the right name) is open. There was light rain and it was open all throughout. I would have travelled atleast 5 kms like this.
I couldnt take it to service center today but will be doing tomorrow. Sometime back i again tried to switch to lpg after starting in petrol mode.I was able to shift to 3rd gear without issues and could drive some 100 meters in that position when suddenly it happened again. One thing i noticed now is that there was a low intensity screaching sound (somewhat like the sound that comes while engaging hand brakes) coming from bottom on right side.

Since the shutter was open for sometime and there was light rain, would water/air have entered in? if so how big is this issue?
Is there anything specific i need to ask when i visit the service center?
please:

this happens if the you have left it empty for quite sometime. i dont know if this solves the trick but i just used to raise the accelerator for a few minutes and then things become ok.

You mean you left that plastic lid of the LPG tank open, right ? Rain cannot enter into the tank even if it pours. Unlike a petrol tank, the LPG tank is presurrised , hence there is a nozzle which will not allow water unless it is highly pressurised to enter inside. This is something to do with the quality of LPG dispensed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharanidharang (Post 1337666)
this happens if the you have left it empty for quite sometime. i dont know if this solves the trick but i just used to raise the accelerator for a few minutes and then things become ok.

You mean revv the engine into high RPMs, right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharanidharang (Post 1337666)

tried that for around 30-40 secs and was able to ride sometime(today when i was able to shift to 3rd). Will try for longer duration

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1337681)
You mean you left that plastic lid of the LPG tank open, right ?

yes

Quote:

Rain cannot enter into the tank even if it pours. Unlike a petrol tank, the LPG tank is presurrised , hence there is a nozzle which will not allow water unless it is highly pressurised to enter inside. This is something to do with the quality of LPG dispensed.
Thanks for that info. was actually scared thinking water might have gone in

It was due to an electrical wire that got detatched somehow. Its working fine now