Team-BHP - WagonR - service related queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   WagonR - service related queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/60192-wagonr-service-related-queries.html)

Hi All,

I drive a Dec 2006 WagonR Vxi (MPFI) which has currently done around 46000 kms. Car is driving great and had no visits to service centre besides regular service. But I do have some queries regarding service cost, service intervals.

- I have read here that service costs for a Maruti are on the lower side and even regular service of Honda City's doesn't cost more than 3K but my regular services have always costed be upwards of 2.5K for my previous car (Zen) and more than 3K for the current one. I scanned the bill to post here but dont know how to do that, so I will just paste some details -
.................quantity - cost
engine oil 3.7 - 805.75
filter assembly oil 1 - 66.09
washer fluid 1 - 11.84
gasket oil drain 1 - 2.63
consumable item 1 - 50.00
Lamination assy. engine 1 - 755.00 (what is this?)
Relay 1 - 110.93 (fog light relay was bust)
Fuse assembly mini 1 - 6.41

Labour
paid service - 650.00
fuel injector cleaning 1.82(?) - 400.00
engine system flushing 2.73(?) - 600.00

Bill amount after taxes = Rs 3896.00

This was the last service done in Oct 08 as Pasco in Gurgaon. Though I have no complaints regarding the service I am wondering about the high service cost. Which of this does not come under normal service? Because those (A.S.S.) guys put everything under normal service.

2. Had taken my car to a small service centre in Noida (Shubham Auto - they claim to be authorised service centre) to head a fused head-light bulb changed. The mechanic their told me that WagonR service interval is 5000kms or 6 months. When I said that the manual says 10K or 1 yr he replied that the engine oil, gear box oil used for that service is different. What's he talking about? I was thinking was getting my car serviced from these guys but thought I will post a query first.

3. After the above, I checked the car manual but couldn't find what grade oils should be used. Anyone knows where I can get it?

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 1342156)

fuel injector cleaning 1.82(?) - 400.00
engine system flushing 2.73(?) - 600.00

2. The mechanic their told me that WagonR service interval is 5000kms or 6 months. When I said that the manual says 10K or 1 yr he replied that the engine oil, gear box oil used for that service is different. What's he talking about? I was thinking was getting my car serviced from these guys but thought I will post a query first.

3. After the above, I checked the car manual but couldn't find what grade oils should be used. Anyone knows where I can get it?

Thanks.

3 items listed above are optional/desirable and will not come under regular service, though dealerships will put it on uninformed customers :(

2) Service interval is 10k but 5k for minor check up is fine, no need for oil changes at this. He is pulling a fast one with oil, they last fine for 1 year plus.

3) Check specifications section at the end, before dealer addresses, should be mentioned. Or else scan the manual for engine oil, and gear oil replacement procedure section.

Thanks very much. Will check the manual again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 1342156)

:Frustrati This happened to a friend of mine when he took his A-Star for the routine 2'nd service at 5K. The SA, didn't mention about this job in the morning but when he took delivery of the car, he saw this billed. Created a huge furore there with the SA and manager and refused to pay the bill.

Finally, he got away by paying the bill and they promised him that they'll discount that amount at the next service.