Team-BHP - Optra Fumes coming into the car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Optra Fumes coming into the car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/61061-optra-fumes-coming-into-car.html)

Hi folks
In my optra with all windows rolled up and the switch that allows you to choose between internal Air or external air kept to draw internal air. I can still smell the smoke in the car when I am in a traffic jam or travelling thru a place that has lot of smoke/smell

Two times i raised it with service centre, first time they said the flap that controlled the vent that opened to the outside was not closing properly and they had fixed it. But the problem returned soon.

The second time the guy checked and said there are nothing wrong.

So is this normal.. or does something have to be done

Hi folks, any ideas anybody ?

My guess is the vent is still not closing properly .Get it checked.

Not related to Optras, but I have noticed several times that even when in recirculation mode, strong smells from the outside enters the car- this is not specific to a make or model. Is this normal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1368633)
Not related to Optras, but I have noticed several times that even when in recirculation mode, strong smells from the outside enters the car- this is not specific to a make or model. Is this normal?

NO, This is not normal, I think there are 2 possible cause for this problem.

1). Ventilation VENT is not properly closing.
2). The Door Gasket is gone bad,

You can check with any good service station or even a road side mechanic should be able to find the cause.

its not normal and A.S.S (authorized service stations) have this bad habit of totally Neglecting problem until you bug them a lot, but chances are they present you with a HUGE Bill for un-necessary parts changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinu_joseph (Post 1367198)
Hi folks
In my optra with all windows rolled up and the switch that allows you to choose between internal Air or external air kept to draw internal air. I can still smell the smoke in the car when I am in a traffic jam or travelling thru a place that has lot of smoke/smell

Two times i raised it with service centre, first time they said the flap that controlled the vent that opened to the outside was not closing properly and they had fixed it. But the problem returned soon.

The second time the guy checked and said there are nothing wrong.

So is this normal.. or does something have to be done

Joseph, even in internal circulation some outside air does come in. Get your a/c filters cleaned/ changed. Also get the a/c flap checked from another a.s.s. There is a LOT of parts to open up inside the cabin before coming to the flaps, so these guys are reluctant to dig this deep inside a cars dashboard.

Sounds like the flap is not closing fully. In cars like the Optra, an ill fitting filter that leaves a gap in the system is also bound to cause fumes entering the car. Also as 1self had recommended its best you get it checked at another dealer.

i think something called filter should be installed. i recently added so called A/C filter to my Innova which was not there in older models.. you can check with the service center if any filter has to be installed.

well he did say that he cleaned the AC filter. But lets see will pester him to check the flap again. thanks folks