Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 09:54   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
that will open my driver door no ? Then I need to close the driver door by opening and shutting it. I have not been able to make this partial unlatch without the need to shut driver door again.

What am I missing here ?

As Lapiz said you need to unlatch the driver door partially only.This would unlock all the 4 doors but won't open any door. When the person gets out of the car you just need to drive further and as soon as you reach 20 km/hr all the doors would get automatically locked.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:08   #527
Senior - BHPian

Re: Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto

ok, thanks all. I just tried this. This is what happened.

I was able to unlock the rear door and passenger doors from inside with partial unlock technique when the key was inside the car or key is in ignition.

But when key is outside or not inside ignition lock set, this partial unlock doesn't work, and the handle will unlock the door itself.

I guess the key fob has sensor to guess whether keyfob is inside or outside car.
Old 26th July 2017, 10:13   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
that will open my driver door no ? Then I need to close the driver door by opening and shutting it. I have not been able to make this partial unlatch without the need to shut driver door again.
What am I missing here ?
Just a weeee bit flick....may be? Using this for the last 5.5 years!
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:08   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Just a weeee bit flick....may be? Using this for the last 5.5 years!
Usually when parking on curbside, I usually open passenger door by hand because I cannot risk door opening into traffic if this partial unlock technique didn't work exactly as planned. So right now I sat inside car and asked a collegue to lock car from outside with keyfob.

So keyfob was outside and I was inside on driver seat. At that time the partial unlock was not working, the door unlocked+opened even at slightest tug at handle.

So I guess it is a function of the sensor inside keyfob communicating where exactly the key is.

Another problem that I had with my key fob was that despite changing batteries, the key fob was unresponsive and I had to really press the keypad hard to get it to unlock, and thus I usually unlocked by key.

Yesterday I opened up the keyfob and cleaned it out using rubbing alcohol and also cleaned the circuit board inside. That is when I found the sensor sitting inside the keyfob, a black cylinder thing and that is what is sensing proximity to the car.

But even after cleaning out entire keyfob with rubbing alcohol using an ear bud, still on reassembly the keypad was unresponsive so gave a second try and a closer look at the battery contact on the battery holder and cleaned the contact pins (2 raised pins) thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and then put it back again. Now the keyfob was back to new again. That's all that was required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks