Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 11:30   #76
BHPian

Yeah, this is the sad reality of Punto cars. Fiat makes it like there ought to be issues in your new cars, I don't know why this attitude. Considering the issues you guys have mentioned, I would suggest get it fixed by the dealer and start using the car. Because you won't get nothing much by cribbing with the dealer. Believe me the car will definitely bring up smiles on your faces once you start driving it.
Congrats on new your buy!
Old 9th November 2009, 11:36   #77
BHPian

Congrats SSS. The gap doesn't look abnormal to me. About plastic being broken, check with any other Punto on display and bring it to their notice. Get it replaced prior to delivery. When i bought Linea, there was no protection material on any of the displays. So I guess that goes in the 'regular' category. The marks left by the sticker, ensure they are removed prior to delivery. Do post the delivery experience.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:41   #78

That plastic should not b broken.. its intact on mine.
even my car had a scratch on the left rear door. Exec said i can get it fixed at the 1st service.
And nope there was absolutely no taping on anything in my car too.. not even the music system.
But in my case the dealer was very helpful. Ramji from tafe reach chenai. awesome guy saved alot of my money.
torture the Exec's a bit man, its your money after all. they will fix it or do as much as they can.
Old 9th November 2009, 14:20   #79
BHPian

I would suggest not to take the delivery until they fix it.

Quote:
1. There is considerable gap between the fender and bonnet on right hand side, Which when asked from mechanic he said it will stay that way only. Please check the picture.
The Chasis looks fine from the pictures
Quote:
2. This plastic is broken from middle the sales man told me its in two pieces but in other punto’s it seemed one. Though mechanic did his job well to fix it but still it doesn’t seem as one. Check the Picture (this is before repair)
This is definitely a problem. But certainly rectifiable problem. The entire panel should be replaced. I suggest you to take delivery only after they replace this.
Quote:
3. There are two scratches on the right front alloy, which I have made up my mind to ignore as my dad says its not like it will never get scratched otherwise. Which is quite right. Check the Picture.
In the ideal world, this should not be there. I personally dont recall if I checked scratches on the alloys. I checked for tire treads, date of manufacture etc.

Overall, your dad's right. Not there you will not scratch them over the lifetime of your ownership.

Quote:
4. Other than this there was this sticker pasted on bumper which all can see has been removed it did get me suspicious but the sales man said its something to do with their stick yard.
Minor. They should be able to clean this up. Suprisingly they did not do it already
Quote:
5. Inside this car there are no tapping on the door knobs like we got in i20, there were no tappin on the key to protect fiat logo
Nope - no tapping when I got my car.

Except the broken plastic, all else seems good. Best of luck on owning your car.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

I guess you can take delivery of the car if they fix up the scratches and stuff. But still, this is a sad state, no new car should be loke this - it completely ruins the whole experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats.Looks stunning in red.
Pls some pics of interiors as well.
LOL you really didn't read the thread did you

Last edited by anekho : 9th November 2009 at 15:11.
Old 9th November 2009, 16:24   #81
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
I guess you can take delivery of the car if they fix up the scratches and stuff. But still, this is a sad state, no new car should be loke this - it completely ruins the whole experience.
I told the same thing to the Sales Manager after my PDI. The reply I got was "Manoj, We have not yet completed the PDI of the vehicle and since you insisted we have got the vehicle here (to dealership from stockyard). Please be assured that all the minor glitches will be taken care before delivery". Meanwhile the Sales manager is a good friend of mine.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Oye Robin congrats man!

Never told me you had gone ahead and booked it.

About the sticker, yes there is an identification number at the stockyard. It is perfectly normal and expected. They'll use a shampoo solution to just remove it. No big deal.

About the bonnet, I am not sure but there might be a few rubber head knobs under it. You can screw/unscrew it to the required height. They might be unscrewed too much, pushing your bonnet upwards.

The alloys are as you mentioned not a great problem anyways.

There are no tapings anywhere. However the key fob does have the Fiat logo covered. The 50 km thing does look fishy. Ask them where their yard is.

All the best bro and congrats again!

Old 9th November 2009, 18:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Punto mudflaps

Can someone help me out in with the punto mudflaps ? Just called my dealer ( concorde ) , and he says that they'll take another week to get the mudflaps. My car's getting really dirty in the rains.

Prerana(lalbagh) isn't picking up the phone. Where do I get the mudflaps from ? Any info will be appreciated.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:53   #84
BHPian

Thanks guys,
My buying experience has already been cracked up (Wanted to use many other words) bad by HDFC bank, but seeing my car stand right there infront of me at dealership was such a relief even these small niggles were nothing compared to what HDFC bank gave me and is still giving. My loan has been sanction but still hasnt been disbursed will post about the horrific experience and Loan thread tonight.
@Essyouwee
HI bro,
I updated my Signature thinking you'll guess that..lolz.. I booked it on 22nd oct..
Old 9th November 2009, 22:13   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictPentony View Post
That plastic should not b broken.. its intact on mine.
even my car had a scratch on the left rear door. Exec said i can get it fixed at the 1st service.
And nope there was absolutely no taping on anything in my car too.. not even the music system.
But in my case the dealer was very helpful. Ramji from tafe reach chenai. awesome guy saved alot of my money.
torture the Exec's a bit man, its your money after all. they will fix it or do as much as they can.

sorry there just checked my car.. it is 2pieces overlappiing each other was glued together pretty tight that i didnt notice it at 1st. now that i pulled it out to check , its not sitting like before. :(
Old 9th November 2009, 23:44   #86
BHPian

My loan story Please friends do go through it.

Shame on HDFC auto loan dept. NEVER GO TO THEM!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1574124
Old 10th November 2009, 00:37   #87
BHPian

The place is rama motors isn't it?
I am pretty sure it is.

Everything is fine,don't get too finicky about the tapings and stuff.
Only one thing bugs me and that is the 50 odd kms on the odo,If this is indeed rama motors,their stockyard is exactly 4 kms away,so the 50 on the odo seems suspicious.

My punto was delivered from rama when it had done about 20 kms.
And how do i know about how far their yard is?i personally dragged the salesman to check the car in the yard itself,and did the patented team-bhp pdi there,before i said yes for the delivery.

Get the scratches fixed before taking delivery,they always turn out to be faint in pictures,but in reality they are quite an eyesore,especially on a new car.

Piece[s] of advice-
Check the real parcel tray locks,you'll find some surprises there. Well i am still trying to live with the tray.
Check the rear windscreen washer,my car's doesn't work.
Check the damn alignment,i am sure it is out with the amount of potholes,that there are on the roads leading to the showroom,get it fixed.

Check for suspension noises,50 kms is a lot by today's standards,my friend took his civic when the odo read 4kms.

All the best.
Old 10th November 2009, 00:58   #88
Senior - BHPian

When are you going to Rama next?

The more I think about it, the more I feel weird about the 50 kms. They might have used it for occasional TDs. Althought 50 is not too high, the perfect 50 and the few niggles are somewhat bothering.

You never know what it might have been. If you can, check when was the car delivered at their stock yard.

There is a guy here who got his car (or just a TD) from Rama. He is on good terms with them. I can't recall his handle. Try getting in touch with him and ask for his assistance.

Keep us updated.

All the best.
Old 10th November 2009, 01:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
When are you going to Rama next?

The more I think about it, the more I feel weird about the 50 kms. They might have used it for occasional TDs. Althought 50 is not too high, the perfect 50 and the few niggles are somewhat bothering.

You never know what it might have been. If you can, check when was the car delivered at their stock yard.

There is a guy here who got his car (or just a TD) from Rama. He is on good terms with them. I can't recall his handle. Try getting in touch with him and ask for his assistance.

Keep us updated.

All the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
The place is rama motors isn't it?
I am pretty sure it is.

Everything is fine,don't get too finicky about the tapings and stuff.
Only one thing bugs me and that is the 50 odd kms on the odo,If this is indeed rama motors,their stockyard is exactly 4 kms away,so the 50 on the odo seems suspicious.

My punto was delivered from rama when it had done about 20 kms.
And how do i know about how far their yard is?i personally dragged the salesman to check the car in the yard itself,and did the patented team-bhp pdi there,before i said yes for the delivery.

Get the scratches fixed before taking delivery,they always turn out to be faint in pictures,but in reality they are quite an eyesore,especially on a new car.

Piece[s] of advice-
Check the real parcel tray locks,you'll find some surprises there. Well i am still trying to live with the tray.
Check the rear windscreen washer,my car's doesn't work.
Check the damn alignment,i am sure it is out with the amount of potholes,that there are on the roads leading to the showroom,get it fixed.

Check for suspension noises,50 kms is a lot by today's standards,my friend took his civic when the odo read 4kms.

All the best.
@Smile now and Essyouwee
Well yes its rama motors okhla. Yeah the exact 50 bothered me as well but as a matter of fact my car arrived on Tuesday as they didnt had any Red Mjd E+ in stock they had to order it and I was given the VIN then only, which on checking was same and the dealership has a TD diesel vehicle that too in red with stickers on. So i dont think it must have been used as TD vehicle by them since tueday. Though high ODO because of transit can be a good reason. But according to PDI anything below 100KMS should be fine i see no reason to react until there is actually a problem with the drive.

I will definately do a TD of car before taking delivery. I'll go to take that once loan is disburssed on thrusday most probably. The people there know am from team bhp, They also know how finickly we take deliveries. its not expected them to cheat me after that.
But lets see seeing my total buying exp anything is possible.
Old 10th November 2009, 02:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The people there know am from team bhp, They also know how finickly we take deliveries. its not expected them to cheat me after that.
Yep,spoke to the owner's son who is the director of the showroom,while my car was getting repaired[tie rod got bent] in the workshop.'Architect'[username] is on good terms with him and after i mentioned team-bhp,he mentioned that they were planning to have a service bay exclusively for team-bhp members!!!

If you have any problems at rama's end of the deal,send a pm,i now know a couple of people[higher up's],will try to get your car out as soon as possible i.e. if there is any delay/problems on rama's end.

If you want,i can pm you the number of a very capable guy at hdfc,he got my loan cleared in 2 days,and that too without income proof!!
Probably through him,you can reach some of the team leader of your agent,and get to know what the damn problem is??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks