Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 20:51   #1
BANNED

Honda Civic dashboard rattles

I get some sort of very low rattling (sounds tic tic) noise from the dashboard of my Civic, which about 10k old. Its not continues, but get when you really runs over a scratchy road. Initially I thought its the tilt steering rubbing against some plastics, but its not. Has anyone observed this before. ?
Old 17th July 2009, 21:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Did you have any ICE installation done in the car?
Old 18th July 2009, 07:33   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Did you have any ICE installation done in the car?
Nothing.. Its as original as possible.
Old 18th July 2009, 11:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

Get your steering column checked. I had a similar problem and it was the steering column cover (behind the wheel - it is the shell through which the stalks come out) plastic rubbing against something else. Very hard to reproduce, but very annoying indeed.

I have a similar rattle in my rear driver side door which started after the pads were removed for sunfilm installation. I plan to do a full ICE install with serious damping some time in the future, so I'm leaving it alone till then. It only surfaces when I'm a scratchy road as yours.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 18th July 2009 at 11:54.
Old 20th July 2009, 19:44   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Get your steering column checked. I had a similar problem and it was the steering column cover (behind the wheel - it is the shell through which the stalks come out) plastic rubbing against something else. Very hard to reproduce, but very annoying indeed.

I have a similar rattle in my rear driver side door which started after the pads were removed for sunfilm installation. I plan to do a full ICE install with serious damping some time in the future, so I'm leaving it alone till then. It only surfaces when I'm a scratchy road as yours.
Too feels so. I am scared to attempt it myself, as airbag is housed on the steering.. I will get it checked on next service.

I too got similar rattle from rear portion of driver side door. It stops if you push the door.. so looks like something to do with the rubber/pads.

Looks like our cars are siblings

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks