Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 16:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Shashank, best to approach one of the Maruti workshops who have experience in outfitting Rally cars rather than a "hit & miss" DIY.....IMHO
Old 28th July 2009, 17:09   #32
BHPian

Hello Shashank, 2-3 mm aluminum chequered plate will do the job. Please try and have one made for the fuel tank also if there is enough space.

These plates will be available with most iron & Steel merchants and are generally used as flooring in buses and in the cargo bays of most LCV's.

Like Suman has suggested go to either a MASS or to a garage which prepares cars for the raid. There are plenty in Delhi.
Old 28th July 2009, 18:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Are you sure you want to fit 4ft x 5ft sheet beneath the engine compartment, as per my understanding you do not need to cover completely it should be cover partially. .
that is what I will do. I am going to install the entire sheet, it will be cut and installed at strategic locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Shashank, best to approach one of the Maruti workshops who have experience in outfitting Rally cars rather than a "hit & miss" DIY.....IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Like Suman has suggested go to either a MASS or to a garage which prepares cars for the raid. There are plenty in Delhi.
I have approached such workshops and have been quoted 12k and 20k respectively. rankly speaking as of now, I cannot afford that kind of money and even if I could, this is not justified for my use.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:14   #34
BHPian

If you cannot or dont want to change your timing, a simple upsizing your JET would work for you. Have fun
Old 29th July 2009, 19:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
If you cannot or dont want to change your timing, a simple upsizing your JET would work for you. Have fun
I will get it adjusted in Manali. I have been told that those mechanics have plenty of experience of "what car wants" in those roads.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I have approached such workshops and have been quoted 12k and 20k respectively. rankly speaking as of now, I cannot afford that kind of money and even if I could, this is not justified for my use.
I told you to check with Lordofgondor, have you done that? He got his at Motorkraft (MASS with experience in rally car prep IIRC) at 7.5k
Old 30th July 2009, 18:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I told you to check with Lordofgondor, have you done that? He got his at Motorkraft (MASS with experience in rally car prep IIRC) at 7.5k
I have check with him, but it was only for engine sump. And secondly I looked under the body, and there are no grooves, so it means that they have drill some in the under body, on which I am not too keen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks