Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 10:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Though don't remember the source now, long back I have read about this procedure.

The only change here was to go close to the vertical whall and mark the centre of the two headlights and put a + there.

The low beam should be adjusted to fall in the lower left quadrant.

Procedure same for all cars. Some cars do have vertical / horizontal adjustments.
Its a defined standard procedure, you need to know the axis height of your headlamps and if the headlamps follow an EU or American standards and then there are defined measurements to set the beam levels. For both Vertical/ Horizontal adjustment, requires much more detailing and a longer procedure.

This thread/ document is very specific to Safari 2.2l, KISS.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:41   #17
adc
Senior - BHPian

Good detailed article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This will correct the levels at unladen, you need to use the headlamp leveling switch once loaded as per below for Safari:

Safari lights are at quite a height and in all the night journeys that have gone through, it is best to keep the levelling at always "3" as then it focuses directly on the road. On setting 1 or 2, it hits on the opposite driver's face more directly and there is furious dipping from a distance by them as they are blinded more.

As such it helps to have auxiliary lights more so in a Safari as when the truck or bus driver uses dipper or switches to auxiliary lights with main
headlights at dim level, one can do the same. This is highly required more so in a single lane highway night journey.

Dadu can this be done? Like we see on the highway trucks, whereas the driver's side headlight is dimmed so that light does not fall directly on the opposite side vehicle's driver but the opposite light is at the normal beam for visibility of the road side.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Safari lights are at quite a height and in all the night journeys that have gone through, it is best to keep the levelling at always "3" as then it focuses directly on the road. On setting 1 or 2, it hits on the opposite driver's face more directly and there is furious dipping from a distance by them as they are blinded more.
This should go away, once you follow the steps, another reason is that once you are loaded, the rear dips and nose elevates, moving the light beam up, thats why this switch and the level 3 helps in balancing the angle change due to weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Dadu can this be done? Like we see on the highway trucks, whereas the driver's side headlight is dimmed so that light does not fall directly on the opposite side vehicle's driver but the opposite light is at the normal beam for visibility of the road side.
I am assuming they use a low wattage bulb as they have the age old standard assemblies. You can search for a sub-standard low quality H4 bulb, that will definitely be dimmer.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:29   #19
BHPian

Hi Dadu,

A really useful and nicely detailed procedure; thanks verymuch. Many times I had a feeling that my Safari's head lights require some adjustment whenever I travel in my friend's Safari (part of car pooling). During my 30k service I had asked the TASS guy to adjust the same for me. You won't belive the answer I got it from him - 'Sir, Safari lights are fixed and can't be adjusted. Adjustments are possible only on older vehicles'. I did not really took it seriously and was looking for a way to do it myself.

Finally found it in this thread; now need to find a level surface of 25 meters long and a wall at the end of it. Not very sure where to find it - will start the search.

Thanks,
Sunil.
Old 28th October 2012, 17:24   #20
BHPian

Re: TechSpec® : TATA SAFARI DICOR 2.2l HEADLAMP Level Adjustment

Thanks Dadu,

Great Post.
I have been struggling with my Safari headlight (EX), for quiet a sometime now.
Will give it a try now, after finding all the points/assemblies that you have mentioned in the post. Even I have received a reply from TASS, that these cannot be adjusted "by any means".

Many Thanks,
Saurabh2711.
Old 21st August 2015, 08:49   #21
BHPian

Re: TechSpec® : TATA SAFARI DICOR 2.2l HEADLAMP Level Adjustment

Hello people. I just got a HID kit for my safari 2.2 from a local dealer. The HID works fabulous. In addition, 2 x 18 w cree bars are also added to augment the overall throw. They work awesome and no dearth of visibility during night drive now. Will be attaching pics soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks