Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 00:08   #16
BHPian

I think the ones for petrol version are much cheaper as against the CRDI version, probably due the increased weight of the CRDI mill. Anyway Rs 40,000 is a lot of money for a pair of axles :( it kind of offsets the diesel advantage
Old 4th August 2009, 20:28   #17
BANNED

@pramodkumar

where the lancer diesel axle available for Rs.3800. I may need one , may be left side. send me the shop phone number where i can get it at this price.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:18   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
We need our bhpian 'SS Traveller' to comment upon this issue.
Dada! where are you?
I managed to miss this thread completely, and noticed it right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
I've already agreed to get the job done. It should be ready within a few hours. But do you think I'm being duped?
Oh yes, BD, I think you've been had... no offence meant though! So what was the final bill? Next time, shoot me a PM/email before you embark on expensive repairs.

The only time these drive shafts make noise is when the rubber boots covering the constant velocity joints are damaged/cracked. Dust in the joints destroys the joints' smooth movement, so the noise. Every single front drive car will have this problem once the rubber boots crack, and making a noise about the Accent CRDi's "common problem" being the culprit is not justified...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN
what you have is the problem with "drive shaft"... its a common problem with all CRDi Accents.
Could all front-drive car owners please volunteer information regarding the durability of their drive shafts, irrespective of make and model? Only then would you be able to figure out that blaming the Accent CRDi for frequent drive shaft failure (and other untold, unproved woes) is utter nonsense.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its not the shaft but the CV joint that fails. The minute the rubber boot gets a crack its just a ticking time bomb.

Here we have CV joint rebuild kits which will cost help fix the issue at a fraction of the cost. Dunno about the scene in India.
Old 4th August 2009, 21:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Right guys,
I'll have to tell you this as concise as I possibly can.

For the past 15 days, everytime I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left there's this clacking noise coming from somewhere in the front steering/suspension systems. I was unaware what the problem was and I took it to the hyundai service center. The technician took it for a test drive with me and noticed the noise and said this was a problem with the front shock absorber. He then said it wasn't a very serious issue and he'd replace it with the next service.

I then decided to get it fixed a week later and a different technician said he'll test drive it and see whats wrong. This guy said it was the front axle which was the problem and had to be replaced! On further questioning him if it was the suspension or the axle, he said both left and right axles had to be replaced! He then said the two axles would cost a total of Rs. 80,000!!! Even though I was a bit shocked I trusted him and said ok. He then started calling all the hyundai stores around delhi and finally said he could have it ready within a day and that both would cost a total of 40,000 and not Rs 80,000. This really shook me up. First he says 80,000, then he straight away drops to 40,000.

I'd really like your advice. I know you're all experienced motorists and auto enthusiasts. I don't know what to do. He says the axle will break if I continued to drive it without replacement.

The necessary details of my car are

Model - Hyundai Accent CRDi
Mileage - 1,10,000 Kms
Any major accident or damage - Never. The car is in immaculate condition.
Any major parts replaced - None. Only the necessary wear and tear parts as mentioned in the user manuals at 80,000/1 Lac kms.
Any problems before - Never. No breakdowns, no nothing.

I've already agreed to get the job done. It should be ready within a few hours. But do you think I'm being duped? If yes, should I take it up with hyundai or just let it be? He says he'll give me the old parts after its replaced.

Thanks in advance guys

PS: I did some googling and look what I found

Link 1 : NDTV Auto - Hyundai Accent CRDi User Review : Unreliable car, Like most Hyudai models problems occur after the 3rd year. Costly and painful - A Review on Hyundai Accent CRDi by Srao
Link 2 : Autocar India Forums: Axle problem Accent CRDi
Dear Freind , I have a CRDI 2004 model done 85000kms on mumbai roads practically . About 11 months back I noticed same situation as yours and the tik tik tik noise increased day by day whenever I took turns . One sunday I thought of getting it done once for all, and was going to my friend who has a workshop at bandra and he is a spesialist for Suspention,Brakes,Clutch,Axles jobs in mumbai ,he is a well known guyby name Babubhai oberoi .
I was going to him and when I was just a building away from his workshop left side axle totally broke and car stalled I could see small steel balls of the axle jiont lying on the road, we pushed the car to his workshop and he told me very coolely that it is no big problem and he started opening the both axles , in less then 2 hrs both axles were out , immediately he called his regular turnur at juhu to get a ready left axle (second hand with brand new joint pcs) and a axle boot. An hour later this person came with axle which looked absolutely new, he took away my damaged axle and asked me for money youwill be surprised at the amount he asked Rs.2400/- and gave guarrantee for 6 months. I have used the car for more then 25000kms and still no problem. This is Aasman and Paataal ka farak as compared to your costing of 40000/-for axle set
Old 4th August 2009, 22:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Its... the CV joint that fails.

Here we have CV joint rebuild kits which will cost help fix the issue at a fraction of the cost. Dunno about the scene in India.
CV joints are routinely repaired in India! Zamrudpur in Delhi has a number of drive shaft (CV joint) repairers, where you can drop off the old axle and pick up a refurbished one. Any common car is catered to. For uncommon cars, they repair the shaft given to them in a day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
...this person came with axle which looked absolutely new, he took away my damaged axle and asked me for money youwill be surprised at the amount he asked Rs.2400/- and gave guarrantee for 6 months. I have used the car for more then 25000kms and still no problem.
There you are. Where to get one in Mumbai too.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 4th August 2009 at 22:03.
Old 5th August 2009, 01:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
CV joints are routinely repaired in India! Zamrudpur in Delhi has a number of drive shaft (CV joint) repairers, where you can drop off the old axle and pick up a refurbished one. Any common car is catered to. For uncommon cars, they repair the shaft given to them in a day..
so there is your answer bydesign. After rebuilding your CVs will have.. larger balls of steel. (no pun intended)
Old 5th August 2009, 16:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
One sunday I thought of getting it done once for all, and was going to my friend who has a workshop at bandra and he is a spesialist for Suspention,Brakes,Clutch,Axles jobs in mumbai ,he is a well known guyby name Babubhai oberoi .
Iqbal can you please mention the exact location of Mr Babubhai's garage ? Thanks.
Rs 2400 is reasonably cheap for an overhauled accent CRDI axle and its already served for 25000 kms
Old 6th August 2009, 02:49   #24
BHPian

turnur = kharadiya in Hindi
if iam not mistaken
Old 7th August 2009, 19:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookey View Post
Iqbal can you please mention the exact location of Mr Babubhai's garage ? Thanks.
Rs 2400 is reasonably cheap for an overhauled accent CRDI axle and its already served for 25000 kms
Hi Spookey, First of all let me appologise for replying so late because I was not in town and had gone to Silwasa for a seminar.
You are asking for Babubhai's address and phone number here it is , in fact he has his own website www.oberaisuspension.com.
Address is Katra Bhuvan, 15th road,near Sahibaan Restaurant also another land mark although little away it is Mini punjab restaurant. his cell no. is
9920806885. You may quote my name IQBAL SINGH to him and you will definately get best of discount and service.Best of luck.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 7th August 2009 at 19:34.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
turnur = kharadiya in Hindi
if iam not mistaken
Yes dear absolutely right in typical north indian leheja.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai spares are somewhat expensive. On some other thread I mentioned that my friend bought home a used elantra and it had a hard clutch. He went to the Hyundai A.S.S and got it replaced with a bill of 27500. Here are the bills. I'm not sure how many are the clutch parts but I'm guessing all the ones from the 'Bolt' to the end form a clutch assembly. Take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Accent CRDi - Rs. 40,000 for axles-image1946.jpg  

Hyundai Accent CRDi - Rs. 40,000 for axles-image1941.jpg  

Hyundai Accent CRDi - Rs. 40,000 for axles-image1945.jpg  

Old 7th August 2009, 20:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hyundai spares are somewhat expensive. On some other thread I mentioned that my friend bought home a used elantra and it had a hard clutch. He went to the Hyundai A.S.S and got it replaced with a bill of 27500. Here are the bills. I'm not sure how many are the clutch parts but I'm guessing all the ones from the 'Bolt' to the end form a clutch assembly. Take a look.
Dear Friend, I will narrate to you my experience with shrinath hundai at mumbai . This is a year ago ,my CRDI was smoking black smoke I went to them and was told that after a trial I will come to know what is to be done and also estimate.
This so called service provider joker took the trial and instead of giving feed back of SMOKE he told me that clutch will have to be O/H along with smoke problem.
Iwas told that repairing to stop smoke will cost me 19000/- for injectors will be serviced and also the pump both will be sent to pune for service, clutch will cost 19500/- total around 40000/-.

Car was ready in 5 days and I was told the bill is 37890/- When I went to collect the car the car was smoking as it was earlier I was told that the diesel I filled was not good and I will have to drain 32ltrs of deisel I had in the tank and refill with fresh deisel.
Idid that also and the mechanics colllected the deisel in contaners the service washing guys use and took away my deisel by washing guys.
I filled new deisel again same smoking problem now they had no answer and I was told to come tomorrow for the car and next day when I went to collect the car it was not smoking now GOD knows what they did to it . I paid the amount and went away never to see these jokers again.
Other day I asked a MICO BOSCH service guy and told him about my smoking problem he told me that it only needs to block some pipe not required in mumbai weather,also some EVG valve will be servised and altogether it will cost around 1500/-. Now Iwill advise all hundai owners not to get carried away by their so called extensive knowledge about their product in fact they are not knowing their own product fully and do trial and error at our cost and learning new ideas on our cars to solve problems. There is no check by the compony on how they fllece the customers by charging them hapahazardly
Old 7th August 2009, 22:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other day I asked a MICO BOSCH service guy and told him about my smoking problem he told me that it only needs to block some pipe not required in mumbai weather,also some EVG valve will be servised and altogether it will cost around 1500/-. Now Iwill advise all hundai owners not to get carried away by their so called extensive knowledge about their product in fact they are not knowing their own product fully and do trial and error at our cost and learning new ideas on our cars to solve problems. There is no check by the compony on how they fllece the customers by charging them hapahazardly
Why am I smelling Skoda here!
Anyway in his, atleast,case the clutch job was done and is soft now. He is happy with the vehicle, but, regarding the bill he is still and
Old 8th August 2009, 05:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Spookey, First of all let me appologise for replying so late because I was not in town and had gone to Silwasa for a seminar.
You are asking for Babubhai's address and phone number here it is
Iqbal ji thanks a lot for the info and please dont appologize.
I have had similar bad expriences with hyundai dealers , one of them even swapped my accent's fuel pump during a routine service .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks