Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 14:19   #1
BANNED

Metal Restorer in cars to cut costs - Anybody tried?

when Browsing through TBhp, i came across 2 members used engine rematalizers to correct the compression, and their results were too good, and it made me to google around for similar products. I got three products. I have given their website and other details

Xado - Ukraine

XADO Products

* Patented Technology
* Has metal restore products for ball bearings, cylinders, other engine parts, CV joints, Power steering, Transmission, Fuel injector etc
* Dont have anything to restore Valves
* Claims to restore upto 40-80% for compression and ball bearings.
* Mostly in paste form
* Costly
* Its based on nano ceramic metal technology

Engine Restore - USA

Restore USA - Engine Restorer

* It has two products, one for engine restore to be mixed with oil)
* Other for fuel line restore
* Its in semi liquid form
* Cheap, compared to xado

RESURS - Russia

Lubricants (VMPAUTO eng) / Products / Products

* Its almost like xado, has all range of products
* It has an product for valve too
* Its based on nano metal technology, which comprises of copper, lead, etc..

All the above products claim to do restoration of metal parts, which had changed dimension during movement inside engines like cylinders, bearings, CV joints, gear wheels, Power steering assembly etc.

They claim that the nano particles in their product will just fill the cracks (also called worn out parts) when added to warm oil, and this process is slow, so that you have to drive for 1500-2000 kms in normal speed of 50 kms, in the process the particles will fill wherever friction occurs inside the moving parts, so that it can assure that only worn parts are rstored and not the other parts,

I had googled for reviews for these products, almost 80-90% users say its good, and saved break down time and cost. Resurs is available in Bangalore. Regarding other products i dont know where it is available.

Have anybody used other products, since 2 members used xado with positive results. Hope this thread will enlighten to those whose engines need restoration.

PS: Am not representative or dealer of these products, and its not advertising. Just to find those who used this service and make others to know about other option of restoration at low cost.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:05   #2
BHPian

is this the stuff where you pour it into the radiator to mix with the coolant, run the car and the coolant carries it to places where the head gasket is blown and it fills it and hardens there??? if it is then i wouldn't really trust that stuff.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:34   #3
BHPian

As per the weblinks it adds "ceramic" to the worn out parts.
This has been tried by a few BHP'ians and the thread has been started by 'finetuning" - My Experience With adding Boric Acid in Engine oil

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/14280-my-experience-adding-boric-acid-engine-oil.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks