Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 14:58   #1
SCH
BHPian

NHC 2004 Locks problem

I have a NHC 2004 model and in decent shape, sometime back somebody fiddled with the driver side lock and spoilt it, on inquiring at the Company service Center, they told me all four locks would have to be changed and it would cost around 12K, instead I got a central locking fitted and it has been working fine for the last two years. Recently I have a peculiar problem that sometimes the lever comes back, and if I bang the door a bit hard it works fine, I got the MINDA service chap over and he says that it is due to the faulty lock, Can any body suggest that i would get these locks cheaper in Delhi and not from the *** and if it is advisable to go for them.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I guess it's only the keyhole that's damaged? Cheap solution = swap the front door locks i.e. fit the one from the front passenger door to the drivers, and vice versa.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:50   #3
SCH
BHPian

Yes You are right, actually some one tries to open it in a parking lot and messed it up, I explained the same thing to a mechanic to swap it from the driver side to the other side, but he said it is not possible as it comes with a rod and all the locks are differently aligned, same was also told at the Honda Service center. I was thinking of purchasing a set from the kashmere gate market where you get Honda smuggled parts at half the cost, what do you suggest ? Earlier I had got the bearing of rear wheels changed from Honda smuggled parts, they costed me half the price and are running fine for the last 20 k km.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:11   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd go for OEM parts bought from the after-market. Am pretty certain that a popular car like the NHC should have a ready supply of parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks