Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2009, 08:34   #16
BHPian

Its gone, its gone, its gone . Got the car back last evening and the first thing I noticed was a near silient cabin. These guys went all out installing padding for all parts and wires that would make noise. Ended up costing only a few hundred bucks for all of it. There is a slight vibration from deep within for which they will need to remove the dashboard and may have to do something with the AC as well. Asked them the lay off for a while.

Feeling great about it and Metro Ford seems to have done a decent job with the other stuff too. Will know for sure only once I have driven around for a bit.

Parik
Old 11th October 2009, 13:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
Its gone, its gone, its gone .
Parik
"CONGRATULATIONS"

Last year I had to replace the silencer assembly in my Opel Corsa. A couple of weeks back I noticed a rattling noise when the engine is loaded and this keeps increasing as days went by. I checked the exhaust system and found the rattling noise repeated when shook. In my friend's garrage ( not A.S.S) he found the exhaust hanger rubbers cut due to hitting some Bangalore " Speed Breakers". These were replaced with Maruthi rubber hangers which are identical to the Corsa ones. Total cost RS.100-00 and problem solved.

Last edited by sudharma : 11th October 2009 at 13:35. Reason: add. info.& corrections.
Old 11th October 2009, 14:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its gone, its gone, its gone .
Congrats man! If I were you I would also account them for the earlier 16K paid !
Old 12th October 2009, 17:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Its gone, its gone, its gone . Got the car back last evening and the first thing I noticed was a near silient cabin. These guys went all out installing padding for all parts and wires that would make noise. Ended up costing only a few hundred bucks for all of it. There is a slight vibration from deep within for which they will need to remove the dashboard and may have to do something with the AC as well. Asked them the lay off for a while.

Feeling great about it and Metro Ford seems to have done a decent job with the other stuff too. Will know for sure only once I have driven around for a bit.

Parik
good to hear that parik!

OT: how much did the clutch assy cost and what all was replaced?
Old 19th October 2009, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Happy Diwali guys. The clutch replacement costed about 9.5K, all the componants were changed including the plate. Will post thje break up soon, need to refer to the bill for the exact costs of the comps.

Parik
Old 27th February 2011, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Re: Ford Ikon - Major rattling from under dashboard

Hi Guys,

Just thought I will update this. The rattling was back after the lat post. By then I had given up and chose to live with the noise than waste any more time on it.

In September 2010 on a trip to Mysore the car had to be driven over really bad terrain and when I returned to Bangalore I found that the noise was louder. So swearing that this will be the last time I took the car to metro Ford and told them to locate the noise and fix it. They did........ guess what? They found a 50 p coin in the AC duct . Tons of money and around 8 mechanics over 2 years could not locate the damn coin .

Parik
parik_ind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed