Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 07:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Swift Dzire (Vxi) - 4th gear vibrations

Guys, any updates on this? Sorry for waking up such an old thread. I am facing the exact same issue for my Skoda Rapid. It vibrates only on 4th gear even at a respectable rpm. This happens only when i press the accelerator. When i remove my feet off the gas, the gear lever vibrations if off. When i shift to 5th, the above problem just vanishes. It is just for 4th gear.
Old 14th July 2013, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
Guys, any updates on this? Sorry for waking up such an old thread. I am facing the exact same issue for my Skoda Rapid. It vibrates only on 4th gear even at a respectable rpm. This happens only when i press the accelerator. When i remove my feet off the gas, the gear lever vibrations if off. When i shift to 5th, the above problem just vanishes. It is just for 4th gear.

Nore than thje gear , i think the speed vs rpm is to blame. Try running at slightly higher rpms for 4th gear and inflate tires properly.
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 19:04   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
I guess this is problem exists in the 1.3 L DDiS engine but mostly seen in 3rd gear.

MASS says it is due to the high torque the engine generates so the transmission is given little play to take the torque and not destroy the transmission.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 03:12   #19
BHPian

I have a March 2009 Vista TDI. Same problem exists. Gear lever vibrates in 4th or 5th. But mostly in 4th. Its especially pronounced when I am accelerating from low speed especially when you are trying to recover from the lugging initiating zone (ie low engine rpm). TASS have no answer to this.

Mine is a cable shift gearbox. So basically no vibrations should be transmitted to the gear lever. But vibrations exist that means the shifter fork is in constant contact with the Synchro collar which is not a good sign and it will wear out faster and cause problems in future. Just my 2cents.
Old 7th September 2013, 16:35   #20
BHPian

It seems the issue was found out to be a dragging clutch caused due to excessive clutch pedal free play. Once the freeplay was adjusted the above problem has been solved.
Old 29th March 2016, 00:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am facing the same issue in my 2014 Ritz zxi 24 k on the odo. Previously it was in the 3rd gear, now shifted to 4th. The lever vibrates a lot and causes noises in the dashboard. No problem with acceleration. As soon as it vibrates, if I shift to neutral and back to 4th, it disappears. I will get the clutch play checked then and see if that helps.
Old 11th January 2017, 13:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I am facing the same issue in my 2014 Ritz zxi 24 k on the odo. Previously it was in the 3rd gear, now shifted to 4th. The lever vibrates a lot and causes noises in the dashboard. No problem with acceleration. As soon as it vibrates, if I shift to neutral and back to 4th, it disappears. I will get the clutch play checked then and see if that helps.
Bumping up. The issue has now cropped upto with 3rd and 4th gear. Gave it to Suraksha at Koramangala thrice but in vain. The last time 2 weeks back they changed the clutch and some bearing in the gearbox stating there is a play in the shaft. But the vibrations still exist. This only happens when I accelerate. If I let go of the accelerator there is no vibrations.

However, i tried experimenting because I was thinking it to be an issue with the Gear Lever bracket. I have been driving for the lat 2 weeks with the gear lever boot/cover off. The vibrations seem to have dissappeared. Also if I touch the lever and move it a bit the vibration is back. I am assuming the bracket is shot and with the cover on its not positioning correctly. This car was a display car at the showroom so it maybe possible that visitors have been mishandling the gear leading to spoiling the bracket.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks