Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 00:42   #1
BHPian

Swift Dzire (Vxi) - 4th gear vibrations

Hi All,

I have a Swift Dizire(Vxi) which is 1000Kms old. I am going to take it for servicing tomorrow. However before that I wanted an advice from experts on a problem I am facing.

In 4th gear, the gear lever vibrates a little which is annoying. It does not vibrate in any other gear, but just the 4th gear. The vibrations do make any sound, but if I put my palm on the lever, I can clearly feel those abnormal vibrations.

Is this expected?. What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance !!

_Vishal
Old 10th August 2009, 12:20   #2
BHPian

Hi Again,

I just returned from M.A.S.S. They are saying that this is common to all dzire/swifts and cannot be corrected. To be precise the words were - "This is how the system is designed in all the vehicles Sir".

Question to other Dzire/Swift (Petrol) owners - Is this true?. We cannot get rid of 4th gear vibrations on the gear lever ?.

Thanks

Regards
_Vishal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzire View Post
Hi All,

I have a Swift Dizire(Vxi) which is 1000Kms old. I am going to take it for servicing tomorrow. However before that I wanted an advice from experts on a problem I am facing.

In 4th gear, the gear lever vibrates a little which is annoying. It does not vibrate in any other gear, but just the 4th gear. The vibrations do NOT make any sound, but if I put my palm on the lever, I can clearly feel those abnormal vibrations.

Is this expected?. What could be the problem ?

Thanks in advance !!

_Vishal
Old 10th August 2009, 13:47   #3
gpa
Senior - BHPian

The mechanic is obviously feeding you wrong info. There is no such vibrations associated with the Dzire or Swift.

Some gear lever/knob vibrations are common when the car is new as all the components slowly bed in. Just cover a few more miles and this should stop once you near the 4,000 kms mark. If the vibrations still persit, you will have to get the car checked.
Old 10th August 2009, 13:53   #4
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your advice GPA.

I would then wait for a few more months and see how does it behave!. Thanks again

_Vishal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
The mechanic is obviously feeding you wrong info. There is no such vibrations associated with the Dzire or Swift.

Some gear lever/knob vibrations are common when the car is new as all the components slowly bed in. Just cover a few more miles and this should stop once you near the 4,000 kms mark. If the vibrations still persit, you will have to get the car checked.
Old 10th August 2009, 16:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I just returned from M.A.S.S. They are saying that this is common to all dzire/swifts and cannot be corrected. To be precise the words were - "This is how the system is designed in all the vehicles Sir".

Question to other Dzire/Swift (Petrol) owners - Is this true?. We cannot get rid of 4th gear vibrations on the gear lever ?
Hi,

I own a Swift Dzire-VXI from June-2008 till date, i cant feel any vibrations in the gear lever, the M.A.S.S mechanics are definitely making stories that all Swift's / Dzire's have this problem.

Get it checked thoroughly with the M.A.S.S guys.
Old 10th August 2009, 17:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Again,

Question to other Dzire/Swift (Petrol) owners - Is this true?. We cannot get rid of 4th gear vibrations on the gear lever ?.

Thanks

Regards
_Vishal
Does this occur at all rpms or is there a particular rpm band at which this occurs.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:44   #7
jav
BHPian

Drive another dzire to check whether the vibrations are there in the 4th gear.

Last edited by jav : 10th August 2009 at 18:46.
Old 10th August 2009, 21:22   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Drive another dzire to check whether the vibrations are there in the 4th gear.
absolutely right;it could be that you are shifting into fourth at a low speed and that could be resulting in engine vibrations and consequently some GB vibration.
Old 11th August 2009, 10:46   #9
BHPian

"absolutely right;it could be that you are shifting into fourth at a low speed and that could be resulting in engine vibrations and consequently some GB vibration."
Precisely why I asked abt the rpm.
"Does this occur at all rpms or is there a particular rpm band at which this occurs."
Old 11th August 2009, 11:30   #10
BHPian

I checked the vibrations yesterday carefully. I dont think this is is due to changing to 4th gear at low speed. The vibration on the gear lever comes only when I press accelerator in 4th gear. The vibration persist in all speeds as long as I in 4th gear. i.e, even @60-70kmph. As soon as I plug out my leg off the accelerator, the vibration vanishes.

As I am in run-in period, following Team-BHP advice, I try not to go beyond 2500rpm on any gear.

I have to check if I can get hold of another dzire to check this out. My friend has a Swift VXI and he too said that there should not be any vibrations. I will call up MASS again.

_Vishal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
absolutely right;it could be that you are shifting into fourth at a low speed and that could be resulting in engine vibrations and consequently some GB vibration.
Old 11th August 2009, 12:53   #11
BHPian

This should definately not be happening then, get it checked ASAP
Old 11th August 2009, 13:31   #12
BHPian

I just talked to MASS executive. He was starting the same story, but I insisted and several of friends confirmed that there was no such problem with their petrol Swift/Dzire. He then said that he would check other dzire's as well and get back.

In any case, I am most likely going to take my car to MASS this weekend (its far from home) and talk to mechanic directly.

_Vishal
Old 11th August 2009, 13:47   #13
Senior - BHPian

Let me know on the progress of your case. My colleagues Ritz also passes on heavy vibrations only in 3rd gear at whatever speed he drives. Other gears there are no issues.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:24   #14
BHPian

Sure Vineeth. I will keep this thread posted.

But what does MASS say about the RITZ 3rd gear vibrations ?. Any explanations given ?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Let me know on the progress of your case. My colleagues Ritz also passes on heavy vibrations only in 3rd gear at whatever speed he drives. Other gears there are no issues.
Old 12th June 2011, 15:09   #15
BHPian

Re: Swift Dzire (Vxi) - 4th gear vibrations

Did any one get to the root cause of the issue, I am seeing similar vibration on my Swift Zxi done 25000 kms. The lever vibrates in 4th gear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks