Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 11:07   #16
BANNED

re: My Indica Vista Drivetech-4: Never ending clutch Woes: Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
This is an experience of mine and an example of why TATA's sales are dwindling by the day due to their horrendous A**.
From your videos, it seems like a case of the clutch spring and the hinge not being lubricated or being misaligned. I feel you should take the car to a different ASC/private garage for a check up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
P.S. The title of the thread is a bit misleading IMHO, you could possibly state the problem at hand rather than a generic statement.
Completely agree. The title of the thread doesn't convey the message that you intend to.

It could be changed to something like "My Indica Vista Drivetech-4: Never ending clutch Woes: Need Help."
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 11:25   #17
BHPian

Re: My Indica Vista Drivetech-4: Never ending clutch Woes: Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sam.k - please PM me your mobile number immediately.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
It is great to have people like you in this community. And i must salute the effort you put in .

If only other manufacturers could take a learning and adopt a similar practice.
Old 15th March 2013, 13:06   #18
BHPian

Re: My Indica Vista Drivetech-4: Never ending clutch Woes: Need Help

Mods- Thanks for moving the thread to an apt location and renaming it as well...much appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
@sam.k - see if you can get the issue escalated beyond the A$$. It is pretty obvious that they are unwilling or unable to resolve said problems. Therefore if you want to have any hope of getting the vehicle to run well, Tata themselves need to get involved.

From your description of the noises it sounds like there is no lubrication.

Please let us know if things get resolved what the problem actually is
pganapathy- I second your point.From this experience,i am certain that TASC's approach on the whole towards an issue is very generic and not to the point.They assume most of the time that this could be the problem and then work on it.Be more assertive and they start to pacify the customer.Will keep this thread updated as and when things progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
For a start you could get the car checked at another TASC if you have already not done it. Like their cars, the service centres are also inconsistent when it comes to fault analysis.

P.S. The title of the thread is a bit misleading IMHO, you could possibly state the problem at hand rather than a generic statement.
Lukeskywalker - I have had this issue reported to 3 TASC's so far,two in Coimbatore and one in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sam.k - please PM me your mobile number immediately.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir- I have PM'ed my contact details.I truly appreciate you coming forward to help on this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
I completely agree with the title of the thread. This is clearly reflected in their current sales/revenue.

Reliability and quality is a major issue with Tata cars, and very little has changed over the years. (My experiences with Indica and Nano)

Unless Tata approaches quality with a war footing like the Japanese companies do, they are likely to be reduced to the taxi segment in India.
Bharat- You said it mate.They need to have a proper fault finding mechanism in place and the motivation to actually solve the issues for good.On the other hand i feel they should seriously have seperate A.S.S for taxi segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
From your videos, it seems like a case of the clutch spring and the hinge not being lubricated or being misaligned. I feel you should take the car to a different ASC/private garage for a check up.
Completely agree. The title of the thread doesn't convey the message that you intend to.
It could be changed to something like "My Indica Vista Drivetech-4: Never ending clutch Woes: Need Help."
Thanks devdath, for suggesting an apt title.Yes, there is something definitely at fault and TASC just cant seem to pin point it.Now the clutch is much harder than how it was before service and their suggestion for me is that it is an exception and have to live with it.
Old 15th March 2013, 23:22   #19
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica : Persistent issues with clutch

My quick 2 cents on escalation.
They do have a facebook page, please write there and I have seen people being lucky in getting a quick response from TATA directly (you may have to re-post a couple of times and still it is quick by their standards).

I can completely understand where you stand and your feeling as I was also cheated similarly. I peronally own a Indica Xeta and in the 3rd free service where they completly refill all the oils, they filled engine oil instead of brake fluid!!!! and the master cylinder went for a toss. I went to a reputed team outside of ASS and got the issue resolved and till date, the braking dept is at 95% as I did not replace the master cylinder. This car is still running intact as I never ever went into a TASS again (barring once when I wanted to test how they have progressed, but no change).

I had persuaded my sisters (their husbands infact) to go for a TATA, one bought an Indica DLS (then VISTA was not launched), and second a VISTA. Both are running good. The first one and myself are in Kerala and we give at the same service center outside of ASS. The second one is at Salem and is just an year old, so in ASS, but the feedback is OK. As you told, their cars and ASS varies considerably from one to another. You can never compare one to another.

The ONLY way out is to know a local service center guy outside of ASS, build a rapo with him and get it done there. However, I love TATA vehicles (not their QA and ASS) for the "desi" tag and I will buy a TATA only looking at that.
Old 17th March 2013, 17:36   #20
BHPian

Here is the update... Got a call from the the Tata motors regional office requesting me to hand over the car to look into the issue. Since I had to travel to Bangalore, decided to drop the car off at Concorde motors, dairy circle branch, amd morover i wasnt comfortable with the same TASC 's in Coimbatore. I am being told that an engineer from Tata motors is scheduled to arrive tomorrow to look into the concerned issue.Keeping my fingers crossed now.

I also observe that the clutch noise and roughness is still there after the 300 and odd km drive to Bangalore. This once again proves that the TASC at Coimbatore got their fault finding analysis completely wrong and their claim that the problem would never resurface after day before's service is questionable. Somehow the follow up part on behalf of Tata motors customers care are doing a commendable job, it's at the technical level where the TASC often fails.

Sam

Last edited by Sam.k : 17th March 2013 at 17:42.
Old 21st March 2013, 13:03   #21
BHPian

Its a happy ending .

Concorde motors had my car ready for pick up by Tuesday afternoon.Had a chance to interact with a couple of service and technical seniors from TATA motors,Pune and Bangalore who explained the nuances of the engineering and working related to the issue.The entire clutch pedal assembly has been replaced with a new one which also happens to be a revised design doing its job in the current Vista's(lx,vx etc...).Not willing to take chances,the service team has also replaced all the necessary components in the clutch assembly as well to ensure even wear and tear.Before heading out for a test drive to check the heating and the subsequent roughness/hardness issue,we checked the pedal force with a meter which read 8.6(don't know the units).The same read around 13.5-13.8 before the service exceeding the limit of 13.After driving for around 13 odd kms in the evening rush hour traffic,the pedal force was rechecked which read 9.1-9.3.During the drive the clutch was the lightest it have been since the 5000km mark and the car felt much much lighter to drive overall.

One are of concern is that a certain amount of grittiness develops still upon the engine heating up and the same can be heard inside the cabin after switching off the engine(easily audible from outside).But the same doesn't affect the clutch lightness so i guess i am ok with it.The engineers have termed this as operational noise and have asked me to monitor its behavior in the days to come and keep them updated on any developments and that's what i am doing now.

Appreciate the effort and the time put in by the TATA team and a very special thanks to to them.I would also like to express my gratitude to our fellow BHP'ian DHABHAR.BEHRAM for taking notice and going out of the way to get the issue resolved.If TATA can mettle out such service at the service network level,that will be a major breakthrough for people to take notice and infuse the much needed trust.

As i had mentioned earlier, it is the TASC's Fault finding analysis.Had it been spot on on the first or second instance,i wouldn't have been subject to all the headache, running around and escalations since the last year or so and so many unwarranted clutch assy's replacements could have been avoided.All said and done its better late than never
Sam.k is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks