Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 20:08   #46
BHPian

i have faced the paint mismatch problem with my red colored swift in the past. it was done at apra auto which i believe has a very high quality paint shop. the paint difference was pretty visible with naked eye.

wrt Linea, i am guessing if the problem reoccurs in the same area, i would demand a replacement of the boot lid.

i know i am practically chickening out at this point of time. but the time and effort that would be required to get the dickey replaced is simply out of the question for me right now. and looking at the quality of work done by fiat, i am afraid that i would face more problems with the boot lid if it is replaced at the service center (fitting and finish).

they have failed to fix the problem connected to the wiper nozzle. for that i am considering going to the bosch service station in delhi. i have heard here on this forum that bosch makes high quality wipers which are much better than OEM products.
Old 20th August 2009, 13:02   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why are you assuming that there will be a paint mismatch? ASC's are the best place for painting work, their results will be closest to manufacturer's. If you are so uncomfortable then talk to Fiat about it. Right now they are bending over backwards to keep their customer's happy and I am sure they will give you a patient ear. You could check out different dealers paint facilities if that will help you gain faith in the dealer's paint quality.
Agree. I got front bumper replaced (accidental) painted in F. Red at TASS. Absolutely no difference with body color at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
wrt Linea, i am guessing if the problem reoccurs in the same area, i would demand a replacement of the boot lid.

i know i am practically chickening out at this point of time. but the time and effort that would be required to get the dickey replaced is simply out of the question for me right now.
they have failed to fix the problem connected to the wiper nozzle.
IMO, You should excercise Boot Replacement as a permanent solution. Rusting has a deadly habit of resurfacing at areas you could least imagine. Permanent solution demands atleast that sort of time & effort to avoid sleep later which will consume 2-3 times more time & effort later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
they have failed to fix the problem connected to the wiper nozzle.
What was that? did the Wiper nozzle become slightly loose?
Old 27th August 2009, 20:57   #48
BHPian

Sushubh I really feel sorry for you after seeing your after sales experience. I dont know if we are lucky or what but after 3 months and 4000 Km of owning a linea we've had no problems whatsoever, apart from the standard chrome strips coming loose. But after seeing your case I just went through the Warranty manual and here's what I found on page 7:

ANTI Perforation WARRANTY
The structural elements of the body originally mounted on the vehicle are warranted against perforations due to corrosion originating from the inside the structural element towards its outside. The warranty covers repair/substitution of any of the original structural elements of the body, which has undergone perforation due to corrosion within the period of 24 months or 80,000 Kms (whichever is earlier) from the delivery of the vehicle.
The warranty does not cover:

The deterioration due to negligence or non-compliance of the prescriptions as defined on the pages 4, 5 & 6 of the Warranty service book or external causes such as accident, projection of stones and gravel, pollution etc.

The fitting of certain accessories not recommended by the manufacturer.

Those body elements, repaired or modified or fitted outside the FIAT - TATA Authorized Dealer / Service Dealer Network.

I guess you just found your answer. Wonder if you've been through it?
Old 27th August 2009, 23:15   #49
BHPian

well the dealer did the patch work. seems to be doing fine for the time being. i guess i am covered for a period of two years. i can safely say i am happy with what was done in the boot.

i would check the spot regularly to see if the problem appears again. then i would go for the longer replacement struggle route.

as for the wipers, the driver side unit vibrated pretty badly when i was at the service station after the washing.

i have not checked it again as rains have disappeared from the scene.

i am pretty relieved to be driving the car nowadays without any known problem. i just want to avoid a trip back to the service station before 3K! i have already made too many.

thanks for all the support! i would update this thread if anything happens on the rust front again.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as for the wipers, the driver side unit vibrated pretty badly when i was at the service station after the washing
I had the same problem an the wiper was wobbling and making a intermittent screaching noise. got it inspected at TASS and they got it replaced FOC. Now it works fine
Old 29th August 2009, 17:46   #51
BHPian

I do not think any manufacturer will give an ANTI Perforation WARRANTY if there was a continuous feedback about rusting. The very fact that manufacturer is giving warranty means that he is sure about the product being rust resilient.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:44   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

TATA = TRUST
FIAT = RUST

The T makes a difference
Lets not make sweeping statement without proof. I have seen seen even my brother's Honda city that rusts in 3 months time and patching up was done .
Old 1st September 2009, 22:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Confirms my belief:

TATA = TRUST
FIAT = RUST

The T makes a difference
BS.

My Indica got rusted really badly and had holes near the bottom of the door.
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
firstguri, want to check post 60 on this thread?

Before shooting your mouth off about no source, link etc.
I did and it led me nowhere, which is exactly where this discussion was headed till Amit, Karizma and I spoke up.

We have owners of Fiats made in 2002 or thereabouts stating that our cars have not rusted in over 7 years. At least two of the Fiat owners have bought the cars in this year after checking for corrosion. Now you have it from the 'horses mouth'. I cannot think of a better source.

Cheers,
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:34   #55
BANNED

@hrag : Again by your logic i believe forum members can give you a good number of photographs with some rust ranging from Ambassdors to Mercedes , may be a Rolls too
.You have posted a link with just a photo of a palio with rust and that too at a place where i cannot even imagine formation of rust unless been in accident.

Also please let me know what you meant to implement by posting that photo ?
I hope not that 1 Fiat has rust So all fiats all around the world have rust.

Peace.
Attached Thumbnails
Rusting problem in Fiat Linea-img000801.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2009, 00:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@hrag : Again by your logic i believe forum members can give you a good number of photographs with some rust ranging from Ambassdors to Mercedes , may be a Rolls too
.You have posted a link with just a photo of a palio with rust and that too at a place where i cannot even imagine formation of rust unless been in accident.

Also please let me know what you meant to implement by posting that photo ?
I hope not that 1 Fiat has rust So all fiats all around the world have rust.

Peace.
How did you manage to find that pic? Everytime I clicked that linky I went to posts 719 to 733 which had pics of a SX4, Alto and Santro.

I too am surprised at the location of the corrosion, the extent and the clear line. I wonder if the corrosion was due to accident repair when this car was rear ended by someone who actually believed the 'experts' and 'oracles' who loudly proclaim that Palio has no brakes, only to have this car stop in front of him!

Cheers,
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:04   #57
BANNED

@hrag ; You still do not get it.I would just say we must all be logical in our approach .
Ok you tell me if you go to buy Bisleri or any brand and you find dirty water in it .
What does it implement ?
1.)Bisleri on a whole is pathetic and gives bad water.(Not my View)
2.)Bisleri is Duplicate.(MayBe)
3.)Improper Storage .(MayBe)
4.)The shop owner adulterated it.(MayBe)
5.)The conatiner carrying the bottles met with an accident and hence the bottle was resealed and sold .(MayBe)

I am not good at describing but i look forward to your views so i can understand how you can say Few Fiat cars have rust so it implements all fiat cars all around the world have rust.

@Ravveendra: No magic tricks. I just clicked on link in @hrag post 60 and i got the pics.
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I would just say we must all be logical in our approach .
Ok you tell me if you go to buy Bisleri or any brand and you find dirty water in it .
What does it implement ?
1.)Bisleri on a whole is pathetic and gives bad water.(Not my View)
2.)Bisleri is Duplicate.(MayBe)
3.)Improper Storage .(MayBe)
4.)The shop owner adulterated it.(MayBe)
5.)The conatiner carrying the bottles met with an accident and hence the bottle was resealed and sold .(MayBe)
OT: Logically, I would just avoid that brand and then tell all my friends to do so too. I dont want to go into the history of why dirty water got into a bottle.

Might be different for you...
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
OT: Logically, I would just avoid that brand and then tell all my friends to do so too. I dont want to go into the history of why dirty water got into a bottle.

Well said , infact I liked your approach, no manufacturer be it Tata, Fiat, Maruti, etc would miss on processes, but what matters is that whether the issue has been resolved to customer satisfaction, and how the customer takes it up, if you are Mr. Angry and go around shouting in the service station, there wont be any solution, be decent and you can get anything out of the manufacturer.

By not listening, replacing, repairing the manufacturer will not become richer, and they know this pretty well, its just about perseverance
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:24   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post

Well i am not arguing but in Delhi (NCR) i have seen all brand's water bottles carrying dirty water at some time or other.So people will remain thirsty i guess.

Coming back to the topic the person who started this thread has already has already had a solution to his problem.
And what is the big deal about rust our 800 done over 3.5 lac kms has no rust whatsoever .It all boils down to drive hard , clean harder to clean that muck else rust will happen no matter whether it is a piece of nail or a Rolls .Just rolls would take longer to rust.
I really do not want to waste the precious bandwidth / hard disk space about a no issue so i am out of here .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 2nd September 2009 at 16:28.

Most Viewed