Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:25   #61
BHPian

Long time back there was a bruhaha about cadbury's and some cola drinks as as worms were found in chocolates and Colas were said to contain poisonous chemicals. Have people stopped consuming them? I don't think so. I think this post is now meandering towards meaningless. Mods are requested to take note as nothing of value is being deduced here.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

Cars usually rust due to :

1) Weather
2) Water (The kind which is used to wash the car)
3) Quality of Repaint/Repair (A repainted area will rust first)

My indica rusted in Kolkata's humid weather and washing in hard water. Repair/Repaints were not part of the equation.

My accent too developed some rust during the end of its life.

But the indica had way more rust in 3 yrs, as compared to the Accent in 5 yrs.

My Indica was a V2.
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Guys, why are we going to such great lengths to cover up the facts? The fact is that the OP's car has rusted in one month & that is completely unacceptable - or is it???
Old 3rd September 2009, 09:20   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Guys, why are we going to such great lengths to cover up the facts? The fact is that the OP's car has rusted in one month & that is completely unacceptable - or is it???
OP's car? Is that another one?

I thought this thread was about the spot of rust on the underside of the dickie on Sushubh's car - spot was removed, cleaned and painted by the dealer. Yes, there was a defect in the thread starters car, no one was denying it. Information on who to contact in Fiat came in quickly. That matter was resolved (perhaps not to the satisfaction of all as some were expecting Fiat to give a new car, replace the dickie panel etc. - but resolved nevertheless).

Please explain which facts are being covered up and by whom.

Cheers,
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:03   #65
Team-BHP Support

OP = Original Poster = Sushubh !
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:56   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

OP = Original Poster = Sushubh !
Thanks Eddy, appreciate your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Please explain which facts are being covered up and by whom.
Its just that I felt that the OP's problem was taking a back seat during the all-out defence of Fiat products. Some examples that lead me to conclude thus (and I'm not pointing fingers at specific people)......

Quote:
By the look at the place where it has rusted . It is possible that someone must have used some sharp edged object which had the paint peeling off and due to rains it has started rusting .Also paint process is completely robotized so there is no chance that the spot was not painted .
Quote:
I haven't seen a Fiat Siena or Palio require a rust repair job in seven years.
Quote:
Rest assured, rusting is not normal - not even on Fiats.
Quote:
Just because one car from Fiat has some rust in a odd place that does not mean the manufacturer is bad
Quote:
Also regarding paint shop FIAT paint shop is currently the most advanced in India .
Quote:
Any panel with rust on the surface can be cleaned and repainted making it last a lifetime. It is always wise to look for rust in all metal products and to arrest the corrosion before it does real damage.
Quote:
Yeah even I think that this rust thing is being blown a bit out of proportion. Just if someone has got a problem that doesn't mean that all the cars will have too. Hasn't any other car apart from a Fiat have had rusting problems? BTW Fiat cars being infamous for rusting is news to me!
Quote:
Again by your logic i believe forum members can give you a good number of photographs with some rust ranging from Ambassdors to Mercedes , may be a Rolls too
Quote:
I too am surprised at the location of the corrosion, the extent and the clear line. I wonder if the corrosion was due to accident repair when this car was rear ended by someone who actually believed the 'experts' and 'oracles' who loudly proclaim that Palio has no brakes, only to have this car stop in front of him!
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Suman, the above quotes were given when someone was generalizing the whole thing as Fiat = Rust!

And we all know that rust can happen to any car of any brand!
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:15   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Long time back there was a bruhaha about cadbury's and some cola drinks as as worms were found in chocolates and Colas were said to contain poisonous chemicals. Have people stopped consuming them? I don't think so. I think this post is now meandering towards meaningless. Mods are requested to take note as nothing of value is being deduced here.
+1 To NutsNBolts..! I too agree with you with my eyes closed and moreover this thread is moving closer to meaningless..!
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:29   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Its just that I felt that the OP's problem was taking a back seat during the all-out defence of Fiat products. Some examples that lead me to conclude thus (and I'm not pointing fingers at specific people)......
Similarly, you must ask OP's opinion/ feedback as well. Which he had clearly posted quite earlier about his satisfaction to the way his complaints have been solved. One just needs to scroll back a few posts/ pages
Old 30th January 2010, 17:23   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
well the dealer did the patch work. seems to be doing fine for the time being. i guess i am covered for a period of two years. i can safely say i am happy with what was done in the boot.

i would check the spot regularly to see if the problem appears again. then i would go for the longer replacement struggle route.

as for the wipers, the driver side unit vibrated pretty badly when i was at the service station after the washing.

i have not checked it again as rains have disappeared from the scene.

i am pretty relieved to be driving the car nowadays without any known problem. i just want to avoid a trip back to the service station before 3K! i have already made too many.

thanks for all the support! i would update this thread if anything happens on the rust front again.

Sushubh, how is the painted portion on the rusted part ? Hope rust has not reappeared again as we havent heard any update from you.

Btw, is your car minimal grey in colour ?
Old 30th January 2010, 17:28   #71
BHPian

yeah my car is the light grey colored version. not sure about the exact name fiat has given it.

as for the rust patch. i have not checked it in a long time. i rarely open up the boot. i would check it out next time i go out if you want...

it was a very small area that rusted. rainy season is yet to arrive. things would become more interesting then.

i fear rains more than anything else. stupid wipers. wiper nozzles have been malfunctioning since day one. fiat guys would try quick fixes everytime i take my car there. and this is what i get:

And my car's health sensors go berserk if i drive through a moderate patch full of water.

last couple of months have been great (winters of course). let's see what happens in the coming months!

Last edited by Sushubh : 30th January 2010 at 17:32.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:39   #72
BANNED

There is no malfunctioning it only needs a slight adjustment.
Could you please explain the health sensor thing as i have not come across another such case in Fiat.
Old 30th January 2010, 17:48   #73
BHPian

Many have reported wobbling of wipers on the front driver side.
Otherwise the wipers are one of the Best i have seen.

Some TASS have claimed that the wobbling is due to the wiper motor which could be faulty.

btw, what is health sensor ?

Last edited by bnzjon : 30th January 2010 at 18:00.
Old 30th January 2010, 18:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And my car's health sensors go berserk if i drive through a moderate patch full of water
I too dont have a heath sensor in my car. can someone here tell me where to find it?
Old 30th January 2010, 18:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post

And my car's health sensors go berserk if i drive through a moderate patch full of water.

More importantly how do you know they have gone berserk? Is there something you see on the MID?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks