Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 23:00   #1

Accent CRDI Advise

Hello All,

I have been using Accent CRDI a second hand car (bought in a very good condition from a friend) for the past 2 years and require advise on the following.

1. Of late the clutch has become rock hard to press. The Hyundai Service folks told me that they have to repair the clutch set and that it would cost Rs.10,000. Will be glad if any one can throw light on what could be the problem and if it would really cost Rs.10K to repair the hard clutch.

2. I was owning Fiat Uno Petrol before buying Accent CRDI. My Uno would zip thru inspite of being a 8 year old car, where as I feel that my Accent diesel doesn't seem to respond so well after 60000 KM in 4.5 years.
I get the car religiously serviced by Hyundai Service and change all the things that they recommend during servicing. Is it natural for a diesel car to loose it punch after 5 years of running or am I being taken for a ride by the servicing center?

3. It is generally said that Sedans are comfortable to drive on highways. I keep driving down to my native (about 250Km from Bangalore) often in Accent Crdi and used to feel tired after the drive. Last week I drove my cousin's New Wagon R to my native and the drive was refreshing and even my aged parents stated that they did feel the strain. I felt quite confident and in control when I was driving Wagon R at 100-110KM/Hr but I never felt that control or had confidence driving my Accent at the same speeds. Does any one have answer?

4. Currently I am running on Michelin tubeless tyres which have to be replaced. Hyundai Service folks suggested that I go for Bridgestone tyres. Pl advise if I should go for tubeless again and which brand?

5. Some one suggested that I replace my conventional wheels with alloy wheels for ease of driving and better control? It is true? If yes, can you suggest me a good brand of Alloy wheels and which model/type I should go for my Accent Crdi.

6. Lastly, does any one know a good mechanic/service center in BANGALORE who can help me to keep my car in good shape.

your advise will be greatly valued.

regards,
Marur
Old 16th August 2009, 14:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmarur View Post
Hello All,

I have been using Accent CRDI a second hand car (bought in a very good condition from a friend) for the past 2 years and require advise on the following.

1. Of late the clutch has become rock hard to press. The Hyundai Service folks told me that they have to repair the clutch set and that it would cost Rs.10,000. Will be glad if any one can throw light on what could be the problem and if it would really cost Rs.10K to repair the hard clutch.

2. I was owning Fiat Uno Petrol before buying Accent CRDI. My Uno would zip thru inspite of being a 8 year old car, where as I feel that my Accent diesel doesn't seem to respond so well after 60000 KM in 4.5 years.
I get the car religiously serviced by Hyundai Service and change all the things that they recommend during servicing. Is it natural for a diesel car to loose it punch after 5 years of running or am I being taken for a ride by the servicing center?

3. It is generally said that Sedans are comfortable to drive on highways. I keep driving down to my native (about 250Km from Bangalore) often in Accent Crdi and used to feel tired after the drive. Last week I drove my cousin's New Wagon R to my native and the drive was refreshing and even my aged parents stated that they did feel the strain. I felt quite confident and in control when I was driving Wagon R at 100-110KM/Hr but I never felt that control or had confidence driving my Accent at the same speeds. Does any one have answer?

4. Currently I am running on Michelin tubeless tyres which have to be replaced. Hyundai Service folks suggested that I go for Bridgestone tyres. Pl advise if I should go for tubeless again and which brand?

5. Some one suggested that I replace my conventional wheels with alloy wheels for ease of driving and better control? It is true? If yes, can you suggest me a good brand of Alloy wheels and which model/type I should go for my Accent Crdi.

6. Lastly, does any one know a good mechanic/service center in BANGALORE who can help me to keep my car in good shape.

regards,
Marur
Dear Friend, I own a Accent 2004 done 85000kms and I too got to replace the clutch assly at 48000kms and same here the *** guys told me the clutch job will cost around 14000 to 15000/- but got it done outside from a local mechanic and comleted it 7000/-totally.
Get the injectors,EGV ,turbocharger servised at any diesel pump service centre they charge around 1200/- for the same.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:18   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Of late the clutch has become rock hard to press.
Hydraulics problem. Minor adjustment required, can't be so expensive. Doesn't Bangalore have a Hyundai Motor Plaza (HMP)?

Quote:
Is it natural for a diesel car to loose it punch after 5 years of running or am I being taken for a ride by the servicing center?
Check engine compression - ask a mechanic to check with a compression meter.
Quote:
3. I never felt that control or had confidence driving my Accent at the same speeds. Does any one have answer?
Check suspension struts. I routinely drive at speeds you quote, and my Viva CRDi handles better than a WagonR, or even my own Swift, at 100+ km/h.

Quote:
Tubeless is fine. Don't fit lower-profile tyres than recommended - 70 profile tyres are recommended.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

regards,
Marur
IMO 1&2 are related to each other. Clutch is definitely a culprit to some extent. Heavy clutch is a sign of clutch failure and may need replacement. You can't know unless you open the whole thing hence replacement at this point in time is the best option. Clutch slippage is the reason for relatively less responsive car.

Q3 - Your Car needs tyre change as well as a look at the brakes.

Q4 - you may go in for Bridgestones but only go for Turanzas or Potenza G IIIs.

Q5 - Alloys may not contribute much towards your car control.Alloys dissipate heat faster and cools the wheels, tyres and brakes faster. Makes braking more effective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks