Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 16:12   #1
BHPian

Baleno AC and Fan problems

The AC and fan in my baleno have been acting a bit strangely of late.
During hot afternoons the AC and fan both switchoff/ works intermittently. Things are normal if I switch it on again after some time, but if it is hot the problem reoccurs.

Thank god its cool and raining since last week in hyd and have not been using the AC.

Any specific reason anyone can think of, before I take it to MASS to hear some reasons to make my wallet lighter.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:47   #2
BANNED

What is the temperature being shown ?It is possible when you use ac temp is rising and hence the ECM switches off AC to cool it .
How much Kms has you car done?
Old 26th August 2009, 23:50   #3
BHPian

THe A/C will cut off if the temperature is in the red. Check yout temp gauge next time that happens. Also how do you know your fan is not working? Did you check with the A/C on?
Old 27th August 2009, 00:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

Check the gas level, might be running low. Low pressure means ac cut off.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Check the gas level, might be running low. Low pressure means ac cut off.
If this is the case then this should happen all the time why only during the hot afternoons. Just trying to understand better and not questioning your views. However there may be merit in what you say since I have not bothered with any refills for the last 4 years.

@fiery enzyme

The temp gauage shows normal readings, and the fan just stops blowing air, and am assuming that the AC also switches off since the load on the engine reduces.

@ trust in thrust
I dont drive a car with Auto climate control but slider is pushed to the coolest My car is done 24 k
Old 16th April 2010, 02:17   #6

[COLOR=black]Hey Kiran ![/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I've just come across the same problem in my Baleno too :( A/C cutoff when it is too hot![/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]It actually has a history. A couple of weeks ago I was driving to town from andheri and it was a hot sunny day. All of the sudden the A/C Fan cutoff. I could sense it that only the fan had cutoff and the compressor was still on. I could feel the usual pressure on the pickup when the A/C is on when I engaged the A/C button, but there was no air blowing thru the vents. After driving for 10 more minutes, I could see that the temperature needle was climbing. And before I could react, the engine died out at the very next signal. Luckily it was afternoon and there wasn't much of traffic behind me. When I looked under the hood, it had liquid spilled all over and whoa, the radiator cap was sitting loose on top of the radiator. All the water + coolant were drained. It wasn't too hard to imagine that the car had just returned from service the previous day and those guys would have left the cap open.... I topped up the radiator with water and a box of coolant right way and the car was back on track minus the A/C fan.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I took the car back to the service station next morning and gave a piece of my mind to the guy for leaving the radiator cap open.... He played around a bit and finally managed to fix the A/C fan...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]It worked fine for 2 weeks, but today it conked off again, and I know for sure, it is the fan, not the compressor...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]And consistent with your issue[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black], the car was parked in the sun (normally park it in shade) all afternoon and at about [/COLOR][COLOR=black]3 PM[/COLOR][COLOR=black] when I took the car out (it was very hot), the A/C fan stopped working after about 10 minutes of running. Later when I tried again in the evening at about [/COLOR][COLOR=black]10 PM[/COLOR][COLOR=black], the fan was running fine.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Please share what did you do to correct your problem.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Also requesting the Gurus to shed some light on the issue. It is very frustrating to go without the A/C (or the fan) in the summer....[/COLOR]
Old 17th April 2010, 00:53   #7
BHPian

HI SPeedster its a common issue with Baleno ac u need to check the Fan earthing cable which is on left hand side Headlight or near the Show grill as well, which earths to the Horn, when the engine is warm it need more power i dont know the logic but yes either one if it is loose or disconnected this happens, so check for any disconnected wires or loose ones the places i mentioned, it would work great after that.
Old 27th April 2010, 20:53   #8

Thanks Monster2 for the response, despite the garbled up post (wondering how that happened in the first place)

Per your reply, I checked the earthing cable, it looked fine to me. So I took it back to a nearby A/C workshop.
The guy pulled out the cable below the fuse box and showed me that it was totally burnt out

The fuse that sits on top of the connector was fine, but the cable below it was not. He added a new fuse connector for the A/C fan and it has been working fine ever since. Costed me 500 bucks for them to figure out the problem and the cost of the new fuse connector....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks