Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 22:00   #16
BHPian

Even if the eneven panel gaps can be forgiven, the encircled panel is to worry about, whether it has been tinkered/repainted as a result of s scratch or even an impact.
Old 26th August 2009, 22:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
In portions pointed out below, there appears to be dried paint in between the bumper and panel!!
It IS indeed repainted, no doubt about it. Factory fitment of the bumper and panel occurs after they are painted, so there should be no paint filling the gap as seen here - a narrow paper or plastic strip should slide in easily.

Also, difficult to judge from pics alone, but the other panels seem to have more shine - there's more reflection from the surface apparently.
Old 26th August 2009, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just one suggestion.

Stay away. Now even if the car is ok, you will have douts in your mind. Ask them to give you another car. The bumper gaps are nothing abnormal but as mentioned by someone, they look repainted. No words for the dash panel gaps. Looks like Tata will overtake Hyundai in Quality pretty soon.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:16   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, i wouldnt be concerned about the gaps in the corners of the bumpers... but the bumper/panel seems to be repainted!!

In portions pointed out below, there appears to be dried paint in between the bumper and panel!!
Attachment 180658
yes,i agree to this, its certainly over sprayed.
Old 27th August 2009, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

First of all, thank all of you guys for the quick replies. I've not had access to the internet for the last 14 hours, very annoying in this time where I really needed your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Since you have not signed on any registration forms, nor taken delivery, you have nothing to lose (worst case scenario if dealer is not cooperating).
Exactly. Form 20 is in my possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
@flyingspur - I will take a look at my car and revert tomorrow about the state of mine on the points you have raised.
Thank you for making that effort !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
It's your hard earned money...
My dad's, and this is the first time I'm handling the purchase of a new car all by myself. Not going to disappoint him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Eagle eye you've got mate. Make sure they don't pull a fast one on you. Till you're 100% satisfied, put it on hold.
Actually one doesn't need an eagle eye to notice what I did. The bumper, yes, but the interior panel fitting was glaringly obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Something about which noone has commented - looking at the encircled portion I certainly feel it has been repainted.
With regards to the bumper, the panel gap itself isn't the issue, the paint is. It's clearly been repainted as most of you have also observed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Isn't the Godown somewhere between Bhiwandi and Taloja? I remember seeing a lot of Hyundai's there. If its post 6.00 PM I can come there after my office.
Thank you so much Amtak. Yes, the godown is at Taloja but I called for the car at the dealership opposite Andheri because I had no time go to all the way there.

One thing I forgot to mention, the odo read 67km but the trip meter on the dash display read 49.something kms. I don't know what to infer from that.

Quote:
... but the bumper/panel seems to be repainted!!

Exactly my concern.

Anyway,

I've decided to reject the car. I need to prepare for a few things in advance. Will I have to cancel my booking and re-order a new car? Won't they charge me some cancellatio charges? If yes, typically what should they be?

Alternatively, can I just ask them to allot me a different car for the same booking? I don't see how and why that should be a problem at all, it's their internal matter and they have to sort it out. I'm not going to pay cancellation charges on a defective car !!

Thank you!

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th August 2009 at 12:30.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:16   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Alternatively, can I just ask them to allot me a different car for the same booking?
Yup, its easy for them to do so. And no, strictly no charges either.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

I am sure it will not be a big issue to get another car. Btw, my car is ok in both areas pointed out by you, but I hadn't looked at it that close. Now that I do, I noticed a small bump in the rear bumper, near the number plate. Since the car is more than a month old now, and nothing else is the matter with it, this leaves me undisturbed.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:21   #23
BHPian

IMO correct descision to reject the car , it is surely repainted.
I have doubts about the dash gaps, it could be because of a strong impact as well.
6+ lacs is not a joke.
Old 27th August 2009, 15:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

You are paying for a new car and you have every right to expect it. Just do not compromise even if it means walking away.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

First of all, to answer with your quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Btw, my car is ok in both areas pointed out by you, but I hadn't looked at it that close.
Thank you so much for checking. Appreciate the effort !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
IMO correct descision to reject the car , it is surely repainted.
I have doubts about the dash gaps, it could be because of a strong impact as well.
6+ lacs is not a joke.
It isn't a joke, no. And the repaint + unsatisfactory fit and finish in a car I fell in love with for the interiors is enough a reason for me to reject the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
You are paying for a new car and you have every right to expect it. Just do not compromise even if it means walking away.
If I walk away, what would be the charges I am liable to pay? Should I even be paying anything for their mistake in providing me with a defective car?

Thanks everyone again. This is really frustrating as I have no access to internet these days and have to walk half a km just to reply to the thread and raise my doubts. Anyway, I let the dealership know that I'm rejecting the car. They're trying to get me to accept it or pay charges for cancellation, but I'm not budging. We had an agreement and my part was to accept a flawless car, which I'm not going to leave unfinished. Their part was to provide me one, and they're trying to wriggle out of it and have me pay. Not happening.

There is one matter of consideration though. Since the stockyard was too far away, I asked them to bring the car to the dealership for my inspection. They did so, and paid octroi charges for the car. On this basis they claim the car has been billed to my name and can't be sold to anyone else. What nonsense? They knew full well I might accept OR reject the car, where is the question of it being billed to me?

Secondly, the car is not registered yet and I am under no obligation to accept a faulty product. I'm not willing to buy their stance that the car can't be sold to anyone else. Really? Is the dealership going to adorn it's walls with that car then? Of course they're going to sell it, to some other unsuspecting customer.

Then they started trying to dissuade me. "Sir it'll take another month for a white car to be delivered". Fine, go ahead and get me a new car. "Sir, octroi has been paid" So? It's not registered to my name.Thena few minutes later another call came through, "Sir. nahi hoga. You will have to accept the car or pay cancellation charges on this booking" Before she even mentioned the Rs.10k amount I let her know that I'm not paying a dime for a defective product.

By the way, all these conversations took place over the phone.

Now, they want in writing that I want to reject this car and have a new car allotted to me. Is it (1) Necessary, and (2) Advisable for me to give such a letter in writing? I am wary of them twisting this letter in unpredictable ways into litigation. Why should I be required to give in writing when the car is not registered in my name as yet?

Please advice on all of the above. Thanks again, guys.

PS : This is not even an option, but what would the cancellation charges be? Rs. 10k seems ridiculous for a Rs. 6L car. Just curious. Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th August 2009 at 09:41.
Old 28th August 2009, 09:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

I think you can give it in writing that you are rejecting the car and clearly mention the reason for rejecting the car.

Also, I would suggest to keep Hyundai in the loop from now on. They may alter your story and tell Hyundai another story.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Got a call from dealership and the sales rep I was dealing with tried once more to get me to accept the car. Flat refusal. After a few minutes she called again and transferred the line to her senior.

This particular person was rather incourteous, and rather loud over the phone. She insisted that they will not order another car for me and that her customer care exec & sales rep were both sitting across the table from her, telling her that the car is NOT defective. Having shown them the defects myself, this was the most ridiculous statement I'd heard.

She went on to say that even if they order another new car for me, what if I will reject it again? Listened to this with utter disbelief. I asked her if they had any confidence in their products, and whether she thought I was doing this for FUN. I was the one who wanted delivery fast, and that if anything, I was the most disappointed by all these developments. How could she assume that I will reject the other car? Her attitude and tone over the phone was unbelievably curt and the only impression I got was that they did want to deal with me as a customer.

Having said that as a consumer I will take this matter up in the appropriate forum, I was met with a "You are free to do whatever as you wish."

Not once did I myself bring up the cancellation fees up, because I did want to settle a score with them or something, I only wanted a defect-free, brand new car, thats all. She herself brought up the subject of the cancellation fees, to which I said I'm not paying a dime for a defective car, whether it's the car cost itself or in the form of cancellation fees. She finally said I can cancel my booking and can collect a full refund,as if she was doing me a favour.

So that's where it stands. I was all for terminating my rather wasteful relationship with them over the past week, however my father has asked me to wait and go ahead with asking for the cancellation and full refund tomorrow. That's my final decision regarding this matter.

I would like to know from knowledgeable members here:

What is the procedure for cancellation. Should I be collecting any documents from them? Form 20 was never signed and is in my posession, the car is not registered to my name and cannot be. The ONLY document I've signed till now, on behalf of my father, is the booking form. Should I be asking them to provide in writing that this particular car (VIN no. ____ ) does not belong to me? Is that necessary? The only thing bothering me is their claim of "having paid the octroi and therefore having billed the car to my name".

Your help will be greatly appreciated in this matter. Thank you once again for helping me with this, Team.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th August 2009 at 13:40.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:50   #28
Team-BHP Support

No documents needed. Just get the booking amount back. Once you receive the refund get it signed that the amount has been refunded and why it was so.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:58   #29

I feel you should write to Hyundai about this. Members in my family had issues with a dealer in Bangalore. When it was reported to Hyundai they were prompt in making an attempt to solve the issue.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Dude that is just nuts!!
Who would want to force a defective car to a customer!!

You need to register a complaint with CORE - Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment Centre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks