Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 23:28   #61
BANNED

Re: Skoda Laura L&K Compressor and Condenser question

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Black death is a rarity, but a fact.

A good FNG should be able to clean the parts and make the compressor work

Let me know if you need the part and I will arrange it for you.
I did get it done from an FNG near Church Gate. It cost me over 35k for the replacement of the compressor, condenser and some system pipes. Skoda mentioned a figure close to 70k, off the record.
I hope this lasts for a few years!!!
Old 8th June 2020, 10:04   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I am super impressed with the skills of the man who managed my Laura for 4+ years and kept the car in complete shape despite my tom foolery at times.
Hey duke,

I am having problems maintaining the yeti, can you please share the contact details of your mechanic.
I am also a newbie and dont have pm privileges right now.

Best Regards,
German_clan
Old 26th May 2021, 08:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyrajat View Post
Here you have another Laura user with the same problem. Mine is Laura 1.9 TDI MT Ambiente with 57K odo reading.

After spending almost a month and several visits\calls to different AC repair centers ranging from Lajpat Nagar, Mayapuri to Gurgaon, I was convinced that my AC compressor had gone Kaput and there was no option to save money but to go for a new compressor
Team-bhp forums were of great help as I could believe that Laura compressor would generally fail around 60K odo reading. It was clear that the damage was somewhere around Rs 25-30K just for the compressor replacement, gas, fitment, etc. Luckily my condenser was in good state and didn't need a replacement.

I decided that I will look for other branded AC compressor replacements apart from Sanden as maximum Lauras were seeing this AC problem at this stage and the company was fitting Sanden compressor. After extensive research I had options of using Valeo, Delphi and Sanden. Somehow I couldn't find the availability of Valeo in Delhi so I was to choose from Delhi and Sanden only. Having heard and witnessed this compressor problem at 60K, I didn't want to repeat Sanden if I was to invest this much and keep the car for long (at least 5 years).

I got Delphi from Kashmere gate for Rs 15,500 with bill and got it fitted at a local AC mechanic in Gurgaon. It feels so nice now and had a big relief that I got everything done within Rs 20K!
Hi Rajat,
Where did you get the compressor from in Kashmiri gate? And where did you get the fitting done in Gurgaon? I stay in Gurgaon and have a Jetta 2014 model which is giving me an AC problem, which just cools and doesn't works nicely.
Also, where do your get your spares etc. in Gurgaon?
And did you compressor work fine for the follow years?

Most Viewed