Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 18:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Fuses are available at almost all motor spare shops( fakes or local can be made out by the quality of plastic and edges sticking out), if you can tell the color you will get the same rating. by the way compressor would have costed 12k+ refill+ servicing charges
The fuse is of Blue color IIRC. Went to Sahaj motors today, but he did not have the fuse. A local mechanic wanted to put in more than one wire to solve the problem. He was to solder the wire. He claimed that this way fuse wont come out on bad roads. This one was on HT ( High Tension ) road, Vadodara.

Will now be try to procure the part from Kiran motors. We have a 600 km trip this friday-saturday. Kiran motors will just ask to bring the car over their A.S & S., something I dont want to do. He says he cannot sell parts just like that.

I think Sahaj motors can procure it, but its fake.

The compressor charges have sent a chill down my spine. Thank God its just a fuse.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Update :
Changed the fuse for Rs. 9 and got a bill for that too. Kept the old fuse with me in glove box. Its 15A fuse. During a recent 850 km drive ( 600+250 km drive ), after replacing the fuse, AC load has increased on engine and response has gone down below 2K rpm. Air filter needs to be looked into, but overall the fantastic AC is back and working fine. I think its necessary to have AC and lights fuse with us all the time. This can be helpful.

@mods: The problem is solved, so I think its appropriate to change the title :
" Solved : Fuse replaced " and lock this thread.
Old 14th September 2009, 21:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why you have kept the old fuse? keep a new one. the repaired one is dangerous to use. actually the the fuse cover below the dash has provision to hold few spare fuses.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Why you have kept the old fuse? keep a new one. the repaired one is dangerous to use. actually the the fuse cover below the dash has provision to hold few spare fuses.
Yes, I have kept the old fuse, but that wired shortcut one. I am going to buy an entire set of new fuses for this car. We use this car for very long distance drives, so cannot take risk. I never knew about the fuse cover under dash has provision. Thanks a lot man, I will find out and store the fuses.

Its easy to locate the hood fuse box in the large engine bay in Baleno, but the in cabin fuse box is something I will have to work around. Its difficult to get that low.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
A point for those who are driving in water : Before entering into the accumulated water, make sure you have switched OFF your AC.
I learnt it the hard way too, on Friday (2 days back) driving back to office. It was raining real bad and i had to drive thru' about 1ft deep water on the road! (Yes, Bangalore roads are tricky when it rains). Forgot to turn off the AC, but it was working fine. But the 2nd time around, thru another water stretch, the AC cooling died.

Thankfully, it turned out to be just a busted fuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks