Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 09:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Except that Ritz sells some 6+ times of Linea
Also, Ritz is many segments lower than Linea.
T hose damage is nothing against a Faulty ECU that too from Maruti. When people buy a Linea or Punto they are prepared for some niggles (i didnt get any) but when they buy a Maruti or Hyundai they expect not even 1 problem, if that happens whats the difference.
Old 4th September 2009, 09:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
people buy a Linea or Punto they are prepared for some niggles (i didnt get any) but when they buy a Maruti or Hyundai they expect not even 1 problem, if that happens whats the difference.
That is a fair enough comment. However, on a long term basis, it all matters, as Fiat has found out and so will all. If you get more than you expect, then that is a problem, and turns away customers for many years or even decades.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:22   #33
BHPian

Update: Still no resolution. Car is still grounded. The replacement part is supposed to come in today. So, if everything goes alright, i should get a call for getting it replaced tomorrow.

Its so frustrating, to have a new car, and not drive it.

X-|
Old 4th September 2009, 18:25   #34
BHPian

FYI!
------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mangesh,

I had a chat with the courier guys a min back, and he has no idea of where the spare part is.

This is really ridiculous, that I have to follow-up with you, with fortune motors, and even call the courier office to check when will I receive it. And all this time the car is grounded. What is the point in buying a new car, if I cannot trust it to run reliably? This is simply not acceptable. It is unbelievable that I have to do the running around for a car that costs 8 lakhs+.

How does FIAT plan to compete against the likes of Maruti and Hyundai and Honda, with a service like this?

I can understand a day or two for non availability of a part, but one FULL week? This is exactly what i was warned by everybody when i decided to buy a fiat vehicle, and my experience with you is proving it to be right.

Sorry to say, but right now, i am quite disgusted, and pained at this experience. Fiat has ruined my this weekend plans, to say the least. :-(

Cheers,
Hrishikesh Deshpande
------------------------------------------------------
Old 7th September 2009, 10:17   #35
BHPian

Quick update:

Had been to Fortune, Powai on saturday, and got the coolant hose replaced. Job was done on priority, with minimum paperwork.

In the time it took to fix my car, i managed to convince my friend to consider buying a linea, instead of a punto. (he had come in for a TD)

Went for a small spin on sunday, and Lino behaved impeccably.

Thank you all very much, specially Mangesh & Ashish!

Pics here: Hey, it's me again...: A short trip to Pali

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2009, 10:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Quick update:
Had been to Fortune, Powai on saturday, and got the coolant hose replaced. Job was done on priority, with minimum paperwork.
In the time it took to fix my car, i managed to convince my friend to consider buying a linea, instead of a punto. (he had come in for a TD)
Thank you all very much, specially Mangesh & Ashish!
Cheers!
Hey,
Congrats. So finally your beauty is back with you
Good that your serv centre did the job nicely. TASS doesnt do much paperwork for warranty etc, all Linea owners are given priority.
Mangesh is a nice guy, always helps, he helped me too with the seat height issue.

So your friend is also buyin a Linea, tell him to join tbhp.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
So your friend is also buyin a Linea, tell him to join tbhp.
He already is on TBHP... He might just go in for the Punto Emotion Pk.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed