Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Fiat Linea - Overheating problem...

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in our Engine Overheating Article. Thanks

hi All,

I purchased a Linea Dynamic Diesel, last weekend. Have run it @455 kms till now. Yesterday there was a problem with it..
The engine temperature went all the way till HIGH and i got a warning message asking me to pull over and shut down the engine, which i did.

On checking the coolant level, i found that the container was empty. Filled some packaged drinking water, and carried on till the nearest petrol pump, where i filled up the coolant till the required level. The temperature was then perfect.

The next day, i checked the level, and the container was again empty... This time i took it to Fortune Motors, Powai, and met up with a service adviser, who told me that the T junction of the hose, which is used for draining air out of the radiator was leaky, and that it was a known fault.

Ashish Bhatt, who is the works manager, also confirmed the issue. They have taken my Chassis number, and the Engine number, and are now awaiting the faulty item, which should take 3-4 days, according to them..

Has anyone faced this issue? I am quite pissed with something like this happening within 4-5 days of getting a new car. Do let me know..

Can i talk to any Fiat tech guys directly?

Thanks
Hrishikesh

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2013 at 10:44. Reason: Link to Article
Old 1st September 2009, 09:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone faced this issue? I am quite pissed with something like this happening within 4-5 days of getting a new car. Do let me know..

Nope. it hasnt happened to any of us. rather the wiper fluid tank broken is a problem faced by vahan pujari.

Yes you can mail mangesh or aasish bharadwaj and mail fiat. If you want their numbers do PM me, i will send you.
dont get tensed there are small problems that can be rectified. These are mainly due to the bad plastics used outsourced from tata.

do contact fastlove and others who are in mumbai who can help you in addressing the issue

Last edited by geeash : 1st September 2009 at 10:00.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
These are mainly due to the bad plastics used outsourced from tata.
Definately not a fair statement. TATA does not manufacture the plastics for the Linea. They may have a common supplier though.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:17   #4
JRD
BHPian

hey did you drive through a water clogged area?. This could be a blown fan fuse. (Highspeed/Low speed fan) Rs.100 for a fuse. Happened yesterday to my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
hi All,

Thanks
Hrishikesh
Old 1st September 2009, 11:21   #5
BHPian

I have been using Linea MJD Emotion pack from 2nd Feb 2009, probably the 1st linea in Mumbai - Thane region. Have not faced any problem as such. Dont worry the problem you have mentioned is very small and i know having such problem in a new car can be annoying. All said you are in perfect hands. Mr Ashish Bhatt is the best men you could get in touch with. Rest do let fiat know about this problem. They will work on the speedy delivery of the part and will try to rectify the problem in future Lineas.

Quote:
hi All,

I purchased a Linea Dynamic Diesel, last weekend. Have run it @455 kms till now. Yesterday there was a problem with it..
The engine temperature went all the way till HIGH and i got a warning message asking me to pull over and shut down the engine, which i did.

On checking the coolant level, i found that the container was empty. Filled some packaged drinking water, and carried on till the nearest petrol pump, where i filled up the coolant till the required level. The temperature was then perfect.

The next day, i checked the level, and the container was again empty... This time i took it to Fortune Motors, Powai, and met up with a service adviser, who told me that the T junction of the hose, which is used for draining air out of the radiator was leaky, and that it was a known fault.

Ashish Bhatt, who is the works manager, also confirmed the issue. They have taken my Chassis number, and the Engine number, and are now awaiting the faulty item, which should take 3-4 days, according to them..

Thanks
Hrishikesh
Old 1st September 2009, 11:51   #6
BANNED

Welcome back Prash.

Share with us your Mumbai TASS experiences. Which one is better? As last time when I spoke to you, you visited Worli TASS & now Fortune Powai.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:23   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
hey did you drive through a water clogged area?. This could be a blown fan fuse. (Highspeed/Low speed fan) Rs.100 for a fuse. Happened yesterday to my car.
No, it wasn't because of a blown fuse. The T connector is leaky.

Have mailed Fiat, but no respose yet
Old 1st September 2009, 13:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, it wasn't because of a blown fuse. The T connector is leaky.

Have mailed Fiat, but no respose yet
just patiently wait. you will be contacted within 24 hrs. Just give them some time buddy
Old 1st September 2009, 18:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
just patiently wait. you will be contacted within 24 hrs. Just give them some time buddy
Well, they were faster than 24 hrs. I got a reply from Mangesh Kodalkar (Customer services) and he's working on the issue to get it resolved as soon as possible.

Well, fingers crossed, Lino will be back on road shortly!

Phew, relieved.

Thank you all for your advice/support!!
Old 1st September 2009, 18:46   #10
BHPian

No, we've not had this problem and no, haven't heard about it too. But the guys at TASS already know the problem so it shouldn't be much of an issue. But just keep following in on them lest they become lax.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:16   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

As the problem has already been traced there is no need to contact the Fiat tech support.I understand its very annoying to see such a thing happen to a brand new car and lets hope for the best.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This time i took it to Fortune Motors, Powai, and met up with a service adviser, who told me that the T junction of the hose, which is used for draining air out of the radiator was leaky, and that it was a known fault.
It is a known fault (as per Fiat's service advisor) and still Fiat took its chances with the consumer. Why does not Fiat rectify this problem in all production cars before selling.

I sincerely like the Fiat Linea but frankly this forum is being deluged with genuine customer problems.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
It is a known fault (as per Fiat's service advisor) and still Fiat took its chances with the consumer. Why does not Fiat rectify this problem in all production cars before selling.
Cmon, why again jumping up on this fiat issue and things which can start a brand war.
This is not a common issue, there are unlimited threads on Linea and Punto here and other forums and not a single guy has reported such a problem so its the 1st for anyone on the forum.
SA may be passing such comments to generalize the issue so that the customer doesnt get pissed off.

Regarding Fiat not acting, the common issue and solutions were:

1. Seat goin down - lever redesigned

2. Poor plastics - Improved plastics

3. Bonnet lever falling or panel gaps- Redesinged clips for the boxes.
Company can make improvements for which it gets a MASS feedback or complaints like chrome falling or seat going down.
IF out of 1000 cars sold, 1-2 people report a issue with coolant draining off, it may be termed as a QC failed part and not a faulty design.

Ihrishi,

Dont worry, hope you have sent mail through CEO corner on fiat india site. The reply from there is lightning fast. Also, this is not a common problem, bad luck for you.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Cmon, why again jumping up on this fiat issue and things which can start a brand war.
Sorry for any offence, but I usually desist from writing much about Fiat, except to largely write in a neutral manner (please do not care to provide links where I have not done so). Doing so in a negative tone can be hazardous sometimes.

Sorry again!!! However, the customer has reported a problem within 3-4 days of delivery and Fiat's authorised rep (service advisor) has confirmed it. I did comment on that.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Sorry for any offence, but I usually desist from writing much about Fiat, except to largely write in a neutral manner (please do not care to provide links where I have not done so).
Hey, no hard feelings. We all are friends here and we dont need to give links etc, i know your intentions are not wrong. Still what you thought was not completely right, maybe because you havent followed Linea threads.

Quote:
Sorry again!!! However, the customer has reported a problem within 3-4 days of delivery and Fiat's authorised rep (service advisor) has confirmed it. I did comment on that.
Agree. This is pretty bad for a owner who got his car and within 3-4 days his car has gone to workshop. This can happen with any car, just like 1 owner who faced ECM problems with his Ritz which can be 1 in 1000 cases as such problems are not normal ones.
There are Linea owners here who have completed 10000+kms and their cars running without any fault. What i mean to say is th4 SA is bluffing, this is not a common fault, had it been we would have got news about it in last 3-4 month in innumerable posts on Linea.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 1st September 2009 at 20:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed