Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 16:54   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN View Post
How long does it take for the ECU to lose its setting once you remove the battery terminals.. Is it a good practice to do the same of you feel your car ain't performing well ??
I believe an hour with the battery disconnected should do the trick. I had done the same but very frankly didnt see a whole lot of difference after the reset. Cleaning the air filter sure did better the performance in my case
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:10   #47
BHPian

Did any one of you noticed, that the Sound of the Horn filters more inside than outside in Swift Dzire, i noticed this difference when i test drove my friends Punto.

What can be the reason (is it the wrong placement of the Horns) & probable solution ?

Is this issue specific to Dzire or it is there in the Swift Hatch also, respective owners please confirm.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 22nd September 2009 at 17:19.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Did any of you noticed, that the Sound of the Horn filters more inside than outside in Swift Dzire, i noticed this difference when i test drove my friends Punto.

What can be the reason (is it the wrong placement of the Horns) & probable solution ?

Is this issue specific to Dzire or it is there in the Swift Hatch also, respective owners please confirm.
I haven't noticed such a thing in my Swift. Btw, the new Swift (2008 onwards or type 2 as they call it) has 2 horns instead of a single one in older Swifts. I assume the DeZire also has it that way...
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:21   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I haven't noticed such a thing in my Swift. Btw, the new Swift (2008 onwards or type 2 as they call it) has 2 horns instead of a single one in older Swifts. I assume the DeZire also has it that way...

Yes, 2008 onwards, the Swift Hatch has 2 Horns & it is the same in the Dzire also.

Can you please observe once again & let us know that the sound of the Horn is filtering more inside than outside in your vehicle or this is specific to my car
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:25   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Did any one of you noticed, that the Sound of the Horn filters more inside than outside in Swift Dzire, i noticed this difference when i test drove my friends Punto.

Happens in my SX4 as well, I guess its caused due to the use of a thinner insulation material between the dashboard & engine compartment.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 2008 onwards, the Swift Hatch has 2 Horns & it is the same in the Dzire also.

Can you please observe once again & let us know that the sound of the Horn is filtering more inside than outside in your vehicle or this is specific to my car
Don't know if it's more to inside than outside, but it's definitely quite loud inside when compared to other cars. You can feel the full intensity of the horn inside the Swift.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:31   #52
BHPian

Quote:

Well, sometimes I actually felt the horn was too mild when the windows are closed. But when I open the windows I feel the sound is way too loud. So it is louder on the outside atleast for my car.

I hope the horns are not fitted in the reverse direction . Just kidding
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, Dzire too has two horns. Its really a good feature as one of the horns in my Dzire conked off yesterday . Atleast I have a backup.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Don't know if it's more to inside than outside, but it's definitely quite loud inside when compared to other cars. You can feel the full intensity of the horn inside the Swift.
Well, I will need to driver other manufacturer's cars to figure out the difference I haven't got a chance to do that so my observation is based on my current drive only.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Happens in my SX4 as well, I guess its caused due to the use of a thinner insulation material between the dashboard & engine compartment.
Tend to agree with you, this can be the most probable reason for the noise filtering inside, cost cutting measures by Maruti

Quote:
Well, sometimes I actually felt the horn was too mild when the windows are closed. But when I open the windows I feel the sound is way too loud. So it is louder on the outside atleast for my car.

I hope the horns are not fitted in the reverse direction . Just kidding
Before posting the query i checked this out buddy, two wise gentlemen think in the same way..!! but, both the Horns are placed in the right direction.

Quote:
I was just kidding. No offence meant
I too was kidding

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 22nd September 2009 at 18:05.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:00   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Before posting the query i checked this out buddy, two wise gentlemen think in the same way..!! but, both the Horns are placed in the right direction.
I was just kidding. No offence meant
Old 29th September 2009, 21:29   #57
vsh
BHPian

power, turbo kick is back!!

this is update to my turbolag problem mentioned earlier in this thread.
i got my turbo kick back!!
MASS is 100km away from my place. so i called my service guy and updated my problem. he said it may be due to poor quality adulterated diesel. so as per his advice i ran my car ffor few days until fuel indicator comes near
E and then filled half at my reliable bunk. yes, it worked!!
pick up, power , fun all is back in my dzire.
at petrol bunk, the guy there told me there is kerosene smell coming from tank. so that is the root cause. any precautions you guys advise about this? any measures to be taken after this adulterated diesel filling?

how to ensure the bunk has good quality diesel? i dont have SHELL in my town.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Two more inputs

1. The aircon controls the temp of air entering the cabin by letting hot, yes HOT, air mix with airconditioned air. I noticed this as i had adjusted the temp knob to the white 1/3rd form the blue ie approx at 9 o'clock position. here i swiched off the ac and viola hot air comes in. normally one would think that the ac compressor cuts in and out depending on temp setting. this is what happens in fridge and room ac. This mixing of hot air to control temp is highly wasteful and silly IMO.

2. We mostly have strolly type luggage and if you put one in the boot the luggage tends to shift around while taking taking sharp turns. the Dzire has some nice holes in the metal around the left and right of the boot (upperpart) where one can tie the luggage eliminating the shifting of luggage
Old 5th October 2009, 17:47   #59
BHPian

Two small Amber lights

There are two small amber lights just below the aircon controls and light from these two openings falls directly on the front cup holders.Although this light is dim but still might be useful in night.I think it's specific in ZXI variant.
Old 12th October 2009, 13:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbug View Post
There are two small amber lights just below the aircon controls and light from these two openings falls directly on the front cup holders.Although this light is dim but still might be useful in night.I think it's specific in ZXI variant.
You mean the amber lights from
- Air recirculation button
- Ac on off button
these are not meant for lighting anything only as an indicator

Didnt get the point you were trying to make

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks