Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 15:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
You are more than welcome to drop by any time once its up an running.
Where is it and what's the name?
Old 27th September 2009, 15:23   #17
BHPian

+1 for car wash and detailing center. in chanakyapuri , i think these two thing will be a hit and not to mention variety of cars there

who is eligible to setup a petrol pump ????

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 27th September 2009 at 15:24.
Old 27th September 2009, 16:02   #18
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if its in embassy area, then you can always have the embassy drivers on your payrole to come to your place and get things fixed for little incentives and commissions for them!
Thats exactly what some else has also suggested and have to sort of develop contacts for this.
Never thought that advice on how to cheat car-owners would traded & accepted on Team-BHP!!!

What next - maybe we can also discuss advice on adulterating fuel to increase margins in this thread.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Never thought that advice on how to cheat car-owners would traded & accepted on Team-BHP!!!

What next - maybe we can also discuss advice on adulterating fuel to increase margins in this thread.
Sir the advice sought and rendered is subject to wide interpretations depending on individuval psychologies! Hence what looks half empty to you is half full to me!!

And since when did offering someone an incentive to come an get the car repaired at a particular garage become cheating?? Its not as if i would have changed his tires , engine an what not!! So i cant fathom how the idea of cheating comes into picture.

You do not know how i got the pump and you do not know me on a personal level to make a comment on discussing adultering Fuel on this thread so i request you humbly not to shoot your mouth off atleast in this thread with such comments!

Also FYI Adulteration has become a thing of the past in metros.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:25   #20
BANNED

Quote:
And since when did offering someone an incentive to come an get the car repaired at a particular garage become cheating??
Would you offer the incentive to the driver in the presence of the car owner or would you prefer to do it secretly without the owner's knowledge?

Quote:
You do not know how i got the pump and you do not know me on a personal level to make a comment on discussing adultering Fuel on this thread so i request you humbly not to shoot your mouth off atleast in this thread with such comments!
FWIW - this wasn't anything about you.

Last edited by carboy : 27th September 2009 at 18:32.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Would you offer the incentive to the driver in the presence of the car owner or would you prefer to do it secretly without the owner's knowledge?
It would be directly to the driver but bearing in mind that i would take a hit on my margin because at the end of the day Bussiness is all about Volumes, Simple economics. I wouldnt be offering any incentives that hurt my end customer, with inflated bills or shoddy work.

Secondly there is no point discussing this anyways as i have dropped the idea of a service centre as i have close to zero knowledge about it.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:47   #22
BANNED

Quote:
I wouldnt be offering any incentives that hurt my end customer
If it wouldn't hurt the end customer, why the need for keep it secret from him?

It would hurt the end customer because the choice of service centers to go to would be made on the basis of which service centers give the most "incentives" rather than which does the best work - just my humble opinion.
Old 27th September 2009, 18:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
If it wouldn't hurt the end customer, why the need for keep it secret from him?

It would hurt the end customer because the choice of service centers to go to would be made on the basis of which service centers give the most "incentives" rather than which does the best work - just my humble opinion.
Point Taken, However if the work is not up to the mark you dont get a repeat customer so at the end of the day the driver is not the owner and if the owner disapproves of the quality of the work then he goes elsewhere.
Old 27th September 2009, 19:53   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
if its in embassy area, then you can always have the embassy drivers on your payrole to come to your place and get things fixed for little incentives and commissions for them!
Lets not encourage this "payroll" business, if one can influence them and the embassy with the service quality thats a different matter and very welcomed in here.

Short cuts don't last for long!
Old 28th September 2009, 12:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post

who is eligible to setup a petrol pump ????
Well broadly 4 categories Deffence, freedom fighters, Unmarried women and widows above 40 and last would be the open category.

However nowadays its mostly whoever arranges a nice plot of land as thats more than half the battle won.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Carboy, if drivers get a little part of the PP owner's income as a commission to come to their pump or whatsoever, I don't think it terms to be cheating/ unethical act. Such tie-ups are common in this industry and the practical is always different from theory. Mechanics are paid commissions when they get a deal for some accessory shop from their customers. You'll go to that particular shop again if you were satisfied irrespective of the fact whether the middleman gets the commission or not. Likewise driver will come the next time only when the service has been upto the mark. Chanakyapuri is a prime area with cars which form the part of imports, luxuries and niche in T-BHP's language. Hence, the guys driving these cars are chauffeurs who care for their vehicles like the owners.

And for the first time ever in my tryst with Team BHP I came across such an aggressive post. Buddy, you could have put your point in a better manner rather than lambasting in the very first go.

Born 2 be Wild, where's your pump?
Old 28th September 2009, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

Born 2 be Wild, where's your pump?
Actually i had a choice from 4 sites and i have chosen the one at south delhi I cant call it mine just yet as the dealership aggrement is yet to be signed, after company approval. It is proposed to be set up on Vinay marg within 200mts of The Ashoka if the Dealership agreement is signed and i wade through all the Red tape
Old 28th September 2009, 22:07   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Carboy, if drivers get a little part of the PP owner's income as a commission to come to their pump or whatsoever, I don't think it terms to be cheating/ unethical act. Such tie-ups are common in this industry and the practical is always different from theory. Mechanics are paid commissions when they get a deal for some accessory shop from their customers. You'll go to that particular shop again if you were satisfied irrespective of the fact whether the middleman gets the commission or not. Likewise driver will come the next time only when the service has been upto the mark. Chanakyapuri is a prime area with cars which form the part of imports, luxuries and niche in T-BHP's language. Hence, the guys driving these cars are chauffeurs who care for their vehicles like the owners.
These are all rationalizations.

Quote:
And for the first time ever in my tryst with Team BHP I came across such an aggressive post. Buddy, you could have put your point in a better manner rather than lambasting in the very first go.
I don't think so.
Old 29th September 2009, 00:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually i had a choice from 4 sites and i have chosen the one at south delhi I cant call it mine just yet as the dealership aggrement is yet to be signed, after company approval. It is proposed to be set up on Vinay marg within 200mts of The Ashoka if the Dealership agreement is signed and i wade through all the Red tape
I think it will one of its kind pump in today's scene. We don't have many new Petrol Pumps coming up in prime locations and densly populated regions. The focus nowadays is on Urban Villages, Highways, NCR etc. It means, you hit the bull's eye and a fabulous car care center will be a sure-shot profitable venture when you're settled with the pump.

Hope I'm correct on the PP information and All the best.
Old 29th September 2009, 20:23   #30
BHPian

Something more to think about while you wade through the red tape: a pump handles a lot of cash. How are you going to control that the guy who collects cash does not short-change you? Pump robberies are quite common in Delhi, maybe not in Chanakyapuri, but you need to have a electronic safe in which you periodically move cash from the cashier. Talk to a few insurance companies if you can cover such risks.
Some nationalised banks provide a cash pick up service to their regular customers, at the end of the day. This eliminates the risk of carrying cash to your residence and getting held up enroute. Check that out.
Sign up with credit cards issuers as a lot of purchases will be paid for with a card. There are a few pumps in Nehru Place which offer free windshield cleaning service as the car awaits its turn. Its a good goodwill gesture.
Offering free drinking water (bottled) in disposable cups during the sweltering summer could be another differentiator.
A big, big draw is offering clean toilets.
Its all about service, that will ultimately make your pump the destination.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks