Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2005, 18:14   #16
BANNED

but the sail is too sluggish dude if u change below 2000 rpm
Old 19th July 2005, 18:15   #17
BANNED

k&n for fe

guys i wanted to know if the k&n stock filter helps to increase your fe......do let me know if it does...
Old 19th July 2005, 18:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
but the sail is too sluggish dude if u change below 2000 rpm
change at 2000rpm not below .. you cant have performance and high FE at the same time ...
Old 19th July 2005, 19:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
(u dont need to use a clutch while shifting to neutral ,jus takee your foot off the gas )
Iam not clear on this. Do you mean to say that from the second gear shift to neutral due to complete halt of the vehicle can be done without using the clutch
Old 19th July 2005, 20:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Iam not clear on this. Do you mean to say that from the second gear shift to neutral due to complete halt of the vehicle can be done without using the clutch
yeap if you have your foot off the gas pedal ..you can push the gear to neutral without using your clutch...
Old 19th July 2005, 20:32   #21
BHPian

Not sure why you are getting 7-8 out of a corsa.

I have a corsa 1.4gsi and I get 11.5 in city. My worst FE was 10.5 and that was when i was stuck in a heavy traffic jam.

Just keep the revs low and shift at 2000 / 2500 rpm if u can. Dont rev higher unless you want to accelerate really fast / you are driving uphill.

Just a note: the car drives smoothly at 40kmph in 5th gear @ 1200rpm and around 50kmph at 1500rpm. Keep it in this area.

I am not sure on how clutch usage affects but honestly i use clutch quite a bit and i still manage about 11.5 average.

I do agree to the points mentioned on the downhill drive.. keep the car in lower gear.

Lastly.. just have it checked at service center.. just to be sure nothing is wrong with the car
Old 19th July 2005, 22:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a corsa 1.4gsi and I get 11.5 in city. My worst FE was 10.5 and that was when i was stuck in a heavy traffic jam.

Just keep the revs low and shift at 2000 / 2500 rpm if u can. Dont rev higher unless you want to accelerate really fast / you are driving uphill.

Just a note: the car drives smoothly at 40kmph in 5th gear @ 1200rpm and around 50kmph at 1500rpm. Keep it in this area.
da Dude ,

thats how you drive a Corsa ..just chill ..chill chill ..
enjoy the refinement and the ride ... your driving in a city bro limit your speeds to 60k's , you can push your Sail on the highways i can assure you that you will not complain about its top end ..

cheers

PS: Sorry mods for going off topic on this .

Last edited by turbo_lover : 19th July 2005 at 22:40.
Old 19th July 2005, 22:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise

i f u bring the vehicle to a complete stop in second gear without using clutch,then the engine will stall.

turbo lover,

can u please explain this????????
Old 19th July 2005, 23:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

hmmm .. maybe am not explaining it right ...

one can shift to neutral without using the clutch ..
it has nothing to do with the engine stalling or anything ...
this can only be done when the throttle /gas pedal is not apllied/pressed ...what i do sometimes is before entering the corner de-select the current gear (say 3rd) ..while deselecting i lift my foot off the gas pedal and jus tap the gear lever down to neutral (this is possible without using the clutch) ...and depending on my speed coming out of that corner i select the desirable gear which could be back to 3rd or down to 2nd ..

i hope i made it more clear this time ...
Old 19th July 2005, 23:10   #25
BHPian

Thanx for the replies guys..... I wanted to be sure about somethings that I din't know.... and so was asking.... just to be more clear about the things which I din't knew... I got a astra 1.6... and the previous owner was saying that it was giving 7-8 with AC... so.. just wanted to know more about my FE.... so that I might improve on that... Hmm! lets see what happens....
Old 19th July 2005, 23:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

If you switch your engine off on a downhill, your brakes become rock-hard. Also, power steering is lost. More importantly, when you suddenly restart, hot explosive gases can burst out of the cylinder, damaging valves and the exhaust tract. Not really worth a litre of petrol.
Old 19th July 2005, 23:14   #27
BHPian

Turbo lover mentioned something really really NEW to me.... never knew that thing.... I'll try it.... it sounds like a good technique.
Old 19th July 2005, 23:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Bad idea. Always have some immediate power on tap in a corner. Or be prepared to meet a median. Traction is minimal when you have no acceleration.
Old 19th July 2005, 23:23   #29
BHPian

Guys.... I'm sorry if I've sounded like a guy who swithes off the engine on a downhill... my mistake... I'm not that dumb... I was only asking about the use of clutch there.... my doubts are cleared with the answers from rehaan, turbo lover and samurai. Thank you guys...
Old 20th July 2005, 00:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
what i do sometimes is before entering the corner de-select the current gear (say 3rd) ..while deselecting i lift my foot off the gas pedal and jus tap the gear lever down to neutral (this is possible without using the clutch) ...and depending on my speed coming out of that corner i select the desirable gear which could be back to 3rd or down to 2nd ..

i

dude,
by shifting to neutral bang in the middle of a corner,you are losing out on grip.

and can please tell as to when do you use the clutch .

will love to try this out on your car

Quote:

hope i made it more clear this time ...

no it isnt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks