Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 22:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Should I have to replace the Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly?

We have Indigo LS.
We all know that when the AC is Switched ON, the Engine RPM is increased marginally to handle the Load of AC. But in our Indigo LS the Engine RPM does not increase due to the Faulty AC Actuator Switch under the bonnet. I have posted the pics as below--
Should I have to replace the Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly?-completedsc00644.jpg
In above picture I have marked in black outline to ask whether I should replace the Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly.

Should I have to replace the Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly?-resizedchangeddsc00645.jpg

Should I have to replace the Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly?-resizeddsc00646.jpg
The above two pictures show two different outlines--one in Red and other in Green.
Which one should I replace if I get them Separately and not as a Set? This option may be Cheaper than replacing the Complete Set of both.

The Tata Authorised Service Center advised me to change the part outlined in Green only since they think that only that part is faulty and the part in Red is OK.
They said the Green outlined part is not functioning properly.
So guys, what do you advise me to replace? The Green Outlined Part, the Red Outlined Part, or both the Parts (Complete AC Actuator Switch Assembly)?
Old 28th September 2009, 23:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Should the FICD be replaced as a Complete Unit or only the Faulty Part within it?

Just now while searching I came across the word FICD (FAST IDLE CONTROL DEVICE CONTROL) which increases the Engine RPM when the AC is switched ON.
While creating the above topic, I did not remember the word FICD so could not mention the same.

So now could any Expert PLEASE tell me
1. Whether I should replace the FICD as a Complete Unit or
2. Do I have Reliable option of replacing only the Actuator (the Part on which Padmini is embossed, correct me if wrong) or the Diaphragm (the Round Part which is on the Right of "Padmini", correct me if wrong)?

I guess The Diaphragm is not working and hence the Engine RPM does not get increased when the AC is turned ON.

So please tell me should I replace the Diaphragm, the "Padmini Part" or Complete FICD Unit.
Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sorry friends for late updating.
I replaced the complete FICD Assembly two weeks back. It cost me Rs.764/- (Rs.714/- MRP + U R Charges @7% i.e. Rs.50/-).
Sterling Motors, Solapur told me the cost of FICD to be Rs.2000-2500/- 3 years ago.
So did not go to them this time. Instead got the FICD from Chavan Motors, Solapur in much lesser cost than quoted by Sterling motors, Solapur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks