Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2018, 08:48   #196
BHPian

Re: Foul Smell from Blower / Fan / HVAC

Hi - I have been following a simple routine for years now and it eliminates all fowl smell from the HVAC.
Turn on the AC to high heat and run on max blower for a decent amount of time. After this there is no odor, just normal fresh smell. I never use any car perfume or whatever.
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 00:34   #197
BHPian

I have recently filled up my Windshield wiper tank with defroster liquid and I'm not sure if I filled it with a concentrate. After a day I started to get a very strong smell inside the cabin and I can smell the defroster liquid every time I turn my heating system on. Is this an indication of some leakage? If I keep all my windows closed and get back to my car after about 3 to 5 hours, I cannot sit inside as the smell is so strong. I managed to dump all the liquid outside, but the smell still remains. I will take it to the mechanic very soon, but just wanted to know the opinion of you guys on what this could be?
Old 21st November 2019, 16:07   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I have recently filled up my Windshield wiper tank with defroster liquid and I'm not sure if I filled it with a concentrate. After a day I started to get a very strong smell inside the cabin and I can smell the defroster liquid every time I turn my heating system on. Is this an indication of some leakage? If I keep all my windows closed and get back to my car after about 3 to 5 hours, I cannot sit inside as the smell is so strong. I managed to dump all the liquid outside, but the smell still remains. I will take it to the mechanic very soon, but just wanted to know the opinion of you guys on what this could be?

This is quite normal. The air intake is in the cowl area at the base of the windshield. Switch to recirculate from fresh air when you spray the window and the smell should be gone. You can also try changing or cleaning your cabin air filter.
Old 21st April 2023, 13:51   #199
BHPian

I was facing a momentary fowl smell from the AC blowers when cold starting my car. We tried AC treatment and changing cabin filter but nothing worked.

Finally I decided to get my car's HVAC system overhauled. Apparently the dust formation was blocking water to pass freely causing dampness within the system. It was cleaned by removing the dashboard.

Now the AC works as if its a new car! happy me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks