Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2007, 11:31   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
thanks. but the real issue is how to get Honda to cooperate and fix this. After all the car is still UNDER WARRANTY.

the odour in question goes away if teh car is not used. it is only present if the car is used with the blowwer. when the Air con is on the smell reduces but one can still smell it. we are very sure it is fungal. (my friend - owner of the car is a dentist and this is a smell she has experienced before only not in a car).

Last edited by navin : 19th July 2007 at 11:34.
Old 19th July 2007, 11:35   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
thanks. but the real issue is how to get Honda to cooperate and fix this. After all the car is still UNDER WARRANTY.
Hi Navin,

There is a solution which worked for me. There is a can of AC Neutraliser spray available in the market. All you need to do is empty the contents of the can equally into each vent and wait for 15-20 mins. Takes care of bacteria as well and has that new car smell later.

Costs approx Rs650-750/-

Viper
PS - Its a DIY and no worries about warranty.
Old 19th July 2007, 11:39   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Since it was delivered the she gets a bad smell (fishy-farty) when she uses the blower. When the A/C compressor is ON the smell is less but when the thermostat cuts off and it is only the blower is ON the smell is intolerable.
navin i think both (your freinds and the link) are not the same issue, in your friends car it might be the condensation water inside the ac blower thats giving this smell, may not be the exhaust.

If the water drain is ok, only thing one can do is use some good deo/room freshner or car perfume. Ambipure and stuff helps.

You can ask her spray her fav perfume or deo inside the ac went, this will atleast change the odour, also do wipe of the residue on top of the vent so that it doesnt leave any marks.
Old 19th July 2007, 11:44   #34
Team-BHP Support

I think the point here is, a person bought a brand new premium luxury car that costs more than 10 lakhs. They now have a car that stinks when they use the AC, and the company cannot find a solution to this problem even after attending to it on numerous occasions.

Spraying some perfume to cover that foul smell is not really a solution in the long run. Honda should do something about this. They cannot just raise their hands up in the air and say nothing's worked so you gotto live with it!
Old 19th July 2007, 11:49   #35
BANNED

Navin,

if you want to escalate the issue I know the owner of Arya Honda or alternately you can speak to the Honda Zonal office in Mumbai and make a complaint to them. their number is 22-67895007.

You will get a very prompt call back once you complain and am sure they will solve the problem for you.

Viper
Old 19th July 2007, 12:59   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
if you want to escalate the issue I know the owner of Arya Honda or alternately you can speak to the Honda Zonal office in Mumbai and make a complaint to them. their number is 22-67895007.
thanks dude. I will call them tomorrow. if that dont work I'll need your help. BTW Jiggy, she is the same person who you met about the OHC.

Last edited by navin : 19th July 2007 at 13:01.
Old 19th July 2007, 13:00   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I think the point here is, a person bought a brand new premium luxury car that costs more than 10 lakhs....Honda should do something about this. They cannot just raise their hands up in the air and say nothing's worked so you gotto live with it!
That's the point!!!
Old 19th July 2007, 21:36   #38
BHPian

Navin, try this link Frigi-Clean Scam

It is due to mould/spores formed in the evaporator due to the moisture removed from cool air. Manufacturers coat the insides of the evaporator with a kind of chemical that prevents mold formation. Some cars start smelling after 100,000 KM and they are coated with the chemical again. Seems in your friends case the evaporator was not coated and since it is damp weather in India now, mold has formed.
Old 20th July 2007, 09:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Navin, try this link Frigi-Clean Scam
...Some cars start smelling after 100,000 KM ...
well this car has smelt foul since the day it was purchansed. at first we thought that it would go in a day then we asked Arya to clean it and for the past 8 months it has gone back and forht to Arya 6-7 times. sometimes they keep it for 3 days sometimes 7 and once for 10 days. If you add up all the time it has spent with Arya it would probably total up to 2 months!
Old 20th July 2007, 09:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Did you try checking if the smell emanates from the interiors/under the carpets ? sometimes the air throw from the AC which merely recirculates the air inside the cabin could make you feel that the odour is coming from the AC.
Old 20th July 2007, 09:35   #41
Team-BHP Support

yup check carpets also, some rubber/plastic also give smell when new.

Agree to RT's point of 10 lakh car, but i think none of these manufacturers care a damn to finer things like this.
Old 20th July 2007, 10:20   #42
BHPian

Strange!

Strange as it may sound, but i too had a similar problem in my swift which persisted for about 1 month, only to discover a dead lizard stuck deep in the AC vents!

Do take a torch and check all the vents (including foot vents) for any such thing!

(dont know how the lizard got there though! )
Old 20th July 2007, 10:45   #43
BHPian

You could also get in touch with Honda Seil if nobody seems to be responding. They will ensure that the Dealers take responsibility.

Honda One 2 one : 1800 113 121
Old 20th July 2007, 10:52   #44
Team-BHP Support

The smell is from the blower. If it was from the carpets it would be there even if the car was not used for 10 days. It is definitely fungal and from the blower. the issue here is how to get Honda to co-operate.

Jack, thanks for the numbers. Anyone got a contact name?
Old 20th July 2007, 11:38   #45
BHPian

I have seen the neutralizer spray at work. I think it is part of one of those interior shampooing jobs at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore. Very effective. What they did is pour it into all the A/C vents, wait for some time, and then turn the blower on. A humongous amount of froth comes out, and hopefully, takes the stinking bacteria out with it. And some 3 guys stand guard at all the vents to wipe away the froth which comes out. I am sure Honda Service knows about this, or better.

And have also seen this happens on new cars when owners either run with only the fan for long periods of time, or in Climate Controlled cars, when the outside temperature is low, and the blowers work at very low speeds for long periods of time. And too much moisture adds to the trouble.
tadukuttan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks