Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 14:22   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
My problem is different: As soon as I switch on AC (recirculation mode) for some 30 mins or 1 hour, afterwords, I'll have cold, running nose and sneezing. BTW, car is Palio 1.6.

What is the problem?

I used to have the same issue. Solution Run on AC 2 for 5-10 mins and switch it back to position 1 and let the air flow towards your feet.

Solution 2. Have Chawanprash

Solution 3: Others might suggest
Old 26th February 2008, 14:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

mahadev, Could be some allergens, get the system cleaned.
You are definitely not getting old, your car is.

By the way, what would a Bosch carbon cabin filter cost ? And where would one get this in Bangalore ? Any issues fitting this ?

Last edited by srishiva : 26th February 2008 at 14:25.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:09   #123
BHPian

smell is because of stale air being recirculated and also any dust or fungus accumulated in the ac system. some of the cars have good filters to filter the air being circulated. The sneezing and cold is most probably due to the presence of allergens in the air..mostly pollens and stuff......
Old 28th February 2008, 09:04   #124
BHPian

I get the same issue in my swift sometimes and this is despite getting fresh air into the car at periodic intervals ( and then a different stink comes in depending on where in Mumbai I am driving in! Mumbai people will understand :-)). This happens in odd intervals and cannot be directly atributed to fungus or stale air etc. Again, I put it as a niggle and overpower it with Ambipure because unless this happens continously it is difficult to get it corrected by a AC servicing. The car is just about a year old and I am facing this, if this continues I might have to wear a mask in the car!
Old 1st March 2008, 13:15   #125
BHPian

Hi there,

I am facing the similar issue in my Santro, the car has barely done about 2000 kilometers. Whenver i switch the blower, there is a prominent foul smell and it vanishes as soon as the AC is switched on.
To my surprise i never faced this kind of problem is my Esteem or 800.

Any suggestions please.

Amit
Old 1st March 2008, 19:11   #126
Senior - BHPian

Blow hot air at max speed for few minutes...

I had this problem... but I could remove it permanently by allowing the blower to run at high speed at the maximum temperature for few minutes. I guess it kills all the fungus that gets developed in the air ducts. I do this once a week before I switch off the engine, for about 3-4 minutes.
Old 1st March 2008, 19:36   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
OWS air con clean OR gulf air con clean.
Both tried both real good , OWS is no 1 .
Plus do an ac service aka they clean your ac radiator and ac motor. Dont have a cabin air filter in my swift
bosch makes an advanced cabin air filter , with carbon , very nice .

PS : if your in a clean unpolluted place drive fast with all the windows down the blower on full and ac on ventilate mode - with OR/& without the ac on
If your in a clean unpolluted place drive fast with all the windows down the blower on full and ac on ventilate mode - with OR/& without the ac on

emphasis on clean & unpolluted
Old 1st March 2008, 21:34   #128
BHPian

This just might be helpful not very sure but have noticed the foul smell you talking about is like of gas or similiar to dead rat s some what of the types .

What i do is just beore reaching my destination switch of the compressor and then let the blower run for say a minute or two and noticed a great amount of change in the foul smell phenomena !!! trying it might definitely not harm !!
Old 2nd March 2008, 12:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarmotor View Post
HI, in your case the foam particals which are seen are coming from the fresh/recirculating flap. The flap in the HVAC system which either allows fresh air or the air in the cabin to recirculate is lined by a thin layer of foam, after few years of usage this foam tends to come of from this flap,thus not fully clossing the fresh air vent. This is allso the reason for the smell outside the car coming in. Go to a A/C technisian and ask to take out the blower assy and paste some fresh foam on the flap. remember the thickness of the new foam should be same as the old one other wise the lever on the dash will not function properly.
thanks buddy ! the hunt for a a/c technician in gurgaon starts now..
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:20   #130
BHPian

Has anyone tried using GUlf A.C. cleaner / neutralizer ?? I use it every 4 months on my getz.
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:29   #131
BHPian

I also have the same issue with my blower in swift Vdi, the moment I switch off A/C, it starts giving a fouls smell. The sun batching is not answer as my car gets sun bathing on almost every weekday, but to no help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroop77 View Post
I get the same issue in my swift sometimes and this is despite getting fresh air into the car at periodic intervals ( and then a different stink comes in depending on where in Mumbai I am driving in! Mumbai people will understand :-)). This happens in odd intervals and cannot be directly atributed to fungus or stale air etc. Again, I put it as a niggle and overpower it with Ambipure because unless this happens continously it is difficult to get it corrected by a AC servicing. The car is just about a year old and I am facing this, if this continues I might have to wear a mask in the car!
Old 28th April 2008, 09:54   #132
BHPian

Another victim of the similar problem. But I thought I hit this problem too early.
on my 1100km done brand new Cedia. I noticed this only after my 1000km first service.
Mine is bit different though. I get a cigar smoke kind of smell as soon as I put the AC compressor + blower on. This stays for 5-10 sec. Again it comes back sometimes I raise my car at lower gear.
Also I noticed a tick..tick kind of light sound under the hood once I stop my car after a 10-30km ride. This comes every time, again after the first service. I am not sure if this is again related to the AC.
I am about to speak to the dealer regarding this. I thought I can get some clue from experts here so that I can defend the dealer.
Old 28th April 2008, 14:56   #133
Senior - BHPian

In my car this problem just vanished by itself. It got washed couple of times, that's all. No idea what caused it or what cured it.
Old 28th April 2008, 23:28   #134
BHPian

Foul Smell From Blower/a.c

HI, as i have replied to this thread earlier , you will notice this smell comes only when the blower is not used at max speed mode, this happens because the reduction in blower speed is achieved by using resistance in the circuit. This resistance becomes very hot when blower is used at low speeds so when the A/C is on resistance gets cooled continuously ,but as soon as you switch off the A/C the temp. of the resistance increases , the resistance coil of wires are held together by a special ceramic material which is a bad conductor of heat ,it is heating up of this ceramic material which gives this bad smell.Cars which dont have this kind of resistance will not have this probelem ,like ZEN,FORD IKON ,OPEL etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysus View Post
During moments when I switch of the AC and keep the blower running, my swift produces a peculiar unpleasant smell. The smell vanishes the moment I switch off the blower. This is only while the AC is on off mode. Does anyone have a clue as to why would this happen!
Please note this is not a momentary phenomena, the car has been doing this for about an year!
Old 29th April 2008, 10:43   #135
BHPian

Hi All,

I have bought a 2008 swift vxi and within two weeks of buying the car I had the problem of foul smell coming from the blower.

During my first service I got the car checked for this problem. The mechanic at Bimal, Bangalore pointed out that this smell comes if you keep the outside circulation in on position. His logic is that lot of leaves, rain water and dust get sucked in due to the outside circulation mode which then starts to rot and produce the smell.

So after my first service I did not switch on the outside circulation mode, though the smell reduced it has not eliminated completely. I generally keep my blower at 2 position and still the smell crops up once in a while.

Let me try to vary the blower speed as suggested by Alankar and find out of its true.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks