Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2007, 14:33   #91
Senior - BHPian

I am now running without ECU and the mileage is 13kms, same as what I had earlier. So the issue is with the ECU and not other factors like plug and filter.

The setting that gigy had done was not performed on my car. I am taking my installer to task and he will revert to me in 2 days after speaking to his supplier.
Old 21st July 2007, 15:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hey M4ajo,

Good that you are getting better FE now, When I checked with 2 LPG installers they told me BRC comes with all imported parts for LPG while Lovatto or star gas etc.. few kits contain parts manufactured in India and thats one big culprit to get efficiency from LPG kits.

They suggested me to one should go with LPG kit which has all imported parts and second important point is good installation. Any minor mistakes leads to poor FE, pickup.

They told LPG is worth only if we all is done perfect otherwise Diesel makes lot of sense.

Hi snaroinkar, I too feel LPG cost will go up soon, I heard Petrol/Diesel price will go up by 3/2 rs in Bangalore. If you plan to fit LPG I suggest you plan with used car like Esteem which are very good ones for LPG and they know how to install.

In few years (i guess in 3 years) Petrol and Diesel cost almost same (may be max. 5/- rs difference) and price of Diesel car will come down because of techonology and bulk manufacturing and also in 3 years there will be good amount of Diesel cars on the road which means all compnaies have made good profit by then.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st July 2007, 19:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi
In few years (i guess in 3 years) Petrol and Diesel cost almost same
How , ravibhat ?????
Old 21st July 2007, 21:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

What I heard and realized is Tax slab and cost of preparation will make less difference in price on Diesel and Petrol costs. Also gimmic by governement and vehicle manufacturers play major role here. Other reasons Diesel vehilces pollute more than Petrol ones. There will be some pressure from Environment department and many other reasons which we will realize as time goes on.

According to me only people who travel a lot and taxy companies should buy Diesel rest of the crew opt for Petrol which will show their love for country to keep good environment and less pollution.

According to me government should promote LPG/CNG usage with good support for installation and service. In that way we can maintain some kind of balance.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 22nd July 2007, 00:11   #95
BHPian

hii i just got a lpg kit installd on my baleno , 'lando ranzi' i suppos but i am not gttin any good fe from it max it goes to 65 km in 12kg/lit of gas .pls hlp had tried to tune it but no ... it sticks to the same f.e. th car gives me approx 12 km in a litr of petrol in city. already changd the plugs and the air filter
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:09   #96
BHPian

Set the mixture adjustment screw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
hii i just got a lpg kit installd on my baleno , 'lando ranzi' i suppos but i am not gttin any good fe from it max it goes to 65 km in 12kg/lit of gas .pls hlp had tried to tune it but no ... it sticks to the same f.e. th car gives me approx 12 km in a litr of petrol in city. already changd the plugs and the air filter
Do you have a sequential kit for your MPFI engine or the normal carburettor type variety. If you have the normal variety then there is a idle mixture screw and a bigger full throttle setting screw. Get both of these adjusted by the installer after taking him to an emission testing center and set the screws such that the readings between petrol and gas at idling and 3000rpm are nearly the same. If you set for fuel efficiency higher than petrol you will have many broken air filter boxes to contend with if you drive in the pedal to metal mode.

You should get about 10 to 10.5 when running in the lpg mode. I get about 9 to 9.8 in the LPG mode in the Palio GTX (since its about 100kg heavier then the Baleno) with the STARGAS kit for the past three years without a hitch.
If you have the sequential kit then the dedicated ECU needs to be calibrated correctly with sensor input from the dedicated Lambda sensor.

A far basic thing to do would be to advance the spark timing which might have gone awry and retarded if you have been running on poor quality low octane petrol for long. Your normal petrol ECU would have to relearn the spark timing after zeroing the earlier readings from the ECU memory. A lot depends on whether you have a dedicated lpg ECU.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:47   #97
BANNED

for SANTRO LE 2000..closed or open..BRC or LOVOTO

for santro 2000 LE which has done about 43500km which system - open or closed - LPG you suggest . is there any FAV brand ( BRC LOVATO STARGAS) which works better in SANTRO. Is ECU a must.by the way any Good place to do this in chennai.Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I may revert to the open loop system from the current closed one. I have not been getting consistent FE on LPG. Had dropped to 8kms which pushes my running cost to same as petrol.

I disconnected the ECU and I am getting the old FE of 13kms. Actually the car was smooth and had better pickup with the ECU.

I seriously feel the ECU that my installer had fixed is not specific to my car. He says its an Universal ECU. I doubt because some map had to be in the ECU to instruct stepper motor to pull gas according to load conditions. That map cannot be same for all cars. Will keep you updated.
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:15   #98
BANNED

URL for more about OPEN/CLOSED/MULTIPOINT

Go LPG - Which type of LPG conversion do you need?

Still i invite opinion/views about LPG for SANTRO .

--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
for santro 2000 LE which has done about 43500km which system - open or closed - LPG you suggest . is there any FAV brand ( BRC LOVATO STARGAS) which works better in SANTRO. Is ECU a must.by the way any Good place to do this in chennai.Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:50   #99
Senior - BHPian

@ravibhat: The Lorry Owners Assocition will never leave the diesel cost to rise beyond a certain point and if the govt. does not heed their demands, then you know as we have very well experienced in past, they will go on strike and nobody and no company in this country ever want this to happen. All the companys production will come to a stand still. Hence the equaling of petrol and diesel prices may not happen near future.
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:02   #100
BHPian

Hi guys i plan to convert my baleno to LPG. wht is the best kit available in tvm for gas conversion? Here in tvm maruti is fitting LPG from SABAN Motors and all kerala service offered and 1.5 yr free service all for 21000 rs with longas lpg kit. Is it a good deal. iam currently getting 14kpl in petrol. what will be the expected fe in lpg?? helpppppp
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:06   #101
BHPian

Try to get 'BRC' closed loop system, it costs more than rs.35,000.
Old 22nd July 2007, 11:09   #102
BHPian

But is it worth spending an extra 15k as my monthly travel is 1000 kms.....
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:33   #103
Senior - BHPian

Premdiv,
Please check out the resale value of a 2006 baleno. These have plumetted after the car was phased out. In case you sell you tend to lose more than what running the car on Gas or Diesel will ever save you. How is the CNG sityuation in Trivandrum ? Is it available there. If yes you could try switchin to CNG which is not only cheaper but safer( lighter than air). The only _ve is that it costs more to convert to CNG vis a vis LPG.
Old 22nd July 2007, 22:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

BRC kit is good I heard since some of my friends using it. about type (open or closed, sequential etc) of kit it all depends on how best lpg kit installer handles it. Best experienced guy can make you get almost similar FE figures with Petrol and LPG. I feel good lpg expert and all imported genuine parts should be purchased rather than giving priority to brand although based on people say BRC is better one which come with all imported parts. I feel thats why its bit costly too.

Hi snaronikar I do agree your valid point, I hope Petrol and Diesel cost won't be same what I heard is diference in cost will come down.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 23rd July 2007, 07:29   #105
BHPian

CNG is not available in trivandrum as of now. so only option is LPG. But as many of them in this forum pointed out low mileage, is it a risk to switch over to LPG.

Last edited by premdiv : 23rd July 2007 at 07:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks