Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 22:03   #1
BHPian

Lefthand indicator not working in Punto: Workshop experience at Malik Car, Hyderabad.

I took delivery of my punto emotion pack on 23rd September.

Today morning, I observed that left hand indicators (all the three - front, rear and door-side one) are not working. Dashboard displays warning related to this.

I took the car to Malik car workshop at Tolichowki in the afternoon. Initially, they said it will be some problem with ECU memory and removed the battery connection and kept like that for 30mins.

They connected some diagnostic instrument and that reported possible causes: relay connections, combination switch [which seems to be some where near the left stalk].

Later they checked the all the fuses. They have no idea on the fuses corresponding to left- side indicators. [Its not mentioned in the owner's manual also].

Later they said they will check the connections. And no progress.

Till night 7:30 they were not able to diagnose the problem.

They gave me two options: Leave the car at their workshop and they will try to diagnose the problem tomorrow. Alternatively, take the car and come back on monday - meanwhile, they will initiate e-mail communication with fiat engineer to find out the problem.

By this time, they have removed the covers around steering wheel (to check combination switch), etc., and I was tired. So, left the car at workshop and came back home in the spare car provided by them.

I am not very happy with the technical expertise of the malik car service men. Left hand indicator not working looks to me a very simple problem.

After reading different horror stories (like Skoda changing parts in Harish car), is it okay to leave the car at workshop?

Has anyone faced similar issue in Punto?
Old 9th October 2009, 22:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

You have already left the car with the workshop, so why now worrying about being "Skoda'd"?

Don't think these guys have stooped that low.

And about the simple issue - you never know. Obvious place is fuse and then the connections and also if the bulbs are fine. If doing all that, one is still now able to find the issue, then more investigation will be required.

So, give them some more time. Hope you get the issue resolved tomorrow.

And they gave you a spare car is it? Interesting.

And I reckon this should be in the technical section. You have definitely not posted your initial ownership details here.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maven View Post
I took delivery of my punto emotion pack on 23rd September.

Today morning, I observed that left hand indicators (all the three - front, rear and door-side one) are not working. Dashboard displays warning related to this.

Have you checked out whether a bulb has been fused or not? Punto ECU disables the circuit when it senses a resistance variation.

Last edited by GTO : 4th July 2011 at 14:57. Reason: You do NOT need to quote a 30 line post for a 2 line reply!
Old 14th October 2009, 13:02   #4
BHPian

Malik cars fixed the problem on last sat'day. supervisor told the problem was with a coupler in left stalk, seems it got disconnected and they fixed it.

I am feeling the steering to be lighter after this service [This is *not* first service]. At what speeds the power steering switches off in punto? I have not driven the car above 60 kmph.
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:45   #5
BHPian

Re: Lefthand indicator not working in Punto: Workshop experience at Malik Car, Hydera

I hope you are enoying your Punto. I am planning to buy Punto. Can you advise the best dealer in Hyderabad in terms of service, knowledge about Fiat cars. I have interacted with some and found that not all are conversant with Fiat models.

Most Viewed