Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 23:16   #46
BHPian

Hi Raghav,

I know how you must feel. I sold off my 27 K run Uno for almost scrap value due to non-availability of spares. I have a friend who now works with the Fiat - Tata JV (which manufactures the Punto and the Linea). He says they are not supporting the Palio and that is being done directly by Fiat Italy. In fact, when Fiat Spa asked them to support the Palio, they asked for capex of close to a couple of hundred crores (for part localisation etc.). Fiat Spa declined the monetary support. So, in a nutshell, Fiat India seems to be washing it's hands off the Palio, Uno, Siena and Adventure. Have you tried writing to Fiat Spa, Italy? They have some email addresses on their international website.

This attitude is exactly why I will never buy a Fiat again. I mean you leave the early adopters in the lurch and then go chasing newer guinea pigs (OK, so I might be proved wrong later- and for all the linea / punto owners, I hope I am indeed proven wrong). This is a Kotler case study in marketing harakiri (alongside Skoda)
Old 21st October 2009, 11:55   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely pathetic situation, the Adventure was in showrooms till only 3 - 4 years back. How can there be zero parts support from Fiat India? This gentleman has spent 2.5 months already without his car. And the repairs haven't even started yet! How much longer? Who is going to pay for the inconvenience?

I drive a Mahindra Jeep that was discontinued 13 years back, yet a new engine was arranged for me in 2008 in 7 days. Because of Mahindra's support, I can take it offroading, break it into two, and yet have her repaired in 24 hours. Have never had a problem sourcing parts for any Maruti / Honda / Toyota (Qualis) in the family either. Despite the models having been discontinued ages back.

If Fiat is serious about rebuilding its reputation, which they are, the management would do well in taking care of existing customers first. It is actual ownership experiences that make or break a brand in India. And last I checked, we do still have more Palio-platform products (Palio, Petra / Siena, Adventure etc.) on our roads today than Puntos & Lineas.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:15   #48
BHPian

No changes, no improvements.
Just some more confusion.
Earlier I was informed about abscence of 11 parts.
Not its opposite.
atleast 30 odd parts are not available.
I dont think that even TATA can do anything, if spares are not given to their service network.
So noone else apart from FIAT is to give the credit of their own state.
Also I suppose as one of the members said that, FIAT Italy has asked for a hefty amount form FIAPL, to provide the support for the pre stile cars, if that is the case then its completly hopeless situation. All the the Italian or european professional attitude is just a hyped illusion.
So FIAT Italy is to be blamed finally.
Its like to carry there image, FIAPL will never say that, "we can't provide spares". But they will neither provide you spares. All the customers will be kept hanging.

If anyone have the mail id of FIAT CO Mr Raiv Kapoor, please PM it to me.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd October 2009 at 16:31. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Harish, I had mailed you CEO's mail-id earlier, however will PM it you now.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:42   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Sympathies with you mate -- what else can one offer.

This is a pathetic example of A.S.S by FIAT and one that will do their reputation no good. What use is the FIRST FIAT (or whatever program that they have launched) if they can't provide spares to models that were being sold some 2-3 years ago?

I think people are justified when they say that FIAT A.S.S is woefully inadequate and pathetic and I am sure such examples will surely make people 'think again' before buying any FIAT in India.

Who knows in 1-2 years time they may do the same to folks who are buying the Punto's & Linea's now.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

Who knows in 1-2 years time they may do the same to folks who are buying the Punto's & Linea's now.
Exactly, even though I own a GTX, never did it or will it cross my mind anytime to buy a new Fiat. Its scary.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is a pathetic example of A.S.S by FIAT and one that will do their reputation no good. What use is the FIRST FIAT (or whatever program that they have launched) if they can't provide spares to models that were being sold some 2-3 years ago?
Forget 2-3 years. See what they are doing to current models in my case.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1543907
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:53   #53
BHPian

Any feedback from Mr Rajiv Kapoor ? CEO @ FIAT
Old 25th October 2009, 06:03   #54

You may please try M/s Tribeni Motors, Kashmiri Gate, New Delhi (011-23913594) for sourcing spares (I own a UNO Diesel, have no probs in getting spares from them)
Old 25th October 2009, 09:57   #55
BHPian

Read the whole thread...

From what I have experienced, the guys at Samyak are able to source parts from other dealers, from other channels and can even get aftermarket (non-OE) parts for the A178 FIATs (through importers).

My GTX was out of action due to radiator damage, and I spent a whole week talking to all the dealers in Delhi/NCR. Nobody was able to help me (perhaps due to the warehouse problem that architect was talking about). Gave a call to the key person at Samyak (he had been on leave for the week, so couldn't speak to him earlier). The very next day, my car was back on the road, with a non-OEM radiator, whcih has been working perfectly for the past month.

I would suggest you get in touch with them. I know it is still a long shot, but check anyway.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 25th October 2009 at 10:01.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:01   #56
BHPian

Hi Vipul
Same point
the strutural parts are not made by any other apart from OEM, that is FIAT.
The side body and front reinforcement are the major two parts because of which the work is stuck.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about your case raghav. If its only the front reinforcement and the side body have you tried buying these two from other dealers you can pick up the difference in the tax amount or what ever. Can the front support not be manufactured outside at some place, like the Inderpuri area where there are hoards of small body fabricators?
Old 26th October 2009, 13:18   #58
BHPian

2007 make and you are facing Zero availability of spares.
If the 10 year rule is true then definitely you should go to consumer court. I own 2001 make siena weekend spare parts costs heaven. I too use to love Fiat brand but I hate it now as they don't give support for my 2001 siena, everytime I have hunt for spares.

If Fiat cannot give support to 2007 Adventure what kind of support you can expect from them for loads of Linea's or Punto which currently running on Indian roads.

Last edited by FERRO : 26th October 2009 at 13:20.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:14   #59
BHPian

Hi Raghav
As i have written in the thread started by me about FIat Petra 2004 gear issues, i could not engage reverse and 5th gears
The fault was pinned down to a gear lever cable.
To my surprise none of the Fiat Authorized Service Centre had the gear lever cable in stock and said they are not sure when they can get it even if i place an order
My point is if they cant have a gear lever cable in stock which is fairly common part to get faulty i dont think you will be able to get the critical parts in your car which are damaged

Enough of taking decisions by heart, i think its time to bid my Petra goodbye
Old 27th October 2009, 14:49   #60
Team-BHP Support

The worst part is that this is happening in Mumbai / NCR. Wonder what the scenario is in smaller towns.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks